Kathleen Weiss: When I arrived in Baku and saw the class of the team,I was pleasantly surprised.

• "Igtisadchi" started winning streak in the Azerbaijani Super League. Losing in the first match to Rabita, the team beat Lokomotiv (3:0) and" VC Baki "(3:1), which enabled them to be at the top of the table. One of the players that determine the actions of the team is Kathleen Weiss, who is a very famous player and is among the best setters of the World volleyball. About the victory over the "VC Baki" in the third round, the relationship with his partner and the level of the national championship Weiss told the correspondent of azerisport.com.

Kathleen, in spite of the victory over the Capitals, it seems to be that it was not easy for your team in this match ?

Yes, we started well, but then "Baki" won the third set, taking advantage of our mistakes in defense. The fourth period was pretty nervous because we lost a difference of five goals, but managed to pull ourselves together and did our best to come back in the match. The faults of the opponents at reception helped us and as a result we have achieved the required victory.

After this victory "Igtisadchi" came in the second place and began chasing the leaders?

I think that the team started very well. Two wins in three hard matches - a very good result, especially considering that in each match, the club is playing an increasingly confident. But, of course, there is still work to do.

And as a member of "Igtisadchi" what do you think about your new team?

Initially, it was not easy to have good communication with the partners, since I joined the team later because of the World Championships where I played for the German National team. Frankly, I vaguely imagined a new team, but I knew that "Igtisadchi" was a bronze medalist of the Super league last season. Well, when arrived in Baku and met my partners and saw the class of the team I was pleasantly surprised.

You are a rather demanded player in the European volleyball. How much the offer from Azerbaijan was unexpected for you and why did you choose this country?

Even last season I heard that Azerbaijan creates a Superleague with good teams. Besides, I really wanted to play in European competition, and "Igtisadchi provides such an opportunity. As you know, we are close to qualifying to the third round of the Challenge Cup.

And what are the first impressions of the Superleague?

It totally justifies my expectations. There are great teams like Rabita and Azerrail, and the other very strong teams. "Igtisadchi" on the rights of the last championship bronze medalist faces great challenges and we also try to do our best to have more success. Considering how volleyball develops in Azerbaijan, as well as the number of top class players from different countries, I think that the primacy of Azerbaijan will get stronger from year to year.

"Igtisadchi" - is quite an international team, which consists of the players not only from Europe but also from Latin America. In what language do you communicate?

Interesting question. We are really an International team, because we have players from Venezuela, Argentina, USA, Japan, Spain and many other countries. So we have a mixed of Italian, English, Spanish, some German. Bit of everything.