Will Arrighetti mainstay on the Italian roster after WCH?

• I know that this is a little bit early for asking but i come up wiht this question in WCH thread and i though that will be more suitable if i opene a new thread about this so it won't be offtopic. So i am asking you this question without deminishing Barazza. I belive that most corect anwser will be at the end of the tournament but i would like to read some opinions

Thank you in advance

• I know that this is a little bit early for asking but i come up wiht this question in WCH thread and i though that will be more suitable if i opene a new thread about this so it won't be offtopic. So i am asking you this question without deminishing Barazza. I belive that most corect anwser will be at the end of the tournament but i would like to read some opinions

Thank you in advance

If she will keep improving in blocking, I think she can replace Barazza. However it is also possible that Gioli will retire after the WCH. Maybe she wants to go at another Olympics, who knows? But if Gioli retires, then Barazza and Arrighetti can play together, because they attack different balls. Arrighetti can play the slide. Barazza attacks the "7", which Arrighetti doesn't.

Barazza is a great float server though.

It will be a battle between Guiggi, Barazza and Arrighetti for the two places in the starting six.

• If she will keep improving in blocking, I think she can replace Barazza. However it is also possible that Gioli will retire after the WCH. Maybe she wants to go at another Olympics, who knows? But if Gioli retires, then Barazza and Arrighetti can play together, because they attack different balls. Arrighetti can play the slide. Barazza attacks the "7", which Arrighetti doesn't.

Barazza is a great float server though.

It will be a battle between Guiggi, Barazza and Arrighetti for the two places in the starting six.

i think that Guiggi will replace Gioli after she decides to retire because hey're similar and maybe Guiggi has all the qualities to became stronger than Gioli in the future...Arrighetti will stay of sure because i think that Barazza'll be out(she is not young and there are lots of other players like Arrighetti,Calloni,Crisanti...)

• However it is also possible that Gioli will retire after the WCH.

Did Gioli make a statment about this? I would be very surprised if she decieded to retire from national team before Olympic Games. It would be sad for such great player to finish her career without a olympic medal. Especially that she has a possibility of winning this medal because she plays for really good team.

• Did Gioli make a statment about this? I would be very surprised if she decieded to retire from national team before Olympic Games. It would be sad for such great player to finish her career without a olympic medal. Especially that she has a possibility of winning this medal because she plays for really good team.

Nope, she didn't! Mine is just speculation, because she is not young. Italy needs a stronger block. Gioli-Arrighetti makes a weaker block, unless Arrighetti improves (which I think she really can very much). I think the best combination in the near future will be Guiggi-Barazza, until Arrighetti becomes a blocking machine.