• are there any news about Cuba.........it's pretty sad not to see them in London....

Till now, no.
    But Pt. Rico Federation has confirmed that they will be in Japan instead of Cuba.

• Someone here know if Wilma Salas, Gyselle de la Caridad Silva and Yanelis Santos will leave the NT 2013?

• Maybe a week ago I read a report that said the Cuban Volleyball Federation is reconsidering its policy of barring NT players from playing abroad. They didn't make any declarative statements but that they realize the modern volleyball scene is different and that they'd like to reestablish themselves amongst the world's elite programs once again. They emphasized though that it's a complex issue for the following reasons:
    - Players would need to understand that that their main priority to should continue to be the NT
    - Lack of professionalism on the part of Cuban athletes who are unaccustomed to professional clubs (easily fixable IMO :))
    - They tried to do this in 98/99 with multiple players going to Italy and Russia but they returned back to the NT with a lot of injuries.

At least there is debate about opening things up again and considering Cuba's poor performance this past quadrennial perhaps they'll be able to make this change sooner rather than later.

• Cuba Team 2013

Outside Hitters: Yohana Palace, Dayami Sanchez and Sulian Matienzo.
    Central: Rosanna Giel, Daymara Lescay, Heidy Rodriguez, Dairilis Cruz (auxiliary and central), Alena Rojas (auxiliary and center).
    Opposite: Yaremis Mendaro
    Setter: Ana Yilian Cleger
    Libero: Emily Borrell

Wilma Salas, Yanelis Santos and de la Caridad Silva Gyselle are out.

• So sad for Cuban NT. First Calderon, Carillo, Ruiz and Ramirez left after the Beijing Olympics. Then Sanchez left and just when they were finding their rhythm Kenia Carcases left. Silie retired and now Santos, Salas and Silva are also gone! And they could have been a great team, the played great in the Pan Am Cup against Brazil in the final. Huge loss for Cuba

• Maybe a week ago I read a report that said the Cuban Volleyball Federation is reconsidering its policy of barring NT players from playing abroad. They didn't make any declarative statements but that they realize the modern volleyball scene is different and that they'd like to reestablish themselves amongst the world's elite programs once again. They emphasized though that it's a complex issue for the following reasons:
    - Players would need to understand that that their main priority to should continue to be the NT
    - Lack of professionalism on the part of Cuban athletes who are unaccustomed to professional clubs (easily fixable IMO :))
    - They tried to do this in 98/99 with multiple players going to Italy and Russia but they returned back to the NT with a lot of injuries.

At least there is debate about opening things up again and considering Cuba's poor performance this past quadrennial perhaps they'll be able to make this change sooner rather than later.

But, it was non-professionalism (I understand this as amateurism) that has been the main reason of their success of Cubans in sports in general, in volley in particular. If they kept doing sports as amateurs, their volley teams could be unbeatable today. But, we rest of the world have been pulling their legs into "professionalism" (read it much more money etc), and they gone away from the success. Our plays, our competitions are fauly.

• But, it was non-professionalism (I understand this as amateurism) that has been the main reason of their success of Cubans in sports in general, in volley in particular. If they kept doing sports as amateurs, their volley teams could be unbeatable today. But, we rest of the world have been pulling their legs into "professionalism" (read it much more money etc), and they gone away from the success. Our plays, our competitions are fauly.

They did come back but they won GOLD..... 1992, 1996, 2000 Olympics. 1994, 1998 World Championships...

• where is Santos and Palacios? they are in China? :sos: :sos:

Palacios is there in roster...

• hahah :aww: thanks
    and Santos???

I have no idea, they were never in China, I hope Santos will leave Cuba like Calderon and others..