Brazil's NT 2011

• Forget it Ana Cristina. Ze Roberto will take the players that he trusts. Do not exist many chances for renewal while he it is the coach of the Brazilian NT.

Some people say that Ana Cristina is considered shorty by the standards height for setters of the actual volleyball, it has only 1.73 cm. The great Yoshie Takeshita has 1.59 cm and Eleonora Lo Bianco - the best setter in the world - has 1.72 cm, but there are people who think Ana Cristina shorty :wall:. Obviously I'm not comparing these two with Ana, but she played much well in SuperLiga and had the courage to confront Paula Pequeno, which shows personality, and I think she deserved a chance. But I do not believe she will be called. Neither for the Team B.

We will with Dani Lins and Fabíola, the hand of lettuce. At least Dani has improved much this year.

How I miss Fernanda Venturini... :(

• Do you mean Fernandinha, setter of Modena ??

my friend, Fernada Venturini was an old brasilian setter...consider by many the best setter in the world in history. :) She played till 2004 Olympic Games, it was her last aperence in Brasilian Nt. She already stoped playing volleyball, but I believe if she came back she still was going to be one of the bests..hehehehehe

She is maried to Bernardinho, so since 2004, she and Zé dont get along very well. :whistle:

• Do you mean Fernandinha, setter of Modena ??

No, I mean Fernanda Venturini, Bernardinho's wife and best setter we had.

• She is maried to Bernardinho, so since 2004, she and Zé dont get along very well. :whistle:

Ze Roberto was much unfair with Fernanda. Practically ended her career. In my opinion, of course.

• my friend, Fernada Venturini was an old brasilian setter...consider by many the best setter in the world in history. :) She played till 2004 Olympic Games, it was her last aperence in Brasilian Nt. She already stoped playing volleyball, but I believe if she came back she still was going to be one of the bests..hehehehehe

She is maried to Bernardinho, so since 2004, she and Zé dont get along very well. :whistle:

:S What a shame, I didn't know her...the best setter in women's volleyball history... :aww: To be honest, in the period she played ----2004, I did know just a little about international women volleyball...just watched a very few matches of OG..other tournaments I couldn't watch at tv...and only after I discovered inside-volley, I have a good view of worldwide women's volleyball ;)

• :S What a shame, I didn't know her...the best setter in women's volleyball history... :aww: To be honest, in the period she played ----2004, I did know just a little about international women volleyball...just watched a very few matches of OG..other tournaments I couldn't watch at tv...and only after I discovered inside-volley, I have a good view of worldwide women's volleyball ;)

You are forgiven!!! :P :lol: But shame you could not watch her, cause she was indeed amazing as setter. I dont know if the best ever (I think so), but definelty one of the bests ever! :teach:

• She played for Grupo Murcia 2002 for a season if I'm not wrong with Glinka, Metcalf and Sokolova.

• She played for Grupo Murcia 2002 for a season if I'm not wrong with Glinka, Metcalf and Sokolova.

Yes she did...and recently she said in an interview she was really impressed that time with Glinka, that is amazing player, and that Sokolova didnt like to train much, so she was not that impressed..hehehe

• Yes she did...and recently she said in an interview she was really impressed that time with Glinka, that is amazing player, and that Sokolova didnt like to train much, so she was not that impressed..hehehe

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Yes she did...and recently she said in an interview she was really impressed that time with Glinka, that is amazing player, and that Sokolova didnt like to train much, so she was not that impressed..hehehe

Looks like all her teammates like Gosia, Bahar Toksok told in an interview that Glinka is not only a great player she is also a very good person, she is both like a sister and like a mother.
    Sokolova didn't like to train much? :lol:

• Looks like all her teammates like Gosia, Bahar Toksok told in an interview that Glinka is not only a great player she is also a very good person, she is both like a sister and like a mother.
    Sokolova didn't like to train much? :lol:

It was what she said..hehehehehe

• Brazilian Federation released today the first call for Brasil Nt made by coach Zé Roberto. He called 16 players, that will have to present to Nt 16/05 in saquarema, brasilian training center.

The first competition Brasil will make part of is the Panamerican Cup, that happens 14 to 16 july.

The only new name is from MB Juciely, elected best blocker of 2010/2011 Braislian Superleague.

Brasil Team:

Setter:
    Dani Lins (Unilever)
    Fabíola (Pinheiros/Mackenzie)

Opposites:
    Joycinha (Vôlei Futuro)
    Sheilla (Unilever)

OH:
    Fernanda Garay (Red Rockets, Japan)
    Jaqueline (Sollys/Osasco)
    Mari (Unilever)
    Natália (Sollys/Osasco)
    Paula Pequeno (Vôlei Futuro)
    Sassá (Sollys/Osasco)

Middles:
    Adenízia (Sollys/Osasco)
    Fabiana (Vôlei Futuro)
    Juciely (Unilever)
    Thaísa (Sollys/Osasco)

Libero
    Camila Brait (Sollys/Osasco)
    Fabi (Unilever)

I miss Carol Gattaz in that list, ok that she didnt play many time this season, but still she is an important player for NT. I think Zé call a very small list...:S Maybe if we do have this year a B team, that can be better, lets wait and see...

• I really Like Adanezia, but in my opinion Valeskinha was better this seaon...Also feel sorry for Carol. Maybe she should losе a little weight and to heal her old the injuries. She is great player and very good person. But Jusiely deserves this call from Ze Roberto!!!

• Except for Juciely there was no news.

And we're going with Fabiola, the Hands of Lettuce. Again! :wall:

I read somewhere that Fernanda Venturini can play again. Hopefully! Even with "old age" she is better than Dani and Fabiola together.

• Except for Juciely there was no news.

And we're going with Fabiola, the Hands of Lettuce. Again! :wall:

I read somewhere that Fernanda Venturini can play again. Hopefully! Even with "old age" she is better than Dani and Fabiola together.

Strange... you claim for new faces, but start talking about Fernanda Venturini coming again to the NT! I think Venturini was a truly genious setter, but we must move on. And I don't think Fabíola is as bad as you say, she did much better than Dani Lins in the last season in the NT, dealing well with the pressure of being the main setter in WCH.

• I don't really believe that Fernanda would consider returning national team.She can still probably play much better than many younger setters in the league but playing an entire tournament like Olympics is unrealistic at her age considering the quality of reception too.I think the most important thing is to insist on playing with the same setter until London 2012 and it seems like Ze finally made his mind about the setter last year.

• Well, about the Brazil's NT roster, there is no surprise in my opinion.

I think Fabiola and Dani Lins are the best setters Brazil's team can have now. They may not be brilliant, but they are good setters and they do not compromise Brazil's team performance. When it comes to the return of Fernanda Venturini to Brazil's NT, I really can't conceive such an idea. Fisrt, because she has retired since 2006, second because Fofão is still playing and if Zé Roberto wanted an experienced setter who can make a difference, he would call Fofão, not Fernanda and third, because Zé Roberto is investing in Fabiola and Dani Lins since 2009, there is no point in interrupting this process just a few months before the London OG.

As for the middle blockers, he definitely called the best players. Carol Gattaz was a bench player this season. She didn't even grab a spot among the starting six in her club, let alone in Brazil's NT, of course her injuries were a stumbling block, but Juciely was just amazing this season. Valeskinha is too short to play international level matches as a middle-blocker, if she had played as an outside hitter in her club, maybe she would have been given a chance, but this was not the case.

I am glad Mari and Paula are back to Brazil's NT. I hope they could be at the top of their forms again, just like they were playing in 2008.