Italian NT 2012

• I agree...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• president forgot something.....
    leo had her health problem,however,she played all the matches of World Champion 2010.
    Picci chose to refuse the World Cup 2011.
    It is not right or wrong between two choices,but themselves rights.
    In my opinion,leo could not use her own choice as a standard to appraise other players.however,that's why I like her because leo never say no to Italian NT...Paradox

But that's essentially why Picci was upset because she felt she was being judged by players and Barbolini for her decision not to play. One's physical health is the most important thing not only in sports but in life in general. For anyone to expect another person to somehow put a volleyball competition before that is just not right. Like you said "leo could not use her own choice as a standard to appraise other players." That's apparently what she did as per Picci's comments. And that's not right.

• president forgot something.....
    leo had her health problem,however,she played all the matches of World Champion 2010.
    Picci chose to refuse the World Cup 2011.
    It is not right or wrong between two choices,but themselves rights.
    In my opinion,leo could not use her own choice as a standard to appraise other players.however,that's why I like her because leo never say no to Italian NT...Paradox

There is a big difference...Leo didnt know yet she was with the disease in the WC 2010, she suspiscious there she had something, but she only confirmed when she got home. After she discovered she took her time to recover and didnt play like Picci. Picci knew before the World Cup she was sick...it is more than natural for a player to focus on their health before...It is just absurd what you wrote with all do respect...we are not talking about an injury or a physical problem, we are talking about diseases! Leo stayed out the hole Foppa season cause of her disease, of course, and she should! She must get health first. Picci did the same, but It was not during club season, it was during NT time, cause It was when she discovered her disease. And for the NT players treat her as she was refusing NT for being lazy is just absurd and unfair!

• Leo was out half season

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• i just can't understand people who criticize piccinini just because she did not play at the world cup due to health reasons. she wasn't well, for heaven's sake! for an athlete, one's health is the utmost priority. she would have weighed the team down at the world cup if she stayed. and based from the evidences and statements and all, everything piccinini said was true.

• I think discussions about this issue will never be finished. Some of you say Piccinini is so selfish and Some of you say the other ones like Del core, Gioli made this situation worse. I don't give a crap who has a shitter personality. The thing is that Italy needs some young blood and for that, They are not needed anymore. So..Go away, Barbollini.

• Yeah let's hope Barbolini, Lo Bianco, Gioli will stay away of Italian NT! I'm just sorry now for Galatasaray because Leo and Gioli together are a big threat for the team spirit. They can easily subdue Barbolini :hit: and become the bosses. Not good for team harmony :white:

• Ortolani wasn't there because Barbolini wanted play with a receiving opposite. Piccinini didn't play a lot because it serms that was Magri who persuaded Barbolini to call her in London... Costagrande and Del Core played almost the whole time...

• does anyone know why ortolani was not in the last olympic team? and why does barbolini not use piccinini?

Picci did not play because of Del Core.. Costagrande was the non receiving OH who was supposed to score and Bosetti was there to receive. Del Core was there to do nothing. Neither receive nor score but that's Barbolini. He went to London with 5 OH and not even 1 real OPP

• hi, thanks for your replies. i don't know much about all the drama in the NT, who doesn't like who, who did what to who, who is ugly or stupid, etc. all that gossip.

all i know is that some of my favorite players on the court (how they play) include piccinini, ortolani and i wish they would play again. i was disappointed they didn't play in london (or in picci's case, didn't play much).

i know picci will probably never play for the NT again (and probably others will retire like gioli and lo bianco), but ortolani is still young so hopefully she'll be back. along with arrigheti, lucia bosetti and others. i don't dislike costagrande but her passing/defense is terrible.

would anzanello come back? i think like picci, delcore and gioli, she's probably too old to commit for another olympics.

whatever happened to centoni? she never returned after beijing 2008?

• I hope Leo and Francy! They are the only decent setter we have

• I must admit I'm very curious to see our new national team.. For sure mencarelli will bring new names! And let's also see how he will work and how he will handle this new great responsibility.. I wish him good luck of course and i hope he manager to lead to new victories even though it is harder than ever :super:

• Next year Italy NT will be like this in my opinion:
    Ferretti - Diouf
    Bosetti - Bosetti
    Arrighetti - Folie (Guiggi, Pisani...)
    Merlo

Maybe some of the veterans over30 will be back at the WCH which will be held in Italy in 2014, but next year I'm pretty sure the new coach will build a very young team.