Russian NT 2012

• Yes I know, but Russia has already decided their 12 players and have two reserves in training, but none of them is MB even though one of the questionable players (Merkulova) is MB...that's the problem.

Ohh now I understand.
    Well in that case, Russia must pray.

• Recent video with Natalia Safronova: http://www.sovsport.ru/video/gallery-item/s0_1763

so she is still in hospital unable to speak/walk? :S

• the Chinese National ex-coach Chen Zhonghe,in his Chinese twitter Tengxun Weibo says:

There are six-time olympic veteran Artamonova,five-time olympic veteran Sokolova and four-time olympic veteran Gamova in the upcoming London Russia Squad.Let's show respect for them and cheers...

• so she is still in hospital unable to speak/walk? :S

i think she is at home..i remember when she left hospital,,. and she even got married ( 1 year ago) !!! i admire how her husband stays by her side after all that happened
    http://vldinamo.ru/news/testovaya_novostk/
    i think she needs support to walk and about talking i dont know, but im sure that she can communicate with other people

• hm I hope one day she will be able to live normal life again, I liked her a lot as a player, she looked very nice person on the court :S

• the Chinese National ex-coach Chen Zhonghe,in his Chinese twitter Tengxun Weibo says:

There are six-time olympic veteran Artamonova,five-time olympic veteran Sokolova and four-time olympic veteran Gamova in the upcoming London Russia Squad.Let's show respect for them and cheers...

Great words. Pure talents :thumbsup:

Even though I don't like Gamova personality, Artamonova and Sokolova winning their gold would be beautiful. :roll:

• Great interview! Generally the quality of the translations from Russian interviews are poor so kudos to FIVB for putting in the time. I love to see players like Dani Scott-Arruda and Artamonova who still, after decades of competing, are driven and motivated to compete at the highest level. She seems to be in a great place physically and mentally. While of course I am hoping for USA success, I do hope that Russia is able to perform at their highest level because they have the talent to take gold if they play to their capability.

• Tatiana Kosheleva decided two days ago - together with the doctors - that she will participate in Olympic Games. Russian team will fly to London next tuesday.

• wohoo! Go Kosheleva! I would love to watch you hitting over the block of Hooker again :D

• A little bit of topic, but I don't where else this question could fit:

Anyone can tell me why Elena Vassilevskaia left Russia NT in 2001?

It was her decision or Karpol decision? She had any health problem?

IMO she was not a bad setter.

• Try looking it up here: :) Where are they now?

• I just do not understand how is possible that in this ¨new team¨ Liubos
    Sokolova is not a regular player. I saw a game today versus Dominican
    Republic and 4 me it was a shame that one of the best player of the
    world is just seat waiting.

Please can anyone explain me (have been a lot time without watch volleyball) why Sokolova is not a regular player?

Sorry 4 my enlgish, I am from Cuba.!!!

• and you think its fair to other players who were working hard for the whole summer to sit on bench because Liuba is changing the decision like socks? :)
    she is not in 100 % shape, was not practising for whole time so this is probably why

• although sokolova is not in her best shape, i think she showed yesterday that she can play better than artamonova..