Germany NT 2012

• Amazing digs between Thomsen and Dürr in 13.34-14.00 :cheesy:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I think Germany has become stronger after the addition of Grun to the team. She has definitely given the team a new fighting spirit and she deserves to be the captain of the team again though Furst is doing well as captain. I think Grun is not as strong 4 years ago but she definitely a factor to the team.

The road to London is still achievable for this team, i think.

• Fürst is not captain, :whistle: Kozuch is the captain (last 1-2 years)

• For those who don't follow German league, Kerstin Tzscherlich is currently playing with knee injury, she can't even walk normally but she still plays. She was having problems all season, she even couldn't play at all for some time in February/March. It's just 3 weeks until Ankara tournament, I really hope Guidetti will use Dürr or even Thomsen as libero there, if we reach final it will be 5 matches in 6 days and it would be stupid to let Tzscherlich play there with her injury...

• Too bad...I also hope Kerstin gets well soon and Guidetti lets Lenka play as main libero right there.

• German league has finished now and most players are with NT now or will join in the next days. Angelina Grün joins on 23 April.

I guess following players are sure to be in 12 for Ankara:
    Weiss
    Kozuch
    Grün, Brinker, Beier
    Ssuschke, Fürst

2nd setter will be Apitz or Hanke, both played very well in league this season. Hanke was awarded MVP of the league but I think Apitz's setting style suits NT style better so she might have an advantage. I'm quite sure Guidetti will take 2 liberos to Ankara, if he takes Tzscherlich it would be reckless not to take another libero in case her knee doesn't stand the strain, and if she can't play at all I also think he'll take both Dürr and Thomsen. Hippe will probably backup Opp again even though she still doesn't play well. I think there is a little chance that Regina Burchardt will be backup Opp, she did that in some matches in World Cup. Her chances to be in the team as OH are very low after the return of Beier and also her performance in league this season was not good. If Guidetti takes two liberos he probably won't take a 4th OH so we might not see Anne Matthes in the team in Ankara. In playoff finals she was the victim of Schwerin's serves all the time and had a lot of problems in reception, in attack she was impressive when she got a good fast set but she can't score from difficult situations. 3rd MB should be Kauffeldt or Schaus, Kauffeldt is good in slide attack and Schaus good in middle attack, in block Kauffeldt is a bit better I think. Maybe Anja Brandt also has a small chance, she made good progress in all elements this season. I just hope it won't be Rabita's bench decoration Radzuweit.

• Currently training with NT are:
    Kathleen Weiß, Saskia Hippe, Maren Brinker, Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Margareta Kozuch, Lena Möllers, Lenka Dürr, Nadja Schaus, Regina Burchardt, Luise Mauersberger, Claudia Steger.
    Christiane Fürst will join tomorrow, the finalists of German playoffs Lisa Thomsen, Denise Hanke, Anja Brandt, Berit Kauffeldt, Mareen Apitz, Kerstin Tzscherlich and Anne Matthes join on Friday, Kathy Radzuweit on Saturday, Angelina Grün on Sunday and Heike Beier on Monday.
    The team will travel to Poland with about 15 players on 24 April, play two matches on 26/27 April, on 28 April Guidetti will announce the roster for Ankara and on 29 April they travel directly from Poland to Turkey.
    Kerstin Tzscherlich's medical exams didn't bring any results yet so she will go to NT and see what she can do...

• These are the rules. All clubs have to let their players join NT at least 2 weeks before tournament.

thanks :thumbsup: I didn't know that...we'll see what Giaveno will do, they are first in the A2 but if they loose Beier it won't be easy for them! they still have some interesting matches to play!!

• German roster for the matches in Poland:

S: Kathleen Weiß, Mareen Apitz, Denise Hanke
    Opp: Margareta Kozuch
    OH: Maren Brinker, Angelina Grün, Heike Beier, Anne Matthes, Regina Burchardt
    MB: Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Christiane Fürst, Berit Kauffeldt, Nadja Schaus
    L: Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr

I can't believe that Guidetti really leaves his favorites Hippe and Thomsen at home :white: Kozuch is the only real Opposite now, I suppose either Regina Burchardt will be her backup though she normally is OH or he will go with 4 OHs and if something happens to Kozuch Grün could be moved to Opp. Guidetti says he already has an idea about the final roster, I suppose one setter, one MB and either one L or one OH will be cut eventually. The players who stay at home continue training for the possible final Olympic qualifier and also for WGP where we need at least 14 players.

• I think is weird to let Hippe out for a third setter, sirky I would say. I know the decision of witch setter to take must be hard, Apit and Hanke show great and same level....but....I guess would be better for the team If he had take a second opp.

• I think is weird to let Hippe out for a third setter, sirky I would say. I know the decision of witch setter to take must be hard, Apit and Hanke show great and same level....but....I guess would be better for the team If he had take a second opp.

The problem is that Hippe hasn't made any progress in the last few years, it seems she'll forever stay a "talent" :S So why take her even if it's clear she can't help the team?
    Guidetti says the whole team could practice together only one time so far so from now on every training and match is important for the final decision.

• I agree with Guidetti and Matthias.

Why calling a second opposite (Hippe), if she can't contribute to the team??

In general, Guidetti is one of the best coaches worldwide, so trust him ;)

• The problem is that Hippe hasn't made any progress in the last few years, it seems she'll forever stay a "talent" :S So why take her even if it's clear she can't help the team?

Like Klaudia Kaczorowska in Poland :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• ok, then take other opp then Hippe..I dont know...hehehehhe...maybe other player could improve in that position? any younger talent? :roll:

That's the problem, there are no Opps in Germany. In the last few years there were Sabrina Ross and Tatjana Zautys in the team but both are over 30 already and not really on international level. Kristin Kasperski from Münster (194cm) was a big talent some years ago but she also did not make big improvements. This season she was on bench behind Sloetjes, and just as indication, with Sloetjes Münster became 4th in league, in the previous year with the same players except Kasperski instead of Sloetjes they finished 8th :S The strongest Opps in German league all are foreigners (Merkova, Sloetjes, Pietersen, Mesa, Djuric...).
    Young left-handed player Luise Mauersberger is training with the team this summer but she has never played in a good club yet, next year she should do that because her previous team Sinsheim quit, I hope she can become a good option for NT. Also Junior NT Opp Carina Aulenbrock has good potential, she reminds me a bit of Havlickova from her physical shape...if she can improve her technique and physical shape she could also become a good player.

But for now I guess Regina Burchardt will play as backup Opp, she did that also last year in World Cup in some matches. Usually she is OH but a bad receiver, I guess playing Opp is her chance to stay in the team because after Beier's return she has no chance at OH.