USA NT 2011

• This past year's World Championship team

OPP
    Destinee Hooker (OPP, 6-4, San Antonio, Texas, Texas)
    Oganna Nnamani (OPP, 6-1, Bloomington, Ill., Stanford)
    Nancy Metcalf (OPP, 6-1, Hull, Iowa, Nebraska)

OH
    Logan Tom (OH, 6-1, Salt Lake City, Utah, Stanford)
    Jordan Larsen (OH, 6-2, Hooper, Neb., Nebraska)
    Cynthia Barboza (OH, 6-0, Long Beach, Calif., Stanford)
    Megan Hodge (OH, 6-3, Durham, N.C., Penn State)

MB
    Foluke Akinradewo (MB, 6-3, Plantation, Fla., Stanford)
    Heather Bown (MB, 6-3, Yorba Linda, Calif., Hawaii)
    Jennifer Tamas (MB, 6-4, Milpitas, Calif., Pacific)

S
    Alisha Glass (S, 6-0, Leland, Mich., Penn State)
    Lindsey Berg (S, 5-8, Honolulu, Hawaii, Minnesota)

L
    Stacy Sykora (L, 5-10, Burleson, Texas, Texas A&M)
    Nicole Davis (L, 5-4, Stockton, Calif., Southern California)

Other Athletes on the National Team last year
    OH
    Kim Glass (OH, 6-2, Lancaster, Pa., Arizona)
    Angie Pressey Forsett (OH, 5-8, Lake Mary, Fla., California)
    Kristin Richards (OH, 6-1, Orem, Utah, Stanford)
    Jill Collymore (OPP/OH, 5-10, Seattle, Wash., Washington)

MB
    Lauren Paolini (MB, 6-4, Ann Arbor, Mich., Texas)
    Christa Harmotto (MB, 6-2, Aliquippa, Pa., Penn State)
    Alexis Crimes (MB, 6-3, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Long Beach State)

OPP
    Nicole Fawcett (OPP, 6-4, Zanesfield, Ohio, Penn State)

S
    Nellie Spicer (S, 5-9, Barrington, Ill., UCLA)
    Courtney Thompson (S, 5-8, Kent, Wash., Washington)

L
    Tamari Miyashiro (L, 5-7, Kaneohe, Hawaii, Washington)

Returning Athletes
    OPP
    Tayyiba Haneef-Park (OPP, 6-7, Laguna Hills, Calif., Long Beach State)

MB
    Danielle Scott-Arruda (MB, 6-2, Baton Rouge, La., Long Beach State)

New Athletes
    OPP
    Blair Brown (OPP, 6-5, Purcellville, Va., Penn State)

OH
    Tarah Murrey (OH, 6-3, El Cerrito, Calif., California)
    Juliann Faucette (OH, 6-2, San Diego, Calif., Texas)
    Alix Klineman (OH, 6-4, Manhattan Beach, Calif.)

MB
    Arielle Wilson
    Rachael Adams (Texas, MB, 6-2, Cincinnati, Ohio)
    Jennifer Doris (Texas, MB, 6-5, Houston, Texas)
    Brooke Delano (Nebraska, MB, 6-4, Bellevue, Meb.)
    Lindsay Fletemier (Dayton, MB, 6-6, Garden City, Mich.)

S
    Carli Lloyd (California-Berkeley, S, 5-11, Bonsall, Calif.)
    Sydney Anderson (Nebraska, S, 6-0, Salt Lake City, Ut.)
    Cassidy Lichtman (Stanford, 6-1, Poway, Calif.)
    Kelly Murphy (Florida, S, 2, 6-2, Wilmington, Ill.)

Needless to say there is a lot of talent in the US right now

• Usa have many good athlets, it is really a shame they didnt make a professional league there yet. But, well good for the other leagues, that can sign with this girls..hehehe

• OH-Jill COLLYMORE
    OH-Angela PRESSEY
    MB-Alexis CRIMES
    L-Tamari MIYASHIRO
    S-Courtney THOMPSON

All these five players play in the same club named Post SCHWECHAT. :whistle: They all were in the USA roster list for 25 players. What would you say these players do you think they are also talented as much as Hooker or Hodge?

• USA, like Brazil and Russia, is a country that revealed many stars and talents.
    It's possible to mount two great teams each 14 players:

A. Glass/Metcalf
    Tom/Hooker (as OH)
    Bown/Akirandewo
    Sykora

Berg/Hodge
    Larson/K. Glass
    Tamas/Crimes
    Davis

Another team:

Spicer/Haneef-Park
    Klinemann/Barboza
    Scott-Arruda/Harmotto
    (Libero ?)

Thompson/Fawcett
    Collymore/(OH ?)
    (2 MB's ?)
    (Libero ?)

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Women's World Championship 2010
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's World League 2011
    :super: :thumbsup:

• OH-Jill COLLYMORE
    OH-Angela PRESSEY
    MB-Alexis CRIMES
    L-Tamari MIYASHIRO
    S-Courtney THOMPSON

All these five players play in the same club named Post SCHWECHAT. :whistle: They all were in the USA roster list for 25 players. What would you say these players do you think they are also talented as much as Hooker or Hodge?

I watched some matches of Schwechat in MEVZA and CEV Cup. Crimes is a pretty good middle, and they have another MB, Jessica Jones, who is also quite good, but for some reason she is not in USA NT roster. I think she should be.
    Angela Pressey hasn't impressed me at all. Well she is only 1,73 tall and for that she plays quite well, especially in block, but for international level her performance isn't good enough, at least not for USA. Miyashiro also is good, but no comparison to Sykora and Davis.
    Jill Collymore hasn't played yet this season because she's injured, maybe I can watch her later this season.
    Next Thursday Laola will show Schwechat's CEV Cup match vs Rocheville Le Cannet (Salinas, Kulakova, Buckova, Sustring, Bursac, Querard...), so you can have a look at them.

• thanks for info i will watch it :)

• In an American forum (Volleytalk) is written that Hugh McCutcheon quits his job as NT coach. It's not confirmed officially yet but according to posters there will be announced very soon :S

USA women's coach Hugh McCutcheon has accepted a posting at the University of Minnesota to become its women's volleyball coach.

McCutcheon will continue to fulfil his current obligations with USA Volleyball before becoming full-time coach of the Minnesota team at a mutually agreed date in the future. Current Minnesota assistant coach Laura Bush, who has twice been an NCAA Division I head coach during her career, will serve as the interim head coach during this period while McCutcheon is with the United States women's team.

"I am honoured and excited to coach the women's volleyball program at the University of Minnesota," McCutcheon said. "This is a wonderful opportunity, both personally and professionally, and I hope we can continue the [Minnesota] team's strong history of success. It is and continues to be an honour and privilege to coach the US women's national team."

McCutcheon, 41, has served as head coach of the US women's team for the past two seasons, having previously led the American men to Olympic gold at Beijing in 2008.

"We always want the best for our employees and we are trying to develop a win-win situation that works for USA Volleyball, Hugh and his family and the University of Minnesota," USA Volleyball chief executive officer Doug Beal said. "We value very much Hugh as a coach of our US women's national zeam and want what is best for him in the long term. Hugh has been remarkably successful and we hope that success can continue. But ultimately, we want what is best for Hugh."

In his first two years with the US women's side, McCutcheon has developed a unit built around both established veterans and young players capable of competing on the international scene. His team, currently ranked second in the FIVB world ranking, have a 46-27 record in these two years, despite the transition to new techniques employed by McCutcheon and his staff.

McCutcheon has brought in over 50 players into the gym for evaluation and over half have been part of an international trip representing USA. Last season he guided the team to the 2010 FIVB World Grand Prix crown, the premier annual women's international tournament. The 2010 season was capped by a fourth-place finish at the FIVB Women's World Championship.

• USA has a very good offensive line up. I think Coach Hugh must try Hooker as OH this year. I know that her receiving is still not in good shape but it has improved over her stint in Pesaro. Fawcett however showed that she has a spot in NT with her performance as OPP in Minas. She's almost unstoppable from the backrow. For the setting job, I'd stick to Glass.

• why to put Hooker on OH, he has for OH Logan, Larson, Glass, Hodge. Fawcet is good player but is not level of Hooker on right side.

• USA has a very good offensive line up. I think Coach Hugh must try Hooker as OH this year. I know that her receiving is still not in good shape but it has improved over her stint in Pesaro. Fawcett however showed that she has a spot in NT with her performance as OPP in Minas. She's almost unstoppable from the backrow. For the setting job, I'd stick to Glass.

There is only one opposite stronger than Hooker right now... and that is Gamova, certainly not Fawcett... pssh

• There is only one opposite stronger than Hooker right now... and that is Gamova, certainly not Fawcett... pssh

Fawcett played some good games here but i don't think she can be started in NT. Hooker is great and i think she is the best choice to play as Opp.

Hooker as OH could be Pesaro's no-choice...
    can you imagine when three Opposites in starting lineups ?
    Usic even became the best receiver among them...
    dont count on Hooker as an OH, she is more powerful on right side...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I don't think Hooker will play as an OH because the USA finally has a stable service reception with Larson on the floor but I do think we'll see Hooker hit much more on the leftside and pipe than we did last year, kind of like Gamova who hits from everywhere on the court. The USA just concluded their winter training block where they invited recent college graduates to try out for the senior NT. Some new players that we should expect to see this summer:

OPP
    Kindra Carlson 1.86

Setter
    Jennifer Hagglund 1.78
    Carli Lloyd 1.80

OH
    Becky Perry 1.91

Libero
    Kayla Banwarth

MB
    Lauren Gibbemeyer 1.91

• All of these players, with the exception of Becky Perry who is playing professionally in PR, aren't playing at a club this season and will need a lot more experience to make an impact on the NT, but they're an athletic and solid young group that should be able to contribute in the future.

Kindra Carlson - OPP
    - Kindra is a very good all-around player. She has a very good jump-serve, can receive serve and plays good backrow defense, and hits very well from the front and backrow. She is most effective off of a quicker tempo set, sort of similar to how Brazil sets Sheilla. She's not a giant like Fawcett or Hooker, but she is very strong physically and her versatility allows her to contribute in all phases of the game. I think she has huge potential in the coming years.

Becky Perry - OH

- Becky is a tall and dynamic player with exceptional attacking ability and athleticism. Her fundamentals need work and sometimes she struggles with consistency, particularly her passing, but she has tremendous potential to be an elite attacker. She reminds me a lot of Chaine Staelens when she was in her physical prime. Becky can attack from both sides and very well from the backrow. She needs to develop a more consistent jump serve. She just joined the Lancheras de Catano in the Puerto Rican League.I think she is poised to be a star.

Carli Lloyd - S

- Carli was named the Player of the Year in the NCAA and led her team to the championship match. She's an extremely quick and athletic setter. A very good blocking setter. Her setting location and accuracy can be inconsistent at times, but she has a lot of experience at the previous level and is comfortable running a quicker offense. I think she will need a few years to really blossom but the USA NT has to be excited about her potential for the future.