Turkey NT 2011

• Turkey NT is going to play ECH and European league this season and with the changing of coach i am waiting a new system and new players in
    team.It is interesting that ex coach Bedestenlioglu prepared the team only in 3 months for WCH and the team has completed WCH 6th and after a few months he has been fired from his job :hit: Motta is a legendary coach hope he will be successful for NT.Thanks to 3 foreign limit Turkish players are playing in their clubs successfully.

My impressions about players this season.

Liberos:Gizem Güreşen is playing a great season this year.She will be an amazing libero in a few years.She improved herself a lot this season and deserves to play in Turkey NT as first libero.As far as all know Gülden Kayalar had a significant injury and she is out of volleyball for 6 months,in my opinion Serpil or Songül will play beside Gizem as substitution libero.I must add that our talented young liberos Gizem Örge(Nilufer Bel-18y) & Buse Kayacan(Karşıyaka İzka 18y) are playing in their clubs quite well.Both will play in Junior NT for ECH and WCH.

Middle Blockers:About Eda Erdem she is Turkey's most important weapon in attacks with Neslihan.Therefore she will be always in starting six on the other hand Bahar Toksoy and Büşra Cansu are in good shapes this season.Bahar is an amazing blocker and server other side Büşra is a well defender and reciever MB.She improved her blocking too.Büşra can replace Seda Tokatlıoglu well in backrow but Bahar is always 1 step ahead but i like Büşra a lot i would like to see her this season in NT too.I would like to say something about Kübra Akman(Nilüfer Bel. 17y-194cm)She has a big talent and she blocked and attacked with high percant against teams like Vakıfbank,Fenerbahce and Eczacı this season.She makes me suprised with her big talen.

Opposites:No worlds to Neslihan everything is very clear :lol: Other left handed opposite Seray is playing a effective season with Vakıfbank.She improved her technical abilities with Guidetti.She has very quick hands,fast and strong.I wish she will be in NT too.

Outside hitters:Neriman Özsoy.Great season in Polish league with Atom Trefl Sopot.They are going to take the polish cup and Neriman looks very effective in team.No doubt that she will continue this performance in NT too.She has strong spikes just need to improve her feint attacks i guess.About great captain :D Gözde Sonsırma.She was on bench previous season but now she does everything for Vakıfbank.Waiting same jobs in NT! And Esra Gümüş the real Captain of NT :lol: She is always effective in NT.I don't wanna see national team without her.Coz she is playing great in summers for NT.About Güldeniz Onal, she is smiliar very to Gözde Sonsırma.Great defender and reciever also she plays well in attack together with Nilay.She can be an option.

Setters:The most significant position for Turkey NT i guess.There are 3 options in my opinion.Nilay,Özge and Naz.Nilay is playing a great season.I really can't understand Guidetti sometimes that he doesn't start with Nilay all matches.I like Özge too but Nilay's performance is much better this season.In my opinion she is the fastest setter after Lobianco in Europe.About Özge she has strong hands and she is a better blocker than Nilay.Naz;i guess she is much better this season than previous year.Ze Roberto is giving big importance to her development.Nilay must be the first setter and other setter i really don't know.I wanna see Özge coz other teams don't know Özge and Nilay well like Naz.

Motta has to prepare this team well for a big success and we must join to friendly tournament especially with European teams.

PS:I can't ignore Micelli,Guidetti and Ze Roberto's effects to those players especially Guidetti.:thumbsup:

There is still time but i can predict our roster for ECH right now.Probably;

Setters:Nilay Özdemir,Özge Çemberci
    OHs :Neriman Özsoy,Gözde Sonsırma,Esra Gümüş,Güldeniz Önal(as 2nd libero)
    Opposites:Neslihan Darnel,Seray Altay
    MBs:Eda Erdem,Bahar Toksoy,Büşra Cansu
    Libero:Gizem Güreşen

13th and 14th players: Seda Tokatlıoğlu(OH-Opp.),Gökçen Zop (MB)

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• My roster:

Setters: Nilay, Ozge
    Libero: Gizem, Songül
    MB: Eda, Bahar Toksoy, ?
    OH: Neriman, Gözde, Esra, ?
    Opp: Neslihan, Seda

I don't know all Turkish players well, so I doubt about 2 positions...

General note: I think Turkish NT is currently stronger than ever before :teach:

• @ starnight, i soo agree with you, everything is allright, i have the same opinion, i guess, miucelli and guidetti did improve our two middle blockers, especially about busra. im very happy bout her. please motta, i dont wanna see deniz hakyemez, gökcen and no nihan on this roster. hopefully he will do a good decision. im looking forward to the european league. imo the real roster for the european championchis have to play alltogether from the beginning so that we have a good team spirit like vakifbank

• My roster:

Setters: Naz, Özge Çemberci or Nilay Benli
    Middles: Eda ,Bahar, Büşra Cansu
    OHs: Neriman, Gözde, Esra
    OPPs: Neslihan, Seda

Liberos: Gizem, ?

Let's hope that Gülden will recover faster :win: Gizem has a great shape but she still must learn many things from living legend Gülden in camps but injury :whistle:

• I really enjoy watching the Turkish NT and over the course of the years they definitely have gotten consistently better. However, I think they're lacking a strong attacking outside hitter. Neriman and Gözde are both good all-around players, but I don't think either is a big time attacker yet. Neriman is still young so we'll have to see how she develops in the future. Darnel is amazing at times, but Turkey can't expect to advance any further just riding her alone. It's a shame that Seda hasn't been able to adapt as an outside hitter because I think she has the athletic tools to be a very good wing-spiker. Are there any up-and-coming younger outside hitters?

• I really enjoy watching the Turkish NT and over the course of the years they definitely have gotten consistently better. However, I think they're lacking a strong attacking outside hitter. Neriman and Gözde are both good all-around players, but I don't think either is a big time attacker yet. Neriman is still young so we'll have to see how she develops in the future. Darnel is amazing at times, but Turkey can't expect to advance any further just riding her alone. It's a shame that Seda hasn't been able to adapt as an outside hitter because I think she has the athletic tools to be a very good wing-spiker. Are there any up-and-coming younger outside hitters?

besides gözde and neriman, we have esra, i think shes the best but im worried bout that position, coz there is a lack of players. we need new talents, mybe motta will bring someone from the junior team to gain experience. i also hope that all players will get a chance, because in earlier years only players were chosen to the nt who played for big clubs, though some of them shouldnt be chosen...im really looking forward to the european league, i hope that we will not do the same mistakes like the last two years to have two different national teams

I agree with you USAFAN that Seda musn't be try to adapt OH any more.It's sad that she must stay behind of Neslihan some years in NT but for her future,she must stay at opposite.Every year she is changing her position because of coaches benefits :down: Neriman can take many responsibilities like what Neslihan do in NT but she must improve her reception more.Gözde is a pretty attacker with fast setters but she can't play well with Naz i guess so the setter must be her twin Özge or Nilay.OH is the most significant position as you said for Turkey but Eczacıbaşı,Vakıfbank GSTT,Iller Bankası,Karşıyaka and Yeşılyurt have great youth academies most of A team players grew up from those academies i can write some talented young hitters,

My biggest hope is Fatma Yildirim (1990/A few years ago she was 1.78,currently how tall is she idk :lol: ) She is playing now in US College league (Playing for Florida state university,maybe you have heared him) I can't follow her now,she is abroad but i believe that she improved herself in USA :win: She is a bit short but jumps and spikes quite well also have nice reception and defence skills.She was the most significant player with Naz when Turkey youth team got silver medal in Youth WCH 3 years ago)

Other names;

Güldeniz Onal(Vakıfbank GSTT-1987-180) : She improved herself so much this season,her type is very close to Gözde.

Selime Ilyasoglu(1987-1.82-Nilufer Belediyesi) : She is the one of best attacker OHs in turkey in my opinion but she must improve her reception Motta can invite her for NT this summer i guess.

Ceren Kestirengöz(1993-192-Vakıfbank GSTT) :The most talented spiker of her generation.She must play opposite(There is a opposite lack in Junior NT i guess :lol: ) for Youth NT and awared best scorer in YECH-YWCH and currently she is playing for Junior NT still opposite :lol: but her real position is OH as far as i know and she is still playing OH in Vakıfbank GSTT.

Ezgi Dagdelenler(1993-185 ),Ezgi Arslan(1992-Galatasaray MP-181),Sibel Kızavul(1992-Eczacıbaşı-188 ) (Players who is playing for Junior NT) Damla Çakıroglu (Captain of Youth NT-1994-178 ) are Turkey's future for in this position.Marcos Motta is not only senior NT coach he is also Youth NT coach and it is a big luck for those players to improve themselves together with Motta :win:

Edited once, last by StarNight ().

• Thanks for such thorough updates!

• Ceren is playing as OPP and she is normally OPP originated player not OH ;)

• serdar

She is currently playing OH in Vakıfbank GSTT and i asked her this situation in facebook and she said that her real position is OH in club.Just there is a opposite neccesarity in youth NT and she plays opposite :drink:

• My roster should be like this.

Setters - Naz, Nilay
    OHs : Neriman, Esra, Gozde
    Opposites: Neslihan, Seda
    MBs: Eda, Bahar, Duygu, Busra
    Libero: Gulden, Gizem

Naz/Neslihan - Neriman/Esra - Eda/Bahar - Gizem(L)

• I really doubt about whether Duygu will be in the roster. she doesn't play in a high level club. Also her stats doesnot look so good. So our new Star candidate, Kubra Akman would be in roster. She is 17 years old and would play in youth NT.

And for starting six; receiving is really important for Motta, so i think he will use short spikers Gozde&Esra duo. Since we have a great opposite and good MBs and Naz, it would be enough to score with Neslihan and MBs like China style :win:

• Definitely the biggest problem for Turkish NT is OH position. Gozde seems to be number one in Turkey on this position. Neriman would be great however her receiving skills are disaster. I would rather take a risk and try Neslihan as OH and Seda/Neriman duo as opposite. I don't think that Turkey has such a great libero to cover half court. Turkish liberos are really good defeneders, but not realy best receivers. However this team has biggest potential ever with one of the best MBs in Europe now.

• I really doubt about whether Duygu will be in the roster. she doesn't play in a high level club. Also her stats doesnot look so good. So our new Star candidate, Kubra Akman would be in roster. She is 17 years old and would play in youth NT.

And for starting six; receiving is really important for Motta, so i think he will use short spikers Gozde&Esra duo. Since we have a great opposite and good MBs and Naz, it would be enough to score with Neslihan and MBs like China style :win:

I agree with that Eda is in fact one of the best Middle attackers in the world...but Bahar? ?( I already knew She is a quite good blocker, but I don't think her attacks are effective as much as Eda.

• I agree with that Eda is in fact one of the best Middle attackers in the world...but Bahar? ?( I already knew She is a quite good blocker, but I don't think her attacks are effective as much as Eda.

Eda is definitely best MB of Turkey but currently Bahar's playing better than Eda. And I don't think Bahar's a bad attacker. She was the most scorer of VGSTT in a few league matches and she generally has above 60% in attack. okay Turkish league is not the best but having 97% in attack or 20 points in 3 sets are not easy for a MB imo. :P

• Can we take a medal next European championship? (gold, silver, bronze) what is your opinion?

• Why no one says about Hanikoglu in Turkey NT? I think she is better to Esra

• right but she is a bit older to come back NT

• Why no one says about Hanikoglu in Turkey NT? I think she is better to Esra

no, i dont want her to comeback, she was good in times, but the NT needs young fresh blood to build a team for the future. With gözde, esra, gülden and gizem we should be able to receive and not fail