Russian NT 2012

• Yulia Morozova´s injury needs surgery and she cant play for 3 months after that so she will miss olympics. Also Vera Ulyakina will not be included, because of pregnacy.

Sorry for Morozova, but Ulyakina...what a time to become pregnant :lol: This could have been her chance to play Olympics! Now I really hope Ovchinnikov will consider Sheshenina, I do not want to see Matienko or Akulova in Olympics, not even as backup!!!

• Now I really hope Ovchinnikov will consider Sheshenina, I do not want to see Matienko or Akulova in Olympics, not even as backup!!!

Oh my goodness I really hope he would not! No more Sheshenina, please! She's been torturing me for years!

• And after the torturing You have Athens Silver. No Medal in China because of Caprara idea All Star Team.

:rolll: so Sheshenina could turn Beijing disaster into gold :rolll: That's the best joke ever!

• Even Lobianco couldn't do anything to a Gamova and Sokolova like this.They were totally out of shape.Thanks to Estes they won at least some games.I am not sure Ovnichikov did the best choices for setter position.Startseva almost missed the half of season and here noone can predict how she will perform at Ankara so it would be a good option to have Sheshenina as backup.Like Matthias said :D She is least bad than Matienko or Akulova at least she played full season with most of NT members not like Akulova.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Sad to hear about Morozova missing the coming olympics. She could have a substantial contribution to russia's blocking. I even like her to be the main MB together with Borisenko. With her absence, Perepelkina and Borisenko should be main MBs and Moroz as reserve.

For me, starting seven should be:
    S: Startseva
    OH: Kosheleva, Sokolova
    OPP: Gamova
    MB: Borisenko, Perepelkina
    L: Ulanova

Reserves:
    Estes (OH), Goncharova (OPP), Makhno (OH), Moroz (MB), Babeshina (S) ^^

• I suppose that next to cut will be Kuzyakina and one from Akulova/Matienko. If to Ankara can go only 12 one from Merkulova/Moroz and one from Kryuchkova/Ulanova will be out. In case of taking two liberos out could be Makhno or Estes.

For me final roster will look like this (in brackets 13 & 14 player):
    S: Startseva, Akulova
    MB: Borisenko, Perepelkina, Moroz (Merkulova)
    OH: Kosheleva, Sokolova, Makhno, Estes
    OP: Gamova, Goncharova
    L: Ulanova (Kryuchkova)

I wonder why Babeshina wasn't called at all.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited 3 times, last by kondzio ().

• I think the coach should bring two liberos, rather than bringing Makhno. Goncharova and Estes/Makhno are enough to sub Gamova, Sokolova and Kosheleva. The other libero can sub Kosheleva in the back court.

• Russia list of 14 for Ankara:

Setter:
    Eugenia Startseva
    Marina Akulova
    Anna Matienko

OH:
    Lioubov Sokolova
    Tatiana Kosheleva
    Eugene Estes

Opposite:
    Ekaterina Gamova
    Natalia Goncharova

Middle Blocker:
    Maria Borisenko
    Maria Perepelkina
    Regina Moroz
    Yulia Merkulova

Libero:
    Svetlana Kryuchkova
    Catherine Ulanova

• I heard from anton1989 that Nelly alisheva will be joining the team as backup opp to Gamova and Goncharova will switch to OH. as much as I like Nataliya, I think she would put a huge risk to Russia's reception. I'm thinking that instead of calling alisheva, why not an OH with good reception? Don't know when will Makhno recover, but if she did before the olympics, she's the best alternative.

Kosheleva is important to the team so I'm hoping for her fast recovery and rise to form before the olympics. I think the team is good enough to secure the olympic qualification in Japan without her, but it will be more difficult for the team when they play in London.

What do you guys think?

• I heard from anton1989 that Nelly alisheva will be joining the team as backup opp to Gamova and Goncharova will switch to OH. as much as I like Nataliya, I think she would put a huge risk to Russia's reception. I'm thinking that instead of calling alisheva, why not an OH with good reception? Don't know when will Makhno recover, but if she did before the olympics, she's the best alternative.

Kosheleva is important to the team so I'm hoping for her fast recovery and rise to form before the olympics. I think the team is good enough to secure the olympic qualification in Japan without her, but it will be more difficult for the team when they play in London.

What do you guys think?

We will see what happens, nothing is certain yet, and Kosheleva might play in WQT in Tokyo if her MRI goes well.

About the decision with Alisheva, its not clear either, but the likely decision from what I heard. Makhno leaved the team angry a couple of weeks ago and wanted to go away. Im not sure she will come back now, but if she wants, obviously she is a better option (for me at least) than Alisheva!

What do you guys think?

Nelly Alisheva is a MB player, and she is not so young.
    I agree with you, Russia NT needs an OH with excellent reception. What happen with Kosheleva? I think she's and outstanding player, but her nerves are playing against her. It happened at WCH final, and it's happening again.

• Nelly Alisheva is a MB player, and she is not so young.
    I agree with you, Russia NT needs an OH with excellent reception. What happen with Kosheleva? I think she's and outstanding player, but her nerves are playing against her. It happened at WCH final, and it's happening again.

Nelly Alisheva plays as a OPP, she is 28-29 yrs. old, having her best season now so far in her carrer.

Tatiana Kosheleva got a back injury, and played with pain killers in the matches in EQT. She has problems with her nerves, but maybe it will be better, she is only 23.

• Nelly Alisheva plays as a OPP, she is 28-29 yrs. old, having her best season now so far in her carrer.

Tatiana Kosheleva got a back injury, and played with pain killers in the matches in EQT. She has problems with her nerves, but maybe it will be better, she is only 23.

If not Makhno, how about Scherban? If the coach can take alisheva lacking in NT experience, why not Scherban? Do you have any idea who else can fill in for Kosheleva? about the MBs, I'm not quite impressed with their performances in European qualification. Maybe Moroz could perform better than them. I also wish that Startseva would use the MBs a bit more often in attack so as to give variation to Russia's attacks. Lastly, Ulanova as main libero! :D

Thanks for the info, anton!. Keep us posted! I'm impressed with how well informed you are with the Russian NT ^^