USA NT 2011

• My roster with Hopes should be like this ^^

Setters - Berg, A.Glass, Spicer
    OHs - Tom, Larson, Richards, Hodge
    OPPs - Metcalf, Hooker, Fawcett
    MBs - Bown, Tamas, Akinradewo, Harmotto
    Liberos - Sykora and Davis

no huge difference as last year...I hope Hooker keeps playing as OPP. It is kinda risky to put her on OH I think, since Larson and Tom are playing so well in the NT.

• I agree with your roster with the exception of Richards. There are younger players with more potential and Richards has had many opportunities to prove herself and she hasn't been able to break into the USA NT lineup. There are a lot of tournaments this season like Montreux and Pan American Games that the USA will probably send some of their less experienced players to to get more experience so I think we won't see all the veterans all the time.

• Kim didn't see much action because of her injury but she is definitely back to her prior form as we saw in the CL. However, the USA NT is putting a lot of emphasis on service reception and Larson has proved to be the most consistent passer. I'm sure we'll see Kim back with the NT but I am not sure she'll be in a starting position.

• my roster would be:

Setters:Berg,A.Glass,Spicer

Opp:Hooker,Barboza,Haneef

OH:Hodge,Tom,Larson,K.Glass

MB:Bown,Harmotto,Akinradewo,Joines-Tamas

Libero: Davis,Sykora

i also have a question..where is Ogonna Nnamani???

• Preliminary Montreux Roster

1: CRIMES Alexis
    2: SCOTT-ARRUDA Danielle
    3: HANEEF Tayyiba
    4: FORSETT Angela
    5: SYKORA Stacy
    6: DAVIS Nicole
    7: ENGLE Ashley
    8: GLASS Alisha
    9: TAMAS Jennifer
    10: GLASS Kimberly
    11: LARSON, Jordan
    12: METCLAF Nancy
    13: HARMOTTO Christa
    14: FAWCETT Nicole
    15: THOMPSON Courtney
    16: AKINRADEWO Foluke
    17: SPICER Mary
    18: RICHARDS, Kristin
    19: HOOKER Destinee

• Angela Forsett is Pressy, right?

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• IS THIS OFFICIAL PLAYER LISTS ?? :what:

• I really don't think Tayyiba Haneef should be in NT any more, her performance in Azerbaijan is not impressive at all (to put it positively).

It's not?

• USA released it's Summer Training Roster. Lot's of new faces.

Kayla Banwarth (L, 5-10, Dubuque, Iowa, Nebraska)
    Cynthia Barboza (OH, 6-0, Long Beach, Calif., Stanford)
    Kindra Carlson (OPP, 6-1, Eaton, Colo., Washington)
    Jill Collymore (OH, 5-10, Bellevue, Wash., Washington)
    Alexis Crimes (MB, 6-3, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Long Beach State)
    Angie Forsett (OH, 5-8, Lake Mary, Fla., California)
    Lauren Gibbemeyer (MB, 6-2, St. Paul, Minn., Minnesota)
    Alisha Glass (S, 6-0, Leland, Mich., Penn State)
    Jenna Hagglund (S, 5-11, West Chester, Ohio, Washington)
    Destinee Hooker (OPP, 6-4, San Antonio, Texas, Texas)
    Jessica Jones (MB, Naperville, Ill., Minnesota)
    Alix Klineman (OH, 6-5, Manhattan Beach, Calif., Stanford)
    Carli Lloyd (S, 5-11, Bonsall, Calif., California)
    Tamari Miyashiro (L, 5-7, Kaneohe, Hawaii, Washington)
    Becky Perry (OH, 6-2, Austin, Texas, Washington)
    Danielle Scott-Arruda (MB, 6-2, Baton Rouge, La., Long Beach State)
    Tracy Stalls (MB, 6-3, Denver, Colo., Nebraska)
    Elisha Thomas (MB, 6-3, Grass Valley, Calif., Long Beach State)
    Courtney Thompson (S, 5-8, Kent, Wash., Washington)

• If Scott still continues to play they also should invite Phipps and Cross-Battle too WTF! :lol: Scott is not neccessary to this team they have lots of talented MB :whistle:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• where's AKINRADEWO Foluke in the new list?

• where's AKINRADEWO Foluke in the new list?

according to USA volleyball, it's the list of players, who train with the team at the moment. They said the other NT players will join training camp as soon as they and their league championship. So Foluke will be on the team - don't worry ;)

• Fact of the matter is USA has a lot of young players who have limitless potential to become GREAT. In my opinion, they are going to have to rebuild soon because some of their current starters - Bown, Scott-Arruda, Tom - are all getting up there in age. By that I mean in their mid-30s. Nothing wrong to have veteran players on the team, but soon it will be time to replace them. Definitely in my opinion by 2016 Olympic games.

Here is the current women's team roster if anyone is interested. There are many players, more than just starters. I believe they all train and practice together.

http://usavolleyball.org/athletes/tag/1569/page/1

Like I was saying, USA has young talent, and some of the above posts pointed that out. Almost all of the Penn State players and former players are REALLY good. I have watched them on tv and they are pretty resilient. Nellie Spicer is a good setter as is Courtney Thompson. They just need an opportunity.

• Yeah you are right. If it would be possible to have more than one NT, i think the USA could make 3 teams. They got a lot of players. But i also think there are two classes of young players. I don't mention Bown, Sykora and Tom, because their success speaks for it self.
    And then there are Alisha Glass, Destinee Hooker, Megan Hodge, Foluke Akinradewo, Jordan Larson, Alix Klineman, Christa Harmotto as the standouts of the rising players.
    And you are right there are more talented players who need a chance, but i think they are a step behind the girls a mentoined above ;)

• I think USA's NT sometimes makes some choices we don't quite understand, like naming captain a player from the bench, I think it's a culture thing. Wasn't Joines-Tamas the captain of the team in the last WC? Well, I don't know, maybe that's why Danielle was called, cause she's such a great leader and she can pass all her great experience to the younger players. I feel that's a bit what she did in 2009, in the NT. As far as the technical aspects of the game, it's clear her momentum is gone. Even as a blocker, that was a bit strenght for her in the past, she couldn't show a very good form this past season in Brazil. At her top shape, I still consider her one of the very best MB's I've had the pleasure to watch.