Interview Kim Glass: I want to stay in Azerbaijan

• To be honest she is not that best and IMO was the weakest link of Rabita. So it would be ok if she still plays in Azerbaijan, but not in Rabita. This team needs perfect-receiving OH like Piccinini or Milena Rosner. Then their play could be more effective and nicer to watch.

• OK, I can understand Piccinini but Rosner??? Lets be serious, player like Rosner Rabita had this season (Marina Miletic), good in receiving and everything stops there.

• OK, I can understand Piccinini but Rosner??? Lets be serious, player like Rosner Rabita had this season (Marina Miletic), good in receiving and everything stops there.

Vaio, I am totally agree with you. And Jaco with you too about super receiver need- but Rabita needs Osmokrovic, Picci, Costagrande,Baranska. Not Rosner for sure.

• I think Rosner would be fine;) however have no idea, what she can play now. I thought about someone like second libero

Vaio, I am totally agree with you. And Jaco with you too about super receiver need- but Rabita needs Osmokrovic, Picci, Costagrande,Baranska. Not Rosner for sure.

• Ilgar, Baranska??? hardly that she is better than Kim in receiving. It seams that all of you forget Kim and Olympic games in Beijing, she was in first 6 of US national team who were 2nd.
    I tell you one thing, if she had better coach this year, she will be one of the best players in this edition of Champions league. That is what Rabita needs, better coach.

• Ilgar, Baranska??? hardly that she is better than Kim in receiving. It seams that all of you forget Kim and Olympic games in Beijing, she was in first 6 of US national team who were 2nd.
    I tell you one thing, if she had better coach this year, she will be one of the best players in this edition of Champions league. That is what Rabita needs, better coach.

No,Baranska is a bit better than her in reception,but I know Kim has alot of potential and really she could be one of the best. Of course her being Olympic finalist - I never forget, she is the one who did her best to make Rabita to the final! Kim Glass is one of my favourite players,but I think not for Rabita`s starting six. If there were a receivng diogonal player then they definetly could be Champions.

• @Vaio

Noone can teach defence to Mammadova,Glass and Starovic triple,coz they are not complete players only attackers.Therefore the problem is not coach,just team chemistry :win:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

@Vaio

Noone can teach defence to Mammadova,Glass and Starovic triple,coz they are not complete players only attackers.Therefore the problem is not coach,just team chemistry :win:

I`d say Mammadova and Starovic has quite good defence, especially looking at their height. And with good coach every player can grow. It is never late to learn. look at nikolic and her reception. She was waful but now she is great!

• Yes, for me saying that reception is something what you can really hardly correct is really nonsense and it takes all sense out from training volleyball. Kim Glass has been really great player and still has potential, but it starts to be too many players with terrible reception and only well attack. Something is wrong with training system. And I am not saying about Rabita only, but it is rather typical for other countries too.

I`d say Mammadova and Starovic has quite good defence, especially looking at their height. And with good coach every player can grow. It is never late to learn. look at nikolic and her reception. She was waful but now she is great!

Nikolic plays really different in Vakıfbank if we compare to NT..She plays like a libero in the back row and defences really well(Just watch the final 4 and other Turkish league matches :D ).Also Glinka played really good at back-row defencing(I have never watched her while she was defencing so much :D ) :super:

• I think Nikolic played really well in all aspects of the game, not just reception. I doubt she can keep that level up, but who knows, perhaps she's still developing as a player.

I think the recent reception issues have a lot to do with the new ball as well. During training I can be receiving just fine, until someone grabs one of the new balls.... it floats a lot more.

• @Vaio

here we go again,nobody needs to teach 3 of them nothing, specially Mammadova and Glass. Problem was not in they abilities to receive ball, problem was that coach didn't make Rabita a team, on other side when you all mentioned VGST, coach did that. You have players in Rabita who didn't know in some moments what to do and that is only mistake of coach not players.
    Look what happened when coach against Pesaro took Mammadova out, do you remember result in second set??? I still believe that Rabita could won Champions league with better tactic and instead Starovic that they play with Tocko on position 2 with receiving and Mammadova position 4 without passing. That team will not have problems with receiving and Tocko is nothing weaker in attack than Starovic, so in attack will be same.

I'm just saying that you are confusing some things, and that most of you including me together with you giving opinion about players how we feel about that players, we are not objective at all.

• here we go again,nobody needs to teach 3 of them nothing, specially Mammadova and Glass. Problem was not in they abilities to receive ball, problem was that coach didn't make Rabita a team, on other side when you all mentioned VGST, coach did that. You have players in Rabita who didn't know in some moments what to do and that is only mistake of coach not players.
    Look what happened when coach against Pesaro took Mammadova out, do you remember result in second set??? I still believe that Rabita could won Champions league with better tactic and instead Starovic that they play with Tocko on position 2 with receiving and Mammadova position 4 without passing. That team will not have problems with receiving and Tocko is nothing weaker in attack than Starovic, so in attack will be same.

I'm just saying that you are confusing some things, and that most of you including me together with you giving opinion about players how we feel about that players, we are not objective at all.

Vaio, to tell the truth this starting six you wrote above was my ideal at the beginning of the seasona nd I had even sent it to the coach by facebook ;)
    And I also believed that Rabita could win the Champions league with better tactics. I think Rabita was the best attacking team of this Champions league with Eczacibashi.

But anyway I am not sad because the girls wrote history and finished as the second Best team of Europe- it is fact! And these all happened in the first year and with Wild Card!!!

So,I hope we will do much better in next years! And thanks to you for your big support! There are not a lot of people who supports Azeri clubs and very many people who are jealous for that. But I wish this success to the all countries.to all fans. It gives so much honour!