Malgorzata Glinka interview

• Interview of Glinka.I tried to translate it from turkish.Enjoy:drink:

You will play your first match against FBA in F4.What do you expect for this match?

The first and hardest match for us.I know that FBA fans will come and it will create a disadvantage for us.Fenerbahce Acıbadem is a good team they had a diffrent roster in league and now they will use all of their foreign players,we have 3 foreigns.It looks that they have an advantage in this side but it is not significant for me.Crucial thing is team power.We are strong too.We will come to play a good game and we won't let them win.We will try to force the game.I am looking for this match like a final.We had to play in final coz i didn't follow.Pesaro and Bakü teams so well but currently turkish league is the best league in europe therefore i see this match like a final

Fenerbahçe Acıbadem didn't use their 5 foreigns in league.Is it an advantage or disadvantage?

It has pluses and minuses but their all foreigns are experienced players.All of them have international experiences.We have reached toF4 very hard.It was important for us therefore we gained a team spirit.I respect to my opponents coz they are worldwide players so i don't know is it a advantage or disadvantage.

When we look from outside,there is a friendly atmosphere in team.Everyone is smiling.How did it happen?

First of all we are compatible as characters.Not only players also managment is very compatible.It reverberates to team easily.

Actually noone expected this result.Did you expect it?

Yes.I was waiting this result.First time i play in turkey,i didn't know how turkey league was,the biggest reason was Guidetti.We worked with him together in Italy,i like his working system and character therefore i came to play here.When i look all of those factors,i expected this result.It is only a start,i am waiting bigger successes.

You said that Guidetti was a big factor to play in Vakıfbank and his contract has been extended.Will you stay for next season too?

Now i am thinking this season only.So that we have many targets.I didn't plan next season yet.

Was it hard to turn back volleyball after birth?

I got pregnant when i was 30.I just prepared slowly for this.After my child,volleyball became to second plan in my life,i like volleyball so much but my baby is always in foreground.I have just tried myself in world championship and i was successful.After birth i just did 8 months physical training and this period was really hard for me after that i started to do ball trainings and played in world championship.I can say that when i see my child i move away from stress.

How do you find your performance this season?

After my birth,to turn volleyball back was a test for me.I passed this test but i always want to do better things,it is about my character.My career will finish and my goal is retire my career in best position.I wanna leave good memories.

You said that you came to turkey first time.Did you have chances to visit?

My husband is working in Poland,he comes to turkey sometimes.My mother and my baby sitter are here.I didn't find chances to visit.Our match tempo is very intensive.Because of my daugther,we can't go anywhere.In my free times, i prepare to go seaside with my child but after end of the season i will 7-10 days to myself to visit Istanbul :)

Your citizen Skowronska is play for Fenerbahçe Acıbadem.Did you find chance to meet with her?

It is too hard for meeting.She is busy and i am busy too.When i find free times i just care with my child.

Well, in semi-final game you will play against your national team friend.How a feel is it to play against Skowronska?

I don't consider during match who is playing against me.A polish or an american?I just see them rival in match and looking professional.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

Edited once, last by StarNight ().

• StarNight, thank you soooo much for translation !! :rose:

I am looking for this match like a final.We had to play in final coz i didn't follow.Pesaro and Bakü teams so well but currently turkish league is the best league in europe therefore i see this match like a final

She's absolutely right, this match is a kind of final. It's very important

Now i am thinking this season only.So that we have many targets.I didn't plan next season yet.

I hope she'll stay in Vakifbank, that would be great. This season Vakifbank has amazing team spirit, I can't say the same about last season, this time they'rereally great and united team.

and btw. I love to read Glinka's interview, she's so natural and kind person :)

• StarNight thank you very very veeery much! :flower:
    Very nice interview. Maggie Glinka is really great! I love her both as a volleyball player and as a person. :heart: