Russian NT 2012

• The Agency for sports news "F-Sport" have made a list of the best female athletes in Russia:

http://www.allresults.ru/novosti/isinbae…rtsmenok-rossii

Gamova in 5th place, Sokolova in 14th place and Kosheleva in 19th place. As u also can see, the winner is pole vault world record-holder Yelena Isinbaeva and second the biathlete Olga Zaitseva. Maria Sharapova 3rd and Vera Zvonareva 10th place. Best basketball-player Ilona Korstin at 9th place. The worlds best high jumper Anna Chicherova in 13th place.

Any thoughts of the list ?

• Anton, the link doesn't work.
    For me - Zaitseva - out of the top10 (biathletes nowdays like football players in Russia - they don't win anything but still get all the money and media attention), Korstin is pretty average basket player, Masha Stepanova should be in top-10 instead of her.
    Top-5 for me (without precise places): Iinbayeva(doesn't win anything for years, but still a major star), Anna Chicherova (became World champion and won all the competitions less then a year after giving birth), Gamova, Sharapova, Olga Kaniskina (walker, wins all the majors for many years).
    Sokolova - top 10 (not in the top-5 because she plays in Turkey and we don't really see her all year)

• Anton, the link doesn't work.
    For me - Zaitseva - out of the top10 (biathletes nowdays like football players in Russia - they don't win anything but still get all the money and media attention), Korstin is pretty average basket player, Masha Stepanova should be in top-10 instead of her.
    Top-5 for me (without precise places): Iinbayeva(doesn't win anything for years, but still a major star), Anna Chicherova (became World champion and won all the competitions less then a year after giving birth), Gamova, Sharapova, Olga Kaniskina (walker, wins all the majors for many years).
    Sokolova - top 10 (not in the top-5 because she plays in Turkey and we don't really see her all year)

Strange, it was the right link before ! :S

I agree with most of what u say. I think Gamova is top5 for sure, but Sokolova in top10 I doubt, I think her level has decreased much the last 2 yrs :( Kosheleva is potential top10 for me, if she can play well in OG. I also dont understand the number of Chicherova, she should be better IMO. She is 13place and Masha Kirilenko 15 and Kuznetsova 11, a joke in my opinion ! Just because they are tennisplayers hehe

• Almost the same roster on http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…s.aspx?TeamID=7728&ID=555 , there is only one difference: Makarova instead of Vekshina

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• She has to fight to be in the top 12. But her only other contender is Makhno. And I think she is better than Makhno in all skills. For sure, Gamova, Sokolova, Kosheleva, Goncharova will be the top 4 hitters.

• Evgenjia Startseva says she is back in full training and will play in Ankara if the coach take her out.

Russian NT starts their preparations together from 16th april.

• After watching the playoffs in Russia I think Makhno deserves to be in NT more than Estes. She was quite bad in the last few matches.

I think you´re right, but looking at the stats of the whole season, you´re very wrong hehehe...Estes has much better stats in both attack and receive this season, but I belive Makhno is a more dangerous weapon against better teams anyway.

• I think you´re right, but looking at the stats of the whole season, you´re very wrong hehehe...Estes has much better stats in both attack and receive this season, but I belive Makhno is a more dangerous weapon against better teams anyway.

The problem is that the stats of the whole season are worth nothing when right now Makhno is in better shape, the tournament is in 2 weeks and I don't think Estes can get her best shape back in such a short time...maybe she'll be ready for Olympics, but right now I'd choose Makhno.

• ‎17 players training in Novogorsk

Setter
    Akulova Marina (Omichka)
    Matienko Anna (Dinamo Moscow)
    Startseva Evgeniya (Dinamo Kr)

Blocker
    Borisenko, Maria (Dinamo Kz)
    Merkulova Yulia (Dinamo Moscow)
    Moroz Regina (Dynamo Kz)
    Perepelkina Maria (Dinamo Moscow)

Attacker
    Gamova Ekaterina (Dynamo Kz)
    Goncharova Natalia (Dinamo Moscow)
    Kosheleva Tatiana (Dinamo Kr)
    Makhno Lesya (Dinamo Kz)
    Sokolova, Lyubov (Fenerbahce, Turkey) - roughly from April 19
    Shcherban Yana (Proton)
    Estes Evgeniya (Uralochka-NTMK)

Libero
    Kryuchkova, Svetlana (Dinamo Moscow)
    Kuzyakina Victoria (Omichka)
    Ulanova, Ekaterina (Dinamo Kz)

Where are Ulyakina and Morozova? They should be there rather than Matienko and Merkulova...

• Kuzyakina again? speaking of her, It was such a terrible joke that she was selected as the best libero last year. Anyway, hopefully we can see Ulyakina and Morozova rather than Matienko and Merkulova. Merkulova lacks in Mobility and Matienko just shows what A terrible setter shows.

• i prefer babeshina in the olympic team than akulova or matienko.

• i prefer babeshina in the olympic team than akulova or matienko.

Agree, none of them is really a great setter but I think Babeshina is the "least bad" among them. About Morozova, it was obvious that she had problems with her right shoulder towards the end of the season, she was even serving with left hand, but there would be time to recover after Ankara tournament, she's the best blocker of Russia.

• Startseva will be the main setter. I know She played terrible last year both at WGP on ECH, But I think She still is the best setter of Russia.

No Matienko :aww: I would even call Zhadan in stead of her.

• No Morozova.. hahahahah what a silly thing to do.. SHE was the one RECEIVING during the WGP.. although she is a MB because Goncharova couldn't nor the so-called queen Gamova :thumbdown: She is better than Merkulova and Perepelkina.... but whatever

• Yulia Morozova´s injury needs surgery and she cant play for 3 months after that so she will miss olympics. Also Vera Ulyakina will not be included, because of pregnacy.