Croatia NT 2011

• Yeah, Poljak is questionable (like Rainmaker said) for European league because of the obligation in college, but not for EC

thank God ! :obey:

• i ' dont know whats with Ikic, she was good player but now she plays terrible in poland league, there are many better players even in the croatian league...

• so let's dream... Starting six for European Championships:

S: Grbac
    MB: Poljak, Milos
    OH: Osmokrovic, Usic
    O: Barun
    L: Bares

Really strong team but they have strong opponents too.... ITA, TUR, AZE

• i think that Kirilova will change libero...

• In fact libero can be weakest point of this team. There are any interesting players on this position in Croatia ? Maybe Ikic ? I know that she played as libero in NT...

• I just read that Kirilova sent plan and program for the upcoming competitions to the players and no one refused to play for NT, not even Osmokrovic (she said that she will think about it).
    Kirilova sees Nati as a possible reinforcement for EC

I hope she will accept. :drink:

• In fact libero can be weakest point of this team. There are any interesting players on this position in Croatia ? Maybe Ikic ? I know that she played as libero in NT...

Ikic is good in reception, but very bad in attack, i think that Kirilova will try Lucija Cigic and Ana Starcevic, maybe Miletic.

• Jerkov scored 37 points in the last match in the korean legue, hope she will play in NT...

• I think Alajbeg should be the first option for opposite not Barun coz she is playing together with Grbac in Zürich,their harmony are quite well :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I think I agree with StarNight, Alajbeg is really great, Barun of course too but Jelena has very strong attack and also serve.

• I just read that Kirilova sent plan and program for the upcoming competitions to the players and no one refused to play for NT, not even Osmokrovic (she said that she will think about it).
    Kirilova sees Nati as a possible reinforcement for EC

Wow! This's really great news! :D I hope that all the girls will play. I believe that Irina will help a lot of Croatia NT. And I hope that they finally will have achieve success because they really deserve it.
    Of course I hope that Irina will convince both Maja and Mia!

• The real question is even if they get their top players to come back is the coaching change and the short time period enough to make them gel as a team? Croatia has some fantastic players individually, but as a team they haven't shown much. Usic, Grbac, Poljak, Jerkov, and Milos all played at the WCH this year and as a team they didn't play very wel at all. Hopefully, Kirilova can turn things around.

• I don't think that anyone expects miracles (results right here right now), but if we get best available players and normal conditions for training and some serious work the results will come.
    About WCH - the NT came in Japan two days before first match, practically no time to adjust on time difference so it must have affected on girls and they play

• Croatia started NT gathering in Porec with just 6 players : Sanja Popovic, Ana Grbac, Paola Dosen, Cecilija Dujic, Simona Usic and Martina Malevic.
    afther 18.5. they are going to France on a tournament together with France, Israel and Romania.
    I think that Mia Jerkov won't play for NT anymore :(

• Croatia started NT gathering in Porec with just 6 players : Sanja Popovic, Ana Grbac, Paola Dosen, Cecilija Dujic, Simona Usic and Martina Malevic.
    afther 18.5. they are going to France on a tournament together with France, Israel and Romania.

There are no news about the others that will make part of the trainings with NT this year?

waiting for more players but...Mia ;(

Dosen is libero right ?

• I have some news... :)
    Irina said that her husband Giovanni Caprara won't be head coach of Greece because he want's to be with her and their daughter in Poreč.
    She also said that she will give chance to younger players, older players who are playing in the clubs right now will come in Poreč after they finnish cmampionships.
    All players she invited will come except Lucija Cigic because she is injured. Hana Cutura and Biljana Gligorovic will come too. She belives that Nati will be with us for the one big competition.

And yes, Dosen and Malevic are liberos.