Russian NT 2012

• Extended roster for Russian NT 2012
    Setters: Startseva (Dinamo Krs), Ulyakina, Matienko (both-Dinamo Mosc), Uraleva (Proton), Marina Akulova (Omichka)
    MB's: Borodakova, Moroz (both- Dinamo Kaz), Morozova, Perepelkina, Merkulova (all-Dinamo Mosc)
    OPP's: Gamova (Dinamo Kaz), Goncharova (Dinamo Mosc), Fateeva, Bukreeva (both-Dinamo Krs), Alisheva (Omichka), Isaeva (Zarechie)
    OH's: Sokolova (Fenerbahce), Kosheleva, Konstantinova (both-Dinamo Krs), Estes, Chaplina (both-Uralochka), Makhno (Dinamo Kaz), Bondar (Tyumen), Pisarenko (Fakel), Scherban (Proton)
    Liberos: Kryuchkova (Dinamo Mosc), Kabeshova (Dinamo Kaz), Kuzyukina (Omichka), Vekshina (Dinamo Krs)
    source http://news.sport-express.ru/2012-02-15/493591/

• I personally would be very glad to see Zhenya Artamonova at her 6th Olympics!

• Nice roster :thumbsup: for me main roster can be this:
    S: Startseva, Ulyakina/Akulova
    MB: Borodakova, Perepelkina, Merkulova, Morozova
    OPP: Gamova, Goncharova
    OH: Sokolova, Kosheleva, Makhno, Estes
    L: Kabeshova, Kryuchkova

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• isn't Konstantinova MB? :what:

• Nice roster :thumbsup: for me main roster can be this:
    S: Startseva, Ulyakina/Akulova
    MB: Borodakova, Perepelkina, Merkulova, Morozova
    OH: Sokolova, Kosheleva, Makhno, Estes
    L: Kabeshova, Kryuchkova

Yes, I expect it like this too, but in Olympic Games only 12 players are allowed. I guess Kryuchkova and either one of the MBs or one of the OHs (if Estes really plays, Makhno could be out) will be cut. In Dinamo Perepelkina and Morozova are the main MBs so I can't imagine that Merkulova will be ahead of either of them in NT, and Borisenko for me is the best Russian MB right now.

• The most interesting names for me : Estes and Alisheva. I would like to see them at Olympics :)

As for Estes it's really nice impression to see experienced players in their 4th, 5th, 6th ...etc olympic appearance. Especially I adore players who decide to comeback to NT in order to play at OG or in order to try again to win an olympic gold (like Estes who has only silver medals) . When I observe such situation it means for me that not only money is important in today's sport but players have dreams and want to accomplish them. :win:

I would like to see Alisheva too. She didn't have luck to NT. I don't know, maybe she played some matches but never had a opportunity to play longer. It's a pity considering her height :) I remember like Karpol took Olga Nikolaeva to Athens 2004 OG. She was 32 and it was her first year in NT. I liked it 8)

• For me, the roster for the Olympics should be this:

S: Startseva, Ulyakina
    MB: Borodakova, Perepelkina, Morozova
    OH: Sokolova, Kosheleva, Estes
    L: Kryuchkova, Kabeshova

Merkulova is exaggeratedly slow which makes her height useless. She is not even excellent in offense.

Makhno's role in NT in 2010 was to replace Kosheleva to help out defending the backrow. If Estes, who is better in defending the backrow than Makhno, decides to go back to NT, Makhno is no longer needed. Estes does not have to be part of the starting 6 since the team already has Kosheleva but her defense is still needed.

I believe the team needs 2 liberos. Floor defense is the weakness of the tall Russian team so bringing 2 liberos may help in making the team's floor defense more consistent. If the main libero is having a bad day, at least there is another one who can replace her for the day.

• I agree with HungryNecro's roster. I hope Estes will play, though I don't want her to be in the starting six, since Sokolova and Kosheleva as OH would be powerful enough. Estes can replace Kosheleva in the backrow for reception and defense.

I hope Gamova, Sokolova and Kosheleva will be on their top form this coming Olympics.

• The most interesting names for me : Estes and Alisheva. I would like to see them at Olympics :)

As for Estes it's really nice impression to see experienced players in their 4th, 5th, 6th ...etc olympic appearance. Especially I adore players who decide to comeback to NT in order to play at OG or in order to try again to win an olympic gold (like Estes who has only silver medals) . When I observe such situation it means for me that not only money is important in today's sport but players have dreams and want to accomplish them. :win:

I would like to see Alisheva too. She didn't have luck to NT. I don't know, maybe she played some matches but never had a opportunity to play longer. It's a pity considering her height :) I remember like Karpol took Olga Nikolaeva to Athens 2004 OG. She was 32 and it was her first year in NT. I liked it 8)

I also like that Alisheva is in the first roster, because she have been playing well so far this season, and even if she is 28 yrs. old I belive she can be better in the future since she had problems with injuries the last seasons. But her chances to go further to the OG-squad is very small, because since they will just choose 2 OPP, then the places should be given to Goncharova and Gamova, anything else would be a major sensation.

I belive the 12-roster and also the line-up is pretty obvious exept the MB´s and maybe the libero. Kryuchkova was the WCH champion-libero but Kabeshova plays better than her now. Morozova is the best MB for me in Russia with Borisenko, and Perepelkina isnt as impressive this season as before, so I will go with Borisenko/Morozova. Looks very strong, hopefully they will be more used than before. The setter should be Startseva. Goncharova is playing better than Gamova this season, but I still dont belive anything else than Gamova as starting OPP, the place is hers, it doesnt matter if she will play 10 bad games in a row from now.

Anyway, what do u guys think is a realistic target for Russia in OG? I think gold, but Brazil and USA looks honestly a bit stronger for me.

• I also like that Alisheva is in the first roster, because she have been playing well so far this season, and even if she is 28 yrs. old I belive she can be better in the future since she had problems with injuries the last seasons. But her chances to go further to the OG-squad is very small, because since they will just choose 2 OPP, then the places should be given to Goncharova and Gamova, anything else would be a major sensation.

I belive the 12-roster and also the line-up is pretty obvious exept the MB´s and maybe the libero. Kryuchkova was the WCH champion-libero but Kabeshova plays better than her now. Morozova is the best MB for me in Russia with Borisenko, and Perepelkina isnt as impressive this season as before, so I will go with Borisenko/Morozova. Looks very strong, hopefully they will be more used than before. The setter should be Startseva. Goncharova is playing better than Gamova this season, but I still dont belive anything else than Gamova as starting OPP, the place is hers, it doesnt matter if she will play 10 bad games in a row from now.

Anyway, what do u guys think is a realistic target for Russia in OG? I think gold, but Brazil and USA looks honestly a bit stronger for me.

The 3rd OH slot is also not filled in yet. I really hope Estes would get it.

• The 3rd OH slot is also not filled in yet. I really hope Estes would get it.

Its not impossible at all. I think it stands between Estes, Makhno and maybe even Scherban, a good attacker and receiver, and a player for the future who needs experience.

• Is it really possible for Estes to play in London Olympics? I heard somewhere that she was going to stop playing already after this season. If she will play, I don't think that Makhno or Scherban stand a chance for the 3rd OH.

I hope the coach will bring the two liberos.

• Is it really possible for Estes to play in London Olympics? I heard somewhere that she was going to stop playing already after this season. If she will play, I don't think that Makhno or Scherban stand a chance for the 3rd OH.

I hope the coach will bring the two liberos.

Since she is in the roster, she should be avaliable for Olympics I guess, strange otherwise.

• With Estes, Kosheleva, Goncharova, and Startseva joining the NT, I think this roster is stronger than their 2008 lineup for the olympics. I really wish russia would get the gold at London this time :D :olympia:

• OMG, Estes :thumbsup: She is old but still can help the team quite a lot, at least she will be much more useful than Makhno or any other young OHs.

Startseva-Gamova
    Perepelkina-Borodakova
    Sokolova-Kosheleva
    Kabeshova

Kabeshova is currently playing better than Krychkova and She already played in the olympic games, therefore My vote for the Libero space goes to Kabeshova.

• My 1st 6:

Startseva-Gamova
    Alisheva-Goncharova
    Morozova-Merkulova
    Kriuchkova

Alisheva-Goncharova - They must believe that They can good receive.

• My 1st 6:

Startseva-Gamova
    Alisheva-Goncharova
    Morozova-Merkulova
    Kriuchkova

Alisheva-Goncharova - They must believe that They can good receive.

Are you kidding me :aww: ? Opposites on receive? Pair Kosheleva/Sokolova is definitely better. And Merkulova is just height, she's really slow - Borodakova is better. The rest is ok, instead of Kruchkova can be Ulanova (Kabeshova), but it isn't necessary.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Are you kidding me :aww: ? Opposites on receive? Pair Kosheleva/Sokolova is definitely better. And Merkulova is just height, she's really slow - Borodakova is better. The rest is ok, instead of Kruchkova can be Ulanova (Kabeshova), but it isn't necessary.

They must believe that They can good receive :teach: Faith works in wonders :teach:

• They must believe that They can good receive :teach: Faith works in wonders :teach:

Bartek, are u serious ? Alisheva insted of Kosheleva is just a crazy decision IMO, because she isnt even better than Kosheleva in attack ! hehehe, And she is so much worse in defending, and also receiving is not to talk about. I think the chances for Alisheva playing OH for Russia in OG is under 1 % :)