Germany NT 2011

• Being MVP for VCO Berlin probably does not mean much ;) but I agree that it would be good for Quade to at least train with Senior NT.
    I don't miss Radzuweit, I never liked her a lot and I think all MBs in the roster are better than her.

• So, being MVP only means something when the player is on a good team?

I guess, it´s much harder to be voted MVP several times when you play on a bad team, than it is on a good team. I mean, Quade was voted 8 times on road games, and they sure didn´t vote her for nothing.
    It sure ain´t easy goin´ into a match knowin´, that you´re probably gonna lose it, but still keep yourself motivated and give it your best shot. So this really is a validation of her performance.

As for Radzuweit, well, i ain´t a fan of her either, i just wondered why she ain´t on the roster.

• I didn't mean to say that Quade is bad, but being MVP of a bad team surely isn't the same as being MVP of a good team. There MUST be a MVP for every team in every match, so I think quite often for the losing team the MVP could as well be the player who played least bad (not only for VCO). But anyway I agree she certainly is among the few good players of that Junior team.

• Guidetti announced the 24 players invited to NT this summer. The team will meet for the first week of training on 30 May and after that goes to Montreux, after the week he will decide with which players he will make preparation for Grand Prix. The only new players are Claudia Steger, OH from Suhl, and Pia Walkenhorst, OH/Opp from Dresden and Junior NT, but she had a shoulder surgery some months ago and didn't play since then, so I don't understand why she is in NT now...

Setters: Kathleen Weiß, Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers, Mareen Apitz
    Opposites: Margareta Kozuch, Saskia Hippe
    Outside Hitters: Heike Beier, Maren Brinker, Anne Matthes, Sarah Petrausch, Pia-Sabrina Walkenhorst, Claudia Steger, Patricia Grohmann, Regina Burchardt
    Middle Blockers: Christiane Fürst, Corina Ssuschke, Nadja Schaus, Berit Kauffeldt, Anja Brandt, Kathy Radzuweit
    Liberos: Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr, Janine Völker, Lisa Thomsen

EDIT: Regina Burchardt has been added to the team as well...

• Lenka Dürr and Sarah Petrausch take some time off and will join the team in July. Petrausch needs a little surgery and Dürr had a lot of stress in school recently as she completed her A-level exams this year. This means Lisa Thomsen will be the only libero in Montreux team probably.

• thanks for info..

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Former head coach of German NT Hee Wan Lee (1999-2005) died yesterday after a serious illness. He leaves a wife and two adult children.
    :(
    http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…ne/755/4285/20029_EN.html
    http://www.fivb.org/viewHeadlines.asp?No=28674&Language=en

God, bless him...I'm so sorry to hear that. ;(

• Today starts NT training with 21 players:

Heike Beier (Piacenza/ITA), Christiane Fürst (Istanbul/TUR), Kathleen Weiß (Baku/AZE), Anne Matthes (Matera/ITA), Corina Ssuschke (Prostejov/CZE), Margareta Kozuch (Odintsovo/RUS), Lisa Thomsen, Nadja Schaus, Berit Kauffeldt, Anja Brandt (Schweriner SC), Lenka Dürr, Lena Möllers (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg), Pia-Sabrina Walkenhorst, Kerstin Tzscherlich, Saskia Hippe, Friederike Thieme (Dresdner SC), Patricia Grohmann (SC Potsdam), Regina Burchardt (1. VC Wiesbaden), Kathy Radzuweit (VT Aurubis Hamburg), Claudia Steger (VfB Suhl), Maren Brinker (Smart Allianz Stuttgart)

Denise Hanke has some exams and will join the team probably tomorrow or later this week, Mareen Apitz also has exams and will join in July. Sarah Petrausch is recovering from an injury and Janine Völker quit playing volleyball.
    Nice to see that Friederike Thieme was also invited eventually, she played very well in the end of the season for Dresden.

• Guidetti's comments on the performance in Montreux:
    The level of the team was better than expected after just one week of training and not far away from the level that the team played in WCH 2010. The players did not show their best individual performance yet, but many of them have grown as persons, have become more experienced and mature. The problems in attack will get better when the team has more practice and better physical conditions.
    About the players: Regina Burchardt showed that she wants to stay in the team, Friederike Thieme can contribute a lot in reception and defense, Nadja Schaus has improved a lot, Maren Brinker lost her fear of playing reception and defense. Lenka Dürr and Lena Möllers played a good tournament. Kozuch, Weiß, Fürst and Beier as always were the core of the team with good attitude and team spirit. Saskia Hippe performed better in trainings than in matches.
    He also says his assistant coaches can help him even more now after they all worked as head coach in a club team last season.

• So, being MVP only means something when the player is on a good team?

I guess, it´s much harder to be voted MVP several times when you play on a bad team, than it is on a good team. I mean, Quade was voted 8 times on road games, and they sure didn´t vote her for nothing.
    It sure ain´t easy goin´ into a match knowin´, that you´re probably gonna lose it, but still keep yourself motivated and give it your best shot. So this really is a validation of her performance.

As for Radzuweit, well, i ain´t a fan of her either, i just wondered why she ain´t on the roster.

Do you play volleyball yourself?? Playing well yourself is often mroe important to players than actually winnign or losing, so I doubt that motivation is a problem.

• Do you play volleyball yourself?? Playing well yourself is often mroe important to players than actually winnign or losing, so I doubt that motivation is a problem.

No, i ain´t playin´, but i´ve talked to players about that before. Of course, playin´ well yourself is important, ´cause if you do, you can actually motivate the others on your team to also play well.
    On the other hand, there are players that wanna play good/look good themselves, but do not care about the team. Like, hey who cares if we lost, i was the best.

As for winning and losing, noone wants to lose. You play, ´cause you wanna win. If you don´t have that will to win, there ain´t no need for you to play. Sure, you´re gonna lose matches, but you analyze the match and next time you try to be better.

It sure shouldn´t be no problem to motivate yourself, but the question is, is it always that easy to motivate yourself? You don´t feel the same every day, you have your ups and downs. No matter who your opponent is, no matter what happened before the game, sometimes it´s easier to be motivated, sometimes it´s not.

• No, i ain´t playin´, but i´ve talked to players about that before. Of course, playin´ well yourself is important, ´cause if you do, you can actually motivate the others on your team to also play well.
    On the other hand, there are players that wanna play good/look good themselves, but do not care about the team. Like, hey who cares if we lost, i was the best.

As for winning and losing, noone wants to lose. You play, ´cause you wanna win. If you don´t have that will to win, there ain´t no need for you to play. Sure, you´re gonna lose matches, but you analyze the match and next time you try to be better.

It sure shouldn´t be no problem to motivate yourself, but the question is, is it always that easy to motivate yourself? You don´t feel the same every day, you have your ups and downs. No matter who your opponent is, no matter what happened before the game, sometimes it´s easier to be motivated, sometimes it´s not.

Nice description I agree. For me; when I play bad, whether I like it or not; it hurts.. and it is hard not to continuously think about/strive towards become 'good' again..