Italian NT 2012

• I'm wondering What Barbollini thinks about his roster for London. Surely, Experienced players such as Lo bianco,Piccinini,Gioli will be included.

Let's make the strongest roster.

Setters : Lo bianco, Ferretti
    OPPs : Ortolani, Centoni
    OHs : Costagrande, Piccinini, Del core, L.Bosetti, C.Bosetti, Barcellini
    MBs : Gioli, Arrighetti, Guiggi, Anzanello, Crisanti
    Liberos : Cardullo, Croce, Sirressi

IMO, Costagrande is the real key of this team. She played just incredible at WCH 2011, If She plays like that in London...Italy could possibly achieve their dream.

About Setters...Leo's space is very obvious. There's no doubt. Anyhow Second setter should be Ferretti indeed. Rondon simply sucks and her sets seem more suit for Russian players, Not Italians. Bechis and Signorile are still young and unexperienced...so I'd choose Ferretti.

Opps...I don't really believe Ortolani, but Barbollini always adds her name on the roster, so...
    From what I saw, Centoni is playing well in Cannes, She still deserves to play in NT. I still think She is better than Ortolani. Who knows? Anything can happen. One thing obvious is Barbollini can't call Aguero back since Costagrande is in the team.

OHs...the maximum is 12 as far as I know, therefore at least 2 or 3 players will be cut from the roster. Costagrande,Piccinini,Del core,L.Bosetti obviously will be added.

MBs... Luckily Italy has lots of strong MBs. I still believe Gioli-Arrighetti duo seems extremely strong, and hopefully Martina makes it too.

Liberos...I really like Cardullo, but Croce played just incredibely well at WCH. hopefully both of them will be added.

• Barbolini said he will add to the list of the WC

[S: Lo Bianco, Signorile
    L: Croce, Sirressi, De Gennaro
    OH/OP Bosetti^2, Costagrande, Barcellini, Del Core
    MB: Gioli, Arrighetti, Anzanello, Folie]

only Barazza, Cardullo and Ortolani

so maybe the roster for the OG will be

S: Lo Bianco, Signorile
    L: Cardullo
    OH/OP Lucia Bosetti, Costagrande, Del Core, Ortolani
    MB: Gioli, Barazza, Arrighetti

And 2 players between Croce, Caterina Bosetti and Anzanello.

I want Ferretti, she is the second setter after Leo. Noemi isn't at her level, the team needs Francesca, Leo can't do it all alone!

Maybe Piccinini wont came back in the national team for the OG if Barbolini said he want add only Barazza, Ortolani and Cardullo.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I agree with you. Leo can't do all the things alone and honestly I don't really believe Signorile. Ferretti totally deserves to wear the Italian national team uniform!

• I agree with you. Leo can't do all the things alone and honestly I don't really believe Signorile. Ferretti totally deserves to wear the Italian national team uniform!

emil, is your mail box full, I cannot send you message? :what:

• emil, is your mail box full, I cannot send you message? :what:

My mail box doesn't work very well...What about trying it on Facebook? I'm sorry, but It's not my fault :aww: I'll give you a message on Facebook very soon!

• Nice roster emil, but don't you forget about Enrica Merlo?
    Most positions are storng, there is only one problem: Opposite.
    Serena Ortolani is so unstable last times and Centoni probably won't be in NT, last time she played in Beijing. Barbolini stubbornly tried playing with Gioli as OPP, but for me it's nonsense :aww: the best was solution in World Cup with L. Bosetti, Costagrande and Del Core in the same time on court, then another OPP isn't needed immediately.
    As setters the best players are definitely Lo Bianco & Ferretti, other are too unexperienced (Bechis, Signorile) or are too weak (Rondon :D).
    There are also many good OHs: Piccinini, Del Core, Costagrande and so on..., Barbolini has wide variety of choice, the same situation is on MB (Arrighetti, Barazza, Guiggi, Gioli, Anzanello...) and as libero, of course bests are Cardullo and Croce, but there is also Merlo, Siressi, De Gennaro.

Roster can look like this:
    L: Cardullo, Croce (Merlo, Siressi)
    S: Lo Bianco, Ferretti
    MB: Gioli, Arrighetti, Guiggi (Anzanello, Barazza)
    OH: Del Core, Piccinini, Costagrande, C. Bosetti (Barcellini)
    OPP: L. Bosetti, Ortolani

From Valeria's list team for OG should look like this
    L: Cardullo, Croce
    S: Lo Bianco, Signorile (for me too unexperienced)
    MB: Arrighetti, Gioli, Barazza
    OH: Costagrande, Del Core, C. Bosetti
    OP: Ortolani, L. Bosetti

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Merlo would be a lovely choice too, but Barbollini may not ignore Croce I suppose.

• In Italy we have a lot of very grat liberos... But Cardullo and Croce are the better.

Better than Merlo, Carocci, Sirressi, Leonardi, De Gennaro etc....

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Also a lot of talented setters.

Leo is one of the legends...no doubt. Ferretti,Dalia,Bechis,Pincerato,Signorile,Camera :thumbup:

• Also a lot of talented setters.

Leo is one of the legends...no doubt. Ferretti,Dalia,Bechis,Pincerato,Signorile,Camera :thumbup:

Camera will be our future but Ferretti is the best of the list you made (of course after Leo)

• Barbolini will give details of the new season 16 april! ;) I guess then we will know for sure the players that will make part of the year cicle.

http://www.federvolley.it/inde…erfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Yes... he will say the names of the players

• I want Guiggi and Ferretti in NT but I think Barbolini will never call them... :thumbdown:

• I am not a huge fan of Ferretti. I don't think she does anything substantially better than the other setters available in Italy and it's better to develop someone with potential for the future. Who do you think the third MB will be? Barazza came back from pregnancy and Anzanello has been playing well. Also what do you think the solution for the OPP position will be? Costagrande's performance at the World Cup shows that she is too valuable on the leftside to play on the right. Picci and Del Core aren't suited to play the position. Ortolani underwhelmed the entire season at Pesaro and while L. Bosetti did a great job as the OPP during the WC she was very up and down all season. If only Barbolini would invite Centoni I would feel much better about Italy's chances.

• Ferretti is of course better than Rondon, Signorile, Bechis, Camera, Serena, Pincerato and so on... I think the only middle blocker that have already a sure convocation in Gioli... The other will be between Guiggi, Arrighetti, Anzanello and Barazza. The 2 important problems of Italy NT are the second setter and the opposite. Let's see...

• I agree, Ferretti is much better than all the other setters...moreover in the Olimpics year I think that we mustn't risk and take a young talented girl..we must take a player that guarantees us good performances if Leo has problems: Ferretti..
    about the opposite...it's hard but I would trust Serena with Bosetti ready to enter...or I would do as in WC but with Piccinini instead of Del Core

• Arrighetti will assuredly make the team. When was the last time Ferretti played with the NT?

• In the europeans

• WGP 2012

Setters: Giulia Rondon (1987, Crema), Noemi Signorile (1990, Bergamo), Letizia Camera (1992, Novara).

Opposites: Serena Ortolani (1987, Pesaro), Valentina Diouf (1993, Bergamo), Valentina Zago (1990, Casalmaggiore).

Outside hitters: Francesca Piccinini (1979, Bergamo), Lucia Bosetti (1989, Villa Cortese), Caterina Bosetti (1994, Villa Cortese), Cristina Barcellini (1986, Novara), Alessia Gennari (1991, Pavia), Gilda Lombardo (1989, Busnago).

Middle blockers: Valentina Arrighetti (1985, Bergamo), Sara Anzanello (1980, Azerrail), Martina Guiggi (1984, Villa Cortese), Jenny Barazza (1981, Modena), Raphaela Folie (1991, Novara)

Liberos: Paola Croce (1978, Modena), Imma Sirressi (1990, Urbino), Monica De Gennaro (1987, Pesaro)

There aren't Lo Bianco, Del Core, Costagrande, Gioli, Cardullo. Barbolini want lost the Grand Prix. I like the MB, but not the setters :thumbdown: