Germany NT 2012

• I think Germany has a big possibility to go to London this year. Their performances last year were just unforgettable (winning the silver at ECH,beating usa at WC etc...)
    They absolutely deserve to play in the Olympic Games, and hopefully they can make it :rose:

Anyhow, I don't think There will be a lot of changes on the roster compared to last year. Guidetti is somehow stubborn with his favorite players and the main players played so well last year, That's why.

Setters - Kathleen Weiss,Mareen Apitz
    OPPs - Margareta Kozuch,Saskia Hippe
    MBs - Christiane Fürst,Corina Ssuschke-Voigt,Berit Kauffeldt
    OHs - Angelina Grün,Maren Brinker,Regina Burchardt,Heike Beier,Patricia Grohmann
    Liberos - Lenka Dürr,Kerstin Tzscherlich

These are the best candidates I suppose. But I know Guidetti obviously will call such useless players like Matthes,Thomsen :thumbdown:

• I would like Guidetti to add some experienced players who can be useful in an olympic year. GER has really strong and harmonious starting six but they need more players to achive some better results like olympic medal.

1. Hanka Pachale. I don't know if she wants to play in NT but GER NT needs her a lot as a substitute for Brinker.
    2.Patricia Thorman. I think GER NT needs a good middle blocker as a substitute for their best "duo"
    3. Olessia Kulakova ? I dream about her come back to NT but I know that it's impossible :)

• why it's impossible? she still play, and pretty well with Le Cannet in the french league.
    tell me more please

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Yes I know that she's still an active player. I mean that she probably doesn't want to play in NT anymore or Guidetti doesn't want her. I think that because she has never appeared in NT since Guidetti is a coach (true?)

• There are two possibilities:
    1) We qualify for London
    In this case, Guidetti won't take any risks and go with the usual players. Weiss, Kozuch, Grün, Brinker, Ssuschke, Fürst and Tzscherlich are certain, but several players have chances to be on bench. 2nd setter should be Apitz, but Hanke might have a little chance. Beier, Matthes, Burchardt, Hippe will fight for OH/Opp places. Kauffeldt, Radzuweit, Schaus are candidates for MB. Since there are only 12 players allowed for London I'm not sure if Guidetti would take a 2nd libero, if he does it MUST be Lenka Dürr.

2) We don't qualify for London
    In this case Guidetti should use the summer to try new players and give match experience to the young ones. My favourite roster for this case would be:
    S: Apitz, Hanke, Möllers, Lucia Kaiser (19 year old setter from Wiesbaden, she is playing very well in DVL this season)
    Opp: that's a problem...Kozuch is the only real Opp we have...Hippe hasn't made any progress since 3 years...
    OH: Brinker, Beier, Burchardt, Grohmann, Thieme, Sandra Sell (currently 2nd best scorer and 2nd best server of DVL)
    MB: Kauffeldt, Schaus, Franziska Bremer, Stefanie Karg, Anke Borowikow
    L: Lenka Dürr, Linda Dörendahl, Stefanie Golla

About Hanka Pachale, I don't think we need her in NT...she is far past her prime. We could use Patricia Thormann as Opp, but she is also already 32 years and the rest of the team would have to be built around her. And Kulakova...we don't need her, there are many good MBs in Germany, Guidetti just needs to get them into NT. Kulakova was pregnant when Guidetti became NT coach and after that she always played in France, I think that are the main reasons why she never returned to NT then...
    Sandra Sell from Köpenick said in an interview that her coach told her that Guidetti will invite her to NT camp this summer again, she was already there in 2009 or 2010 but had to leave early due to injury. She is playing very well this season, I hope she can use her chance in NT.

• Matthias

What about Schwabe? She played some good matches in CL.I think she is a very smart OH thinking that she is 18.Her age is over for Junior NT so maybe she has to gain some experiences in Senior team slowly i think.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Matthias

What about Schwabe? She played some good matches in CL.I think she is a very smart OH thinking that she is 18.Her age is over for Junior NT so maybe she has to gain some experiences in Senior team slowly i think.

In case we don't go to London she might be invited, but I think in the long run she has no chance to be a main player in NT. She is just too small and doesn't have enough power to play internationally, she would just be another Heike Beier (at best).

• I don't think so negative like she will be a Beier in future.Beier started to play very late in NT and her improvement at those ages were almost done but Schwabe is only 18 and if Guidetti cares with her much and show the best way to improve she can the future OH of German NT.Grun is very old so it's important to put someone else next to Brinker.Why doesn't Germany participate to European League with young and talented players from DVL? I think Guidetti doesn't have to wait if they qualify to Olympics or not.

• Serbia and Turkey will play GP too and they will also join to EL for their young players.It would be a great chance for Hanke,Petrausch,Karg,Schaus and some others from former Junior NT players to get experience.

• Money is another factor...playing WGP is very expensive, so our federation certainly can't afford to play European League additionally. This year the focus is completely on qualifying for OG, maybe we play EL in 2013 if we don't qualify for WGP then...

• Well, training camp for German NT starts on April 1st in Kienbaum. Invitations have been send out to all players, who have a chance to be invited to NT (see list below). However, in Kienbaum there will, of course, only be 16 players.

Kathleen Weiss, Berit Kauffeldt, Corina Ssuschke-Vogt, Lisa Thomsen, Margareta Kozuch, Kerstin Tzscherlich, Saskia Hippe, Anne Matthes, Maren Brinker, Mareen Apitz, Lenka Dürr, Angelina Grün, Regina Burchardt, Christiana Fürst, Kathy Radzuweit, Heike Beier, Nadja Schaus, Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers.

• Thomsen and Matthes again :thumbdown:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I don't think Matthes is a bad player. She deserves to be in NT. I'd like to see Karg instead of Radzuweit though.. She's playing better than Ssuschke in this season in my opinion :)

• At least, that´s what i´ve heard. No guarantee whatsoever that this is true...

Thanks for the info. It's exactly the roster I expected, and considering that it's for OG qualifier it's normal that there are no surprises. As I said before I think this summer new players will only be included if Germany doesn't qualify.

• But I know Guidetti obviously will call such useless players like Matthes,Thomsen :thumbdown:

Matthes and her serve

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• The following players have been nominated for the 2012 Olympic Games - European Qualification

Mareen Apitz, Heike Beier, Anja Brandt, Maren Brinker, Regina Burchardt, Lenka Dürr, Christiane Fürst, Angelina Grün, Denise Hanke, Saskia Hippe, Berit Kauffeldt, Margareta Kozuch, Anne Matthes, Luise Mauersberger, Lena Möllers, Sarah Petrausch, Kathy Radzuweit, Nadja Schaus, Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Claudia Steger, Friederike Thieme, Lisa Thomsen, Kerstin Tzscherlich, Kathleen Weiss

• Luise Mauersberger, opposite, playing for Sinsheim. She is 186cm tall and was born on July 2nd, 1990.