Serbia NT 2011

• and Marinkovic also out...I thought Terzic loved her..hehehehe

I really dont understand why Marinkovic wanted to take serbian nacionality, why not play for Croatia? She would have more space, and see now Croatia can have a good team....and she could actually make part of it.

But in other hand maybe her motivations were others.....so I cant tell......but in volleyball matter, I think she would do better staying as croatian..hehehehe

Well, she's a Serb and considers Serbia as her homeland, that's what she said herself.

I thought it was perhaps an error, but no, Vesna is really back. :what: She probably wants to play in front of her home crowd at EC, so she came back to the NT.
    I don't know what to think, she was my favourite NT player, but it's not like we need a reinforcement on MB position, and she barely played last season, so... We'll see.

• Well, she's a Serb and considers Serbia as her homeland, that's what she said herself.

I thought it was perhaps an error, but no, Vesna is really back. :what: She probably wants to play in front of her home crowd at EC, so she came back to the NT.
    I don't know what to think, she was my favourite NT player, but it's not like we need a reinforcement on MB position, and she barely played last season, so... We'll see.

Thanks for explaining... :flower:

• What's wrong with Nikolic? Can someone transalte the article from voleybolmagazin.com ? :)

• What's wrong with Nikolic? Can someone transalte the article from voleybolmagazin.com ? :)

She had an operation from her achilles tendon. The operation went really good and Jelena is ok now.. She will probaly play in ECH. :rose:

I hope she will be healty as soon as possible :rose:

• well, I really cant get it Serbia Federation..they are lucky Serbia has many good talented players, that are being able to keep the team playing in high level, dispite everything.

• The comeback of Vesna Citakovic ended before it even started. She left the team because of disagreements with Terzic.

This is becoming a joke. :roll:

again same story here, Citakovic came out and said I go because Terzic, did Terzic said anything about it???

I believe that reason why she left is something else, but she needs to blame someone and its easiest to blame coach, any way everybody is blaming him, why not her also!

Serbia has decent team, but is far away from best team on the world! They don't have one player who is dominant on position that is playing, and without that there is no way that they can make good result!

• Last week Vesna Djurisic joined her new club from Muszyna and there she's preparing herself to new season. It's not her first time in Poland, She was there with Eczacıbaşı and she still remember beautiful winter, a lot of snow and fans who supported the team loudly.

mksmuszynianka.com

• Zoran Terzic talked about each of the girls individually. Of course, he mostly praised them, but he said some interesting things.

First he talked about Jelena Nikolic. He says that her injury was pretty serious and that perhaps it wasn't realistic that she would recover in time to play ECh. But she was very motivated to play and she worked extremely hard and even trained when the rest of the girls had a day off. According to him, she's a backbone of the team and a kind of player you can't give up on even when she'd going through difficult times. He also says that she's a great person and a "big child" who doesn't take some things seriously enough, but everyone knows she only has good intentions, so they all forgive her when she messes up.

He says that Maja Ognjenovic matured a lot over the last year and became more stable. He agrees that she plays her best when she's on NT. He also has great faith in Ana Antonijevic and says that Serbia is lucky to have two such good setters, even though sometimes it's a shame that both of them can't play. He is sure that Ana will have her place on NT for a long time.

Milena Rasic didn't surprise him with her excellent performances. He is convinced that she will be one of the best MBs in the world for a long time.

According to him, Natasa Krsmanovic is one of the most consistent players on NT and someone you can count on to play well, but she lacks motivation. If she worked harder, she could be an even better player.

Jovana Brakocevic has the biggest heart, but unfortunately not a body to go along with it. If she didn't have those physical limitations she could be an even better player, although she is already great as it is.

Brizitka Molnar surprised him. He thinks she finally got over her doubts and insecurities. Before she would get really hard on herself when she made an error, become upset and could not manage to get over it. Now she managed to leave it behind her and she did a great job at ECh.

He thinks that Sanja Malagurski is a great potential and has all it takes to become an excellent player. She had a very difficult task to come in and take over on both OH and OPP positions and she did it very well.

Although Tijana Malesevic didn't play much, she is important for the team because she contributes a lot to the atmosphere. She is always positive, cheerful, constantly smiling and singing and doesn't complain about anything. He believes she will have an important place on the team in the future.

• thanks for posting Joana ! :drink:

Thanks, interesting to read...but do the liberos, Vesovic and Ninkovic not deserve to be mentioned?? ?(

You're welcome!

And yes, he did talk about them, but I forgot to write it down because I was in a hurry. :gone:

He says that both liberos are more or less on the same level, so it was very difficult to choose which one will get to play. In the end he concluded that Suzana contribute just a tiny bit more, so she played most matches on ECh, but both did a very good job.

Vesovic got injured during the preparations, so she couldn't play full time. Her job was to focus on reception and she did it well whenever it was necessary.

He speaks very highly of Ninkovic and says that she's both a good player and a fantastic person with a great character, and as such is very important for the team.

• Zoran Terzic talked about each of the girls individually. Of course, he mostly praised them, but he said some interesting things.

He says that Maja Ognjenovic matured a lot over the last year and became more stable. He agrees that she plays her best when she's on NT. He also has great faith in Ana Antonijevic and says that Serbia is lucky to have two such good setters, even though sometimes it's a shame that both of them can't play. He is sure that Ana will have her place on NT for a long time.

Wow, everything he said seems spot on. But I must say I was really glad to read this. Antonijevic is a really fantastic setter and by far the best #2 setter on any team.

• Serbia Roster for World Cup 2011

Why not Ognjenovic and Nikolic????????????

• Look at the discussion in the World Cup thread. In short, they claim they are too tired to play.

I believe Nikolic may in fact be tired, she hasn't even fully recovered from her injury. As for Maja, I believe she wants to be with her boyfriend. :whistle:

• Stefana Veljkovic had a very difficult time this summer. She had problems with her heart and lost a lot of weight. I didn't know it was so serious!
    But it's behind her now. She's still taking medications, but she's fit again and eager to play. Welcome back, Stefana! :rose: