BREAKING: Selinger immediately EXIT Dutch-NT-headcoach !!!

• I don't think it's all that shocking. A coach is paid to produce results and as of late he hasn't been able to do that. Not saying it's completely his fault but coaches tend to take the fall. I think it's a positive for the team. They need someone to come in and shake things up. I don't think the Dutch are as technically sound as they could be, hopefully a new coach can change that.

• Sader can you translate what Kim Stalens says? :rose:

http://www.nusport.nl/volleyba…ben-volledig-verrast.html

and what means ''Ik heb nu tijd nodig om dit tot met door te laten dringen'' tha google translate didnt make much sence to me..hehehehehe I just understand the I (ik) hehehe

Manon: I need now time to realise what happened.

Kim Staelens:

Ook Kim Staelens werd donderdag volledig verrast door de mededeling dat Avital Selinger is vertrokken als bondscoach van de Nederlandse volleybalsters.

''Ik schrik hiervan. Dit had ik totaal niet verwacht'', aldus de spelverdeelster. ''Dit komt voor mij echt als donderslag bij heldere hemel.''

Voor Staelens hoefde Selinger ook helemaal niet weg. ''Dat is tijdens het EK ook helemaal niet aan de orde geweest bij ons. Ik weet het fijne er niet van, maar in november hebben we een toernooi. Ik vind het vreemd om dan ineens iemand anders voor de groep te zetten.''

Also Kim Staelens was surprised totally by the announcement of Avital Selinger's leaving, as headcoach of Dutch NT.

' I feel shocked. I didn't expect it at all', says the setter. 'This is like thunder in clear blue sky '.

In Staelens' opinion, it was not necessary at all Selinger to leave. ' We didn't talk about that at all during the ECH. I don't know the detaills, but we will play a tournament in November. In my opinion it is strange to go there with a new coach.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Volgens Staelens is er geen overleg geweest met de spelersgroep over het wel of niet aanblijven van de bondscoach. ''Naar omstandigheden hebben we het op het EK goed gedaan. Ik begrijp daarom niet waarom gelijk deze beslissing is genomen. Ik weet niet wat er achter zit.''

Wellicht dat de speelsters zich nog gaan proberen te verzetten tegen het vertrek van hun coach. ''Dat zullen we moeten bespreken. Dat zal de komende dagen duidelijk worden.''

According to Staelens, there has been no talks with the players about Selinger's position (stay/leave). ' Considering the circumstances, we did well at ECH. That's why I don't understand this decision (to dismiss Selinger). I don't know what's behind. '

Possibly, the players will try to resist against the departure of their coach. 'We have to discuss that. During the next days, we will decide about it. "

• You leave Selinger. Look in the sky- New Coach wants to work with You.

Look in the sky. Who is it-
    It's Superman? NO
    It's Batman? NO
    It's Baltic!

• Thank u dear! :flower:

I keep what I said before, it is not about letting him go or not, of course, maybe the results were not there, and maybe he should go at some time, but the time was definetly not now!!!!!!!!!! :down: Im afraid of what will happen tih dutch team in these next months...:(

• Thank u dear! :flower:

I keep what I said before, it is not about letting him go or not, of course, maybe the results were not there, and maybe he should go at some time, but the time was definetly not now!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: Im afraid of what will happen tih dutch team in these next months...:(

Totally agree, Joana. Like I already told you, it seems to me: this decision has been taken by Bert Goedkoop himself. without talking/communicating with others.. :thumbdown:

• And to talk the truth, I think the ECH was the first time I saw Holland playing well in a long time, maybe since 2009 final! Debby Stam got back playing well and everything, and considering all the injuried girls, I mean, I must agree with Kim Staelens, change now is weird!

Unfortunetly Holland had to face Italy in an elimination round in the only game the italians actually played their best in the tournament! Im mean not very lucky.

• Both, Selinger and Goedkoop were on Dutch radio a few minutes ago...

Selinger was disappointed of course. He agreed about the bad results, but he still believed he could lead the team to the Olympics.

Goedkoop said it has been a very difficult day for him. Between the lines I noticed, he didn't want to kick Selinger out himself at this moment, but he was forced to do, under pressure of other people/powers around.

Goedkoop also said there is no Dutch headcoach available, capable :!: of doing the job. Though they will talk in next days with a few (Dutch) candidates.

If it is necessary Goedkoop himself will be the coach in Croatia.

• He says he was fired too early because his and the team's goal was Olympic Games 2012, so it was wrong to fire him before it's 100% sure that this goal is failed. He also says his mind will stay with the team and the players and he is not worried about his own future.

(Dutch users feel free to correct me, I write what Google Translater tells me ;) )

• absolutely. It was a ridiculous decision. so, Who will be the main coach of the NT? only 9 months left for the olympic games...what a shame.