USA NT 2011

• Yeah you are right. If it would be possible to have more than one NT, i think the USA could make 3 teams. They got a lot of players. But i also think there are two classes of young players. I don't mention Bown, Sykora and Tom, because their success speaks for it self.
    And then there are Alisha Glass, Destinee Hooker, Megan Hodge, Foluke Akinradewo, Jordan Larson, Alix Klineman, Christa Harmotto as the standouts of the rising players.
    And you are right there are more talented players who need a chance, but i think they are a step behind the girls a mentoined above ;)

They could make multiple teams, that is a good point. So many current players and talent that has yet to come. :olympia: Obviously, all the players you named were GREAT in college. I just want to see if they can take it to the next level, playing for the Olympics. It is good the USA has the veteran players it does so that these young ladies have the opportunity to develop into the next generation of USA Olympic volleyball players. Given that, I don't really expect them to be at the top this or next year. I would honestly be surprised if they win a medal in London in 2012. They came from out of nowhere in 2008, that was AMAZING, but I don't think one can expect that will happen again. Once these young ladies develop at the international level, I can see the USA being one of the top teams in the world. :D But give them some time.

• I'm just wondering why Alix Klineman isn't training with the NT group anymore. She was mentioned to train with the team on May 16, but not on the update of May 23. She also not in the roster for Montreux Masters. Kind of strange to let a good player like her go, or is she injuried maybe???

• I'm just wondering why Alix Klineman isn't training with the NT group anymore. She was mentioned to train with the team on May 16, but not on the update of May 23. She also not in the roster for Montreux Masters. Kind of strange to let a good player like her go, or is she injuried maybe???

I've been wondering the same thing throughout the week. ?( Alix Klineman is such a sensational player. Besides, she already had international experience even before many other players that have been part of the NT recently.

• I've been wondering the same thing throughout the week. ?( Alix Klineman is such a sensational player. Besides, she already had international experience even before many other players that have been part of the NT recently.

Apparently she singed a contract with Pesaro. Maybe she was / is in Italy for medical test or something like that ;)

• Apparently, Alix Klineman returned to school to finish the spring quarter, after attending NT practices for a short period in May. Stanford graduation is next weekend and she will return to the NT sometime during the following week.

• Roster for WGP 2011:
    L: Tamari Miyashiro, Nicole Davis
    S: Lindsey Berg, Alisha Glass, Mary Spicer
    MB: Danielle Scott-Aruda, Heather Bown, Jennifer Tamas, Christa Harmotto, Foluke Akinradewo
    OH: Kristin Richards, Kimberly Glass, Jordan Larson, Logan Tom, Megan Hodge, Angela Forsett
    OPP: Tayyiba Haneef-Park, Nancy Metcalf, Nicole Fawcett, Destinee Hooker

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Roster for WGP 2011:
    L: Tamari Miyashiro, Nicole Davis
    S: Lindsey Berg, Alisha Glass, Mary Spicer
    MB: Danielle Scott-Aruda, Heather Bown, Jennifer Tamas, Christa Harmotto, Foluke Akinradewo
    OH: Kristin Richards, Kimberly Glass, Jordan Larson, Logan Tom, Megan Hodge, Angela Forsett
    OPP: Tayyiba Haneef-Park, Nancy Metcalf, Nicole Fawcett, Destinee Hooker

Scott-Arruda? OMG, USA already have great MBs... IMO, Scott is not needed at all. :thumbdown:
    on the other hand, glad to see Miyashiro on the roster.

• Scott wants to play in London, am I right?

• If someone can beat out Dani, so be it. She's the best middle the USA has ever produced and I'm so glad to see her back with the national team. You go Dani!!

Barboza tore her meniscus again and will be out 4 to 5 months. poor girl.

About Nnamani, I wonder if she quit the volleyball already.

• USA won WGP 2010 and 2011. This will power a year. This team will win Olympic Games.
    Have very high potential. A lot of talented athletes. A year ago, the good side showed up Foluke Akinradewo (including the already much worse but I do not know why), and this season, flashed the form Destinee Hooker (maybe because I did not finished the season in Italy in order to heal fully regenerated back to the NT. it's her choice, on the one hand has made the right choice, but I do not know if it does not bounce on her individual career. it is not the first escape from another country, unless there is something in the mentality of the players because the U.S. acted strangely before Richard Lambourne, then Kathleen Olsovsky and now Hooker)

American Federation of Volleyball have a hard rules. Players proudly represent their countries.
    For them, good representation is a important.
    And have the results...

"Volleyball is a fantastic way of life, really. it is
    beautiful adventure, which gives a lot of joy not only to those sports "

It is our passion gives us wings, lifts us above all else.
    It gives a million reasons to rejoice, learns to overcome fear and weakness.

Thanks to develop and learn to fight for every day
    :win:

• Stacy Sykora participated an interview for brasilian tv program Sportv News, very nice interview, very emocional. She will come back to Brazil next week to see again her club Vôlei Futuro. It has been almost 7 months since the accident.

http://video.globo.com/Videos/…MPICOS+DE+LONDRES,00.html

The interview is in english, Ill translate the last part that she speaks in portuguese.. :)

"I always wanted to play in Brasil, always, because Danielle Scott and Tara Cross Battle played in Brasil and I always wanted to speak portuguese. Always wanted to play in Brasil. So, when I was there, after one week I was already speaking it, you know, I wanted to speak cause I really like this language. And I want to speak it better, but has been six months now that I didnt speak portuguese. And now I want to speak it again you know. I miss Brasil, I want to go now."

• nice interview ;) I hope that she will quick comeback to NT

• Berg :obey:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Sykora is back to Brazil and today she made her first training with her team!!!! :heart:

Volei Futuro made a big party to recieve her, all players were really happy to see Stacy again. The training was open to public, so the supporters could also recieve Stacy. Really nice ^^

• you can see images of her come back after 2:46 ;) in 4:58 she starts dancing Michael Jackson stile..hehehehe

In the interview she talks about how she loves Araçatuba and how she embraced the group, that she never had a negative thought during her treatment, and that she didnt have a day exacly to come back in an oficial match, that she will let that decision to the coach and the club...she will do her best for the team from now on, and they will decide when she will come back..