Libero types in world.Let's discuss

• I think there 2 two type liberos in world,there was a common idea that liberos must be always short but in modern volleyball we see that liberos can be tall as hitters now and most OH started turn to play libero.

Cardullo type liberos (Short liberos,they have good reflexs and better defenders):

Examples: Sano,Fabi,Croce,Winjhoven,Krychkova,Gülden,Esther Lopez,Arcangelli

Biggest talents: Merlo,Castillo,Xian Zhang,Rosic,Popovic,Pannoy

Sykora type liberos (Mostly they are tall liberos who has strong physics and bodies(Most of them turned from OH :lol: ),they are better diggers than short ones,and they prefer make defence with fingers):

Examples: Davis,Tzscherlich,Zhang Na,Korotenko,Zenik,Van Tienen,Isabella Zilio,Fomina

Biggest talents:Guresen,Siressi,Sawicka,De Gennaro

I think it is a nice topic for discuss.What you guys think about it?Which libero type you prefer? Which legends and talents you like now?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

Edited 2 times, last by StarNight ().

• I think in modern volleyball liberos are really important because float serves could be really effective if the player can do that well..For me better receiver liberos are better choice if we think the serves.If I were a coach I would prefer better receiver libero than better digger libero..Also I don't think that the physics effects the libero, a tall libero can be great defender(Tschrlich,Sykora).. :super:

• interesting thread ! :D

It's difficult for me to say which ibero type I prefer, I've got favourite liberos from both types. Btw I like the definition "Cardullo type", "Sykora type" :lol: :thumbsup:
    IMO it's not true that only short liberos have good reflex, an example is... Gizem, she's "Sykora type" but she's fast and very good defender insted of her height.
    My favourties definitely are:
    Cardullo type - Cardullo :lol: , Croce and Merlo like you said she has big talent and I'm sure she'll be one of the best, she already is but can be even better ! Those liberos are also good recivers.
    Sykora type - definitely Gizem and our Polish diamond Sawicka, they're both great defenders :drink:

• i would also separate liberos as cardullo and sykora types, but nit the way you did. Actually it is more llogical to devide liberos according to their speciality at receiving and digging.

We have some liberos who are great at receiving such as Cardulllo, Kryuchkova, Gulden

and Great Diggers: Sykora, Sano, Tzscherlich, Fabi, Nihan and Gizem. :whistle: