Russian stars join special action to support Natalya Safronova

• Players of three Russian clubs recently decided to join a special action promoted by the agency “Universum” in order to help – financially but not only – their friend Natalya Safronova, the member of Russia’s national team who suffered a stroke in December 2009 and is still gradually recovering after undergoing special treatments first in Germany and then in Moscow. The action is set to start this Friday, April 29, in combination with the semifinals of the Russian Superleague.

Natalya Safronova, a former headliner of the Russian national team as well as of Dinamo MOSCOW, lost consciousness during a training session in December 2009 and after she fell into a coma, the doctors diagnosed a brain hemorrhage that was initially treated in Cologne and then in Moscow. After leaving a specialized clinic located in Russia’s capital city, Natalya is at home, pursuing her way to full recovery.
    The players of three teams competing in the semifinals of the 2010/2011 Russian national league have decided to join an action which is meant to draw additional attention from the fans and media and to provide financial assistance to their unlucky friend. According to the rules worked out for this campaign, the players, regardless of their roles (middle blockers, wing-spikers or opposites), will contribute 10 US$ for every single point they score in the upcoming games. As for the liberos, they will also donate 10 US$ for every single reception which is registered as “excellent” in the official stats of the matches. The performance of the setter, and therefore her financial contribution, will be determined by evaluating the efficiency of the attackers included in her team. Detailed stats will be able on the Internet at http://play-off.usmanagement.ru
    Mr. Egor Nozdrin, General Director of Universum, says: “In our opinion there shall be more actions that are specifically conceived to help Natalya. With this project we want to be actively involved in supporting her recovery and I hope that we can achieve even more than we expect. I want to express my gratitude to all players who have accepted to join this initiative”.

The action is being joined by: Tatyana Kosheleva, Ekaterina Gamova, Maria Borodakova, Ekaterina Kabeshova, Regina Moroz (Dinamo KAZAN); Evgeniya Startseva, Elena Konstantinova, Olga Bukreeva, Natalya Rogacheva and Elena Ezhova (Dinamo KRASNODAR); Maria Perepelkina (Dinamo MOSCOW).

Excerpt from CEV.lu
    Russia Volley

Nice! :rose:

• I wish even more players would participate...and it is strange that Uralochka doesn't participate, Safronova played there a long time :|

I agree. Although Dinamo Moscow helped her it seems more like "2 clubs + Perepelkina". How come Dinamo Moscow has only 1 player joining?

• Don't get me wrong but I still can not understand how come a player like Safranova who played for NT several times and had been a very important player for Dinamo Moscow, does not receive sufficient financal support by the ministery of sports of Russia, other sports organisations of the country, the club and the federation. I really appreciate what some players and teams are doing to support her financally. But a big and rich country like Russia and the people responsible for sports in the contry should have supoorted a player who served so long for Russian sport financally.