Germany NT 2012

• Here's the promised interview with Giovanni Guidetti:

http://blokaut.net/aktualnosci…99d%C4%85+coraz+lepsze%22

I wasn't sure in which thread post it to, cause we have talked about different things - Vakifbank (and Saori, Maggie, Jelena Nikolic), the national team and german players, stress in work, playing golf and a little bit about the Olympics.

The interview is in polish, but it looks very good in english via google translator ;)

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask :D

• Thanks, very interesting interview :) So Nikolic really is pregnant :D

• Results of the player of the year election from the readers of Volleyball Magazin:

1. (1.) Margareta Kozuch (Busto Arsizio/ITA) 36 %
    2. (3.) Christiane Fürst (Istanbul/TUR) 23 %
    3. (–) Denise Hanke (Schweriner SC) 23 %
    4. (–) Lenka Dürr (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg) 11 %
    5. (2.) Angelina Grün (Baku /AZE) 7 %

• Fürst is the player of the year for me :thumbup:

• Interview with Giovanni Guidetti

http://www.cev.lu/NewsImages/1…er_VolleyEM2013_1_eng.pdf

- At the moment you are daily working for your club Vakifbank Istan-bul in the League and Champions League. How’s it going?

Guidetti: “Really good, up to now we didn’t lose one match. The team is really good because I’ve not only seven players but also good “bench players”. So far, I am really satisfied. Our aim is to win as many titles as possible”.

- Is there, less than a year before, any time left to look ahead to the European Championship in our home country?

Guidetti: “I have to. After the Champions League matches I’ve of-ten stayed in Germany for one day. The European Championship is really important for us and I use the time in order to prepare the European Championship and to have a look at my players in Germa-ny and Europe.”

- Half of the Turkish selection who is a medal candidate for the 2013 European Championship and preliminary round opponent of the German team in Halle/Westphalia is playing in your team. Do peop-le talk about that or kid around?

Guidetti: “It happens that they make fun, but we are professional enough that the European Championship is no issue at the moment.“

- Is there a real chance to compete for the European Championship title in nine month?

Guidetti: “I believe that my team has the chance to win a medal. We are seeded in a tough pool and there are many good opponents but my team has much potential. If the spectators support us well we are able to play a very successful European Championship.“

- Recently it became known that Germany beside Italy, Russia and Turkey will now participate at the Grand Prix. How important is this participation in regard to the European Championship?

Guidetti: “Very important! Up to now I have together with Germany played the Grand Prix every year and after the Grand Prix my team has always developed well. My team needs time in order to develop and to perform at high level.”

- You almost know every single volleyball country in the world, the conditions on site, spectators, atmosphere etc. Regarding this, what do you expect from the European Championship in Germany and Switzerland?

Guidetti: “I don’t worry about the organisation which will be better than in other countries. I also feel optimistic about the number of spectators and the atmosphere. If we - spectators and team co-operate, there will be much that we can achieve. In Serbia we have seen that the spectators can make the difference. We must be able to “play” together with the fans.“

- Do you and your players hope for sustainability/positive impacts of the European Championship?

Guidetti: “Of course, we have to play well and successfully. If this happens, the European Championship will improve volleyball in all areas: in promotion, in the media and in the German Bundesliga clubs. When we travel in Brazil, Poland or Turkey, the players notice that they are stars. Hopefully, this will also be possible in Germany and that it will be recognised that other interesting type of sports beside football do exist.”

- The sporting success is important but is the team prepared to participate at PR measures for the European Championship in advance and to promote this event? What could you imagine?

Guidetti: “The team is ready for it. We have players who love to play for their country. They want to help wherever they can. This has always been the case and will of course be the case for the European Championship. “

- Tzscherlich who declared her resignation from the selection defini-tely won’t participate. This is a great loss, isn’t it?

Guidetti: “Yes, Kerstin has been the best sweeper who I’ve trained during my career. Her personality was also very important for the team. It was sensational that Kerstin has “prepared” her successor Lenka Dürr. Lenka is ready. In addition, I will hopefully find a place for “Tzscherli” working as a staff member.”

- For you personally it is the fourth European Championship with the German team. So far the sixth, fourth and second rank were chro-nologically achieved. According to the law of series the first rank is the only one missing, right?

Guidetti:“Yes, everyone is saying this. We have constantly develo-ped in recent years. That’s our, that’s my dream to crown this cycle with the gold medal.”

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Nice interview with Brinker, Kozuch, Kauffeldt and Weiss about their experiences in Italy, their expectations for NT this year and many other things: http://www.volleyball-verband.…68e374f4c528719fdbeea2a3c

very nice interview with the girls :win:

• I think Joana will be very happy if Maren, Maggi and Kathleen really end up in Brazil one day :D

Indeed. :D

I can fully understand their wish to play in Brazil :drink: :drink:

• The situation of brinker is a bit silly cause she could find another club and play easily or she should have performed better cause she is not a bench player as she tried to say in the interview.Before wishing about brazil maybe germans try turkey especially weiss and hanke where there is a big need of good setters. :white:

• It would be a dream! :heart: And lets not forget Chris! They can all come anytime..hehehehe :obey:

Yeah, and when Mari will come back to Brazil, they can make German NT-club, just like Osasco is Brazil NT :lol: