• A few minutes ago, Bert Goedkoop gave a reaction to the draw...He said: 'this is the toughest draw possible --> Russia and Serbia, Worldchampion and European champion and also Poland is a very strong country '

About the new headcoach:

There are only a few candidates left...the federation is still talking with them and with a few experienced players of the NT (the players' opinion is important as well)

'We hope to announce the new headcoach in 2 or 3 weeks (so end of Januari, as I mentioned before).

Pool A: Turkey, Germany, Croatia, Bulgaria

Pool B: Russia, Serbia, Poland, The Netherlands

The Olympic Qualification Tournament will take place in Ankara, Turkey 1st-6th May 2012

• that are some tough teams to beat :super:

• UPDATE:

There are 4 candidates left: Gido Vermeulen and 3 foreign coaches.

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1021/Me…met-vier-kandidaten.dhtml

• Goodbye NED!SRB and RUS are really strong!

Manon Flier is not in her best shape!Hard for them to go to London!

• This is a post, just to mention there is no news yet about new headcoach... :lol: :D :rolll:

The Dutch Federation said they wanted to release the name of the new headcoach end of January/start of February :teach: :teach:

So, they should :!: release the name at last in next week :teach: If they don't, the Federation should get :hit: :hit: :D

• Ingrid still can't agree with the Federation''s decision to kick out Selinger..that's the reason for her retirement.

http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…d-visser-stopt-bij-oranje

According to the paper 'De Telegraaf' Gido Vermeulen likely will be presented soon as the new headcoach (as expected).

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesp…egt_Oranje_vaarwel__.html

If there is a request, I will translate the press-release she sent today.

Well, of course Ingrid has been a great player for Dutch NT, and she will leave a gap certainly, but if she didn't retire now, she would do next year (since her age).

To be honest..It's almost impossible to win the OGQT in Ankara, so I hope also Blom, Huurman and C. Staelens to reitre. They have become uselss in my opinion.

I would use Ankara-tournament to gain experience for the new generation players together with some older ones (Flier, K. Staelens, Stam, van Tienen and Wensink).

EDIT: Thank you, Ingrid, for all you did for Dutch NT :obey: :flower: :teach:

• My roster for Ankara:

Setters: Kim Staelens, Femke Stoltenborg

Opp/OH Flier, Sloetjes, Pietersen, Buijs, Grothues, Stam

MB: Wensink, De Kruijf, Steenbergen

L: van Tienen

• Only 12?
    My roster:

Setter:K.Staelens\Stoltenborg

OH/OPP:Flier\Sloetjes\Buijs\Stam\Vergeer\Grothues

MB:Wensink\Kruijf\Steenbergen

L:Van Tenien

If headcoach can pick up 14 rosters

The other two should be Pietersen and Dijkema.

• Maybe it was easier for Visser to retire before olympic qualifications because she's a player who played at Olympic Games in her career. It may be hard decision for Huurman or C.Staelens who worked so many years to achieve that goal. Of course I know that it will be difficult for NED to win qualification tournament but...Here in Poland we say: Hope dies last :!:

• Sad to hear about Visser, cause she is still such great MB, but it is her decision, so we have to respect!

Thank u Ingrid for all ur work!

Now lets see how things go.

• Dear could you translate the letter Visser wrote please? :)

• Yes. I think only 12. Because in Croatia-tournament was also a 12-roster :teach: And in London OG, there will be also a 12-roster.

About Vergeer: It's an option, since she is a real (receiving) OH (Sloetjes and Pietersen are both non-receiving-players) and she does great in Dutch League, but it's 'just' Dutch League...I have no idea how she performs at international level. I read somewhere Selinger wanted to call her a few years ago, but she refused.

• At 30th January, I informed the Dutch Volleyball Federation about my retirement from the Dutch NT. After the resignation of Avital Selinger, I hesitated during a long time about continueing the project, of which he was the spiritual father.

The tournament in Croatia didn't decrease, even increased my doubt. Because of that, Í have no motivation anymore, so I can't be a valuable player for the team anymore. In the interest of myself and the team, I decided to finish my NT-career immediately.

I am grateful for having had the opportunity, during a period of more than 16 years, to build up a great volleyball-career, being part of the Dutch volleyball in general and the Dutch NT in particular.

I wish all the best to all people connected with the Dutch Women's Volleyball.

Ingrid Visser

• A few additional quotes (source: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesp…egt_Oranje_vaarwel__.html )

' I had some sleepless nights, thinking about my decision, because since 1994(!) I was a passionate and lucky member of Dutch NT.

Q: What if Dutch NT in Ankara would qualify for London OG 2012?

A: Of course I thought about that scenario. The Federation said: 'the door will always be open for you', but that seems not logically to me. If the team would qualify, that players should go to the Olympics. Not myself'.