Russian NT 2012

• According to Vladimir Patkin, Tatiana Kosheleva will probably not be ready to play in Olympics :(
    Source

Oh my. :white: I was actually keeping my fingers crossed for her recovery and rise to form. IMO, she will be a very important sub to Goncharova just in case she will not play well. I guess it's much better for her to rest rather than risking another injury. With that, Makhno would most probably replace Kosheleva in London. Still, I hope there's still a chance that she'll fully recover before OG without risking her health. :roll:

Generally speaking, I wish all teams to be injury-free. It would be much better to see teams with all their top players for a more high-level OG and also a convincing win for the eventual winners :)

• Yepp, I liked how they played in Ekaterinburg last week, and when they charge Estes with Sokolova, it will be even stronger. I think its the strongest possible line-up then, with one exception that Morozova is out, which is a significant setback IMO. She is a very underrated player I think, esp. her value for Russian NT since she is their best blocker and also has very nice slide attacks, better than the others I think.

Yeah there is just a weak part in russia and its middle.Surely they have to impove the other parts but if they can make their middle attacks more stronger and reliable russia can be easily the most strongest team in OG :thumbup:

• i remember in some interview kosheleva talking about her desire to give birth and become a housewife after the olympics..i dont know if her plans have changed, but this is the best chance for her to get a medal in olympics. Without gamova and sokolova will be really hard for russia in 2016. Besides, even in not her best shape, kosheleva is better than russian options for her spot: makhno and chaplina

• Yeah there is just a weak part in russia and its middle.Surely they have to impove the other parts but if they can make their middle attacks more stronger and reliable russia can be easily the most strongest team in OG :thumbup:

exaggerated comment,anyway
    what about Goncha's reception and defencive skills?? not weak poinst for Russia? i understand you want a real opponent to face Usa at Og but it wont be that easy...sorry..

• It would be better not to take another injury risk for Kosheleva. There will be very high level matches in a very short time period and it would be so hard to compensate any injury especially considering only 12 players are allowed to play in OG. Moreover, most of teams chose to bring 2 liberos so there is not much option for a an injuried OH or Opp :thumbdown:

Although Goncharova seems she is in good shape I am still not convinced about her reception since the teams in Yeltsin Cup were not good serving ones. I wonder how she will perform against good serving teams such as TUR, USA and BRA :whistle: Over and above, I don't think Sokolova will be OK to be play like second libero on the ground and cover Goncharova for whole game :roll:

• i remember in some interview kosheleva talking about her desire to give birth and become a housewife after the olympics..i dont know if her plans have changed, but this is the best chance for her to get a medal in olympics. Without gamova and sokolova will be really hard for russia in 2016. Besides, even in not her best shape, kosheleva is better than russian options for her spot: makhno and chaplina

This is also what I have in mind. as I said earlier in this thread, I think Russia has a better lineup this time than in 2008. Powerful attacks with Gamova, Goncharova, Kosheleva, and Sokolova, Setter position is improved with Startseva (although akulova is stll there), MBs are bit better because there is no more alimova (though still has yet to be improved. would have significant improvement with Morozova). I think this is Russia's last best chance to win and if they don't get it this time, chances in Rio 2016 are much, much harder.

Even though usa and Brazil are a bit stronger, I'd like to believe that the Russian ladies still has a chance for that elusive gold. and regardless of the results, I will root for them. удачи России! :super:

Veering off-topic, any links to Italy-Russia yeltsin 2012 replay? :)

• if kosheleva goes to london, she will be, for sure, the last option in OH position ..and IMO the only strong team russia will play against in 1st phase is italy and after that only 3 matches to play :super:
    by the way, according to sports.ru , russia will go to italy to play alassio cup with the following players

Startseva, Matienko
    Gamova, Sokolova, Goncharova, Kosheleva, Makno, Estes, Chaplina
    Merkulova, Moroz, Borodakova, Perepelkina
    Kabeshova, Kryuchkova.

http://www.sports.ru/others/volleyball/141928331.html

• exaggerated comment,anyway
    what about Goncha's reception and defencive skills?? not weak poinst for Russia? i understand you want a real opponent to face Usa at Og but it wont be that easy...sorry..

u think its an exaggerated comment cause u dont think that russia is so strong as i said :D im really glad their performance in yeltsin cup it seemed they started to make hard digs and it makes russia more stronger too... I guess u didnt see but i have already written that russia has to improve other parts but for me its biggest problem is middle attacks/players
    when its not working teams starts to make blocks on OHs easier and we see a weak russia on attacking
    and one more thing about a possible russia-turkey match :D ı guess u think turkey again can beat russia with their serves but i have to say the olympic qualification tournament was just an extraordinary time(the hall, amazing audience and there were too much really silly referee mistakes which makes teams down(what i really dont like) :drink: i dont want to go on talking about the tournament in turkey cause we might argue about it :thumbsup:

• so can Kosheleva play? appearing in the list.

i dont think so...but probably sokolova will.
    in Yeltsin Cup makhno and moroz were in the russian roster but didnt play.

• Turkey was the best in that tournament and it was in the past..respect the result pls ,ok?
    some of your conclucions may be based on emotinoal reasons .
    the point is that Russia has a good attacking power(though those player are older and not the same as in ther past now:Gamova,Luba and Estes) but what makes the difference may be other details.And i dont find your inference realist which says that Russia can be easily the best at Og.

• russia won 2006 and 2010 wch with weak middle-blockers..the only middle from russia now who attacks efficiently is merkulova. Startseva should forget borodakova is on court when playing against strong teams.

• Turkey was the best in that tournament and it was in the past..respect the result pls ,ok?
    some of your conclucions may be based on emotinoal reasons .
    the point is that Russia has a good attacking power(though those player are older and not the same as in ther past now:Gamova,Luba and Estes) but what makes the difference may be other details.And i dont find your inference realist which says that Russia can be easily the best at Og.

respecting results doesnt mean that i have to be quiet against the wrong things even though they were in the past :whistle(it has typed here too over and over during the tournament and u saw ) just i respect what u think about turkey,i just wrote again cause u wrote something about my comment bro :thumbup: anyway i dont have a relation with russia so i cant make my comments according to my emotion i just say what i see and u dont know me maybe im supporting turkey too :roll: already we'll see what happens in OG 2012

and one more thing;take care agains china and korea(with kim yeong) its revenge time for them :thumbsup:

• respecting results doesnt mean that i have to be quiet against the wrong things even though they were in the past :whistle(it has typed here too over and over during the tournament and u saw ) just i respect what u think about turkey,ı just wrote again cause u wrote something about my comment bro :thumbup: anyway i dont have a relation with russia so i cant make my comments according to my emotion i just say what i see and u dont know me maybe im supporting turkey too :roll: already we'll see what happens in OG 2012

and one more thing;take care against china and korea(with kim yeong) its revenge time for them :thumbsup:

what i have got from you comments is that you have overtrust in some teams without analyzing their weak points.İ just objected to Russia's being easily best at Og....yes Russia could be a candidate for the title but seems that after Usa..Brazil has also chance against them...and expecting Estes,Luba and Gamova to make Russia champion one more time seems very intereting to me....how many more times can Russia count on these players??

btw, im not against Russia..if they get to Final i'd like them to challenge agaisnt Usa for a good final game.

• what i have got from you comments is that you have overtrust in some teams without analyzing their weak points.İ just objected to Russia's being easily best at Og....yes Russia could be a candidate for the title but seems that after Usa..Brazil has also chance against them...and expecting Estes,Luba and Gamova to make Russia champion one more time seems very intereting to me....how many more times can Russia count on these players??

btw, im not against Russia..if they get to Final i'd like them to challenge agaisnt Usa for a good final game.

did i say somethng like usa and brazil cant be an opponent to russia? i know that russia 's reception is not perfect but i just try to tell u that its not such bad as u hope,and im sure u think turkey has the serve chance to distrup the reception of their rivals but as we saw on wgp the opponets has also started to get used to it(like i expected bahar could have more aces but sometimes her serve was just so easy for reception)

• The rest of Sokolova's interview to sport-express.

A half of players of the Russian national volleyball team in May - June have changed their clubs. You too were going to make it, and said goodbye to "Fenerbahçe". The Turkish club even declared that on the official site. In May there were talkings that you will play in "Eczacibasi", but it went no further then just words. So now there is no clarity where you will continue your career.

- I had an agreement on words with "Eczacibasi", but it was not possible to sign the contract yet . "Fenerbahçe" persistently opposes to it. Allegedly in the contract there is a point which forbids my transition to any other Turkish club without payment of compensation by me.

- The sum of this payment - two thirds of your earnings for the past season. And this contract is in Turkish language. Do I have true information?

- I will not open all figures and details , but you transferred an essence precisely. At will of "Fenerbahçe" I can't play today in Turkey. By the way, there's a similar situation with the Korean Kim YK.

- She, MVP of the last Champions League, is being calledl to Baku, but the "Fenerbahçe" managementobjects against it, isn't it so?

- Allegedly for Kim too - there is a Turkish contract where compensation for a transfer are registered. But the Korean is also on the contract in club of her country which rents her - at first to Japan, then to Turkey. I signed documents myself, and they were made in English. Generally, the extremely bad story.

It is a pity to me that it is necessary to leave "Fenerbahçe" through court. I have already filed documents to the special commission of FIVB, I ask to understand. It is a pity, but in a different way it is impossible. For me personally the situation looks insulting.

- And when the decision will be made?

- They've promised to look at my case this week.

- What forecasts do lawyers give?

- I will refrain from estimates before completion of trial.I believe I will find a new club in any case . But at present I am a player without the contract.

- This fact won't reflect on the Olympic Games performance?

- No. To London, certainly, I'll go.It is not even necessary to discuss it.

- Could we see you in the forthcoming season in Russia or Istanbul remains your priority at a club choice?

- I hope, I will return home, but there is no point to speak today about exact terms.I would like to play in Istanbul for now. The place where my son studies at a good school. For Danila it's not so long before he'll go to higher education institution, and now to break the guy from a place because of mother's moving, for me it would be very much not desirable.

- You didn't fly to Tokyo where the national team at the end of May has won world Olympic qualification. You didn't come to "Volley-Grad" (recently constructed volleyball training center located in several kilometers from Anapa. - A.A comment.) for the physical training too. Have you trained independently? And whether the lawsuit with "Fenerbahçe" have strongly distracted from work?

- I've trained, certainly. ButI can't call this preparation the serious one. We work here, in Yekaterinburg, together with Tanya Kosheleva by the plan.

- Will you manage to gain the necessary physical conditions before start of Games?

- Perhaps not for one hundred percent, but somewhere for two thirds of the ideal level to start of tournament I hope to have.

- Have you watched "Grand Prix" in June, where all our competitors at London Games have played - the USA, Brazil, Italy, China, Serbia? Turkey for certain have showed matches of the national team.

- Yes, they've showed. Turkish NT pleased the country and as a result finished third. For Turkey - it's a big success. I didn't watch all tournament, but I saw some matches of Turkish women . It was pleasant to me, the way they played.

- Were they more strong than in Ankara where Turkey have won the European Olympic qualification to London?

- Yes. Turkey, of course, not the favourite of the Olympic Games, but this team is capable to give a surprise in London. And not one.

- Turkish women - our potential competitors in a quarterfinal. Do you agree that the Olympic volleyball tournament is a competition of only three matches? After all in any case all favourites will overcome any problems at a group stage.

Right. But this time groups turned out very different. The one where Turkish women, Koreans, China, Brazil, the USA, Serbia, - is improbably difficult.

- Strong teams for certain will exhaust each other in internal duels. So for us the first round of play-off it should be more simple.

- We'll see. In any case we try to think only of our own game. This most important thing is our own readiness. And then, if we want to become the first on the Olympic Games, all the same it is necessary to win all matches in a playoffs. And it is not important, who will be our rival at any stage. Sooner or later all the same it is necessary to play on a limit - and other teams have just the same plans for the tournament. I think, your following question will be - about the purposes which Russian national team will put in London. So I will answer in advance - believe me, we fly to England not simply for the sake of participation in these major of competition.

• Russian roster for OG:
    Set: Startseva, Matienko
    MB: Borisenko, Perepelkina, Merkulova
    Opp&OH: Gamova, Goncharova, Sokolova, Estes, Kosheleva
    Lib: Kryuchkova, Kabeshova

• Russian roster for OG:
    Set: Startseva, Matienko
    MB: Borisenko, Perepelkina, Merkulova
    Opp&OH: Gamova, Goncharova, Sokolova, Estes, Kosheleva
    Lib: Kryuchkova, Kabeshova

Only non-surprising roster so far :)