Russian NT 2012

• Nelly Alisheva is a MB player, and she is not so young.
    I agree with you, Russia NT needs an OH with excellent reception. What happen with Kosheleva? I think she's and outstanding player, but her nerves are playing against her. It happened at WCH final, and it's happening again.

yes, you're right. and it's preventing her from showing her true potential. But a few more years in NT could solve that :)

• If not Makhno, how about Scherban? If the coach can take alisheva lacking in NT experience, why not Scherban? Do you have any idea who else can fill in for Kosheleva? about the MBs, I'm not quite impressed with their performances in European qualification. Maybe Moroz could perform better than them. I also wish that Startseva would use the MBs a bit more often in attack so as to give variation to Russia's attacks. Lastly, Ulanova as main libero! :D

Thanks for the info, anton!. Keep us posted! I'm impressed with how well informed you are with the Russian NT ^^

Scherban also suffered from shoulder or back injury, so she did not take part in the national team.

• is nelly alisheva a naturalized russian?

i hope so not

No, she is not naturalized.

About Yana Scherban, yes she also had a injury so she had to leave, if not, she could have been there I think. She´s a very good receiever, defender and also not bad attacker, simply a very underrated player right now I think. Btw, I posted some pictures of her in the thread "sexy female players" some weeks ago if somebody wants to know her more ^^

• Left handed MB hmm sounds interesting :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Can someone tell me what happen with Kuzyutkin? Did he die or what? Why he is not Russia NT coach?

• Can someone tell me what happen with Kuzyutkin? Did he die or what? Why he is not Russia NT coach?

Kuzyutkin's contract expired last year and he did not renew. This is just my guess, but I think it was because of the failures of Russian NT last year. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

• From Volleyrussia:

According to the injury of Tatiana Kosheleva, the team is looking for Lesya Makhno for the help. As long as Lesya was injured in Poland for the training camp and send back for treatment. Lesya Makhno told : "Now I am along with the rest of the girls and go to the location of the team. Practice in two or three days, after which I will take a final decision. If the injury will not bother me, I'll try to help the national team in Tokyo. In the case, a decision will be taken with the doctors."

• Obviously Makhno is needed now, because also Sokolova will not be there. Who Makhno replaces, Kosheleva or Sokolova, doesnt matter. The second one that will come to the team will probably be Nelly Alisheva.

• Obviously Makhno is needed now, because also Sokolova will not be there. Who Makhno replaces, Kosheleva or Sokolova, doesnt matter. The second one that will come to the team will probably be Nelly Alisheva.

And if Kosheleva and Sokolova will not play? Who will be the second OH? Goncharova?

• Will Estes be in the roster in Japan? If Sokolova, Makhno and Kosheleva won't play, Gamova-Estes-Goncharova trio can be used too..The reception won't be so good but I think Estes can receive well and there is no need to use her in attack so much as there are Gamova and Goncharova..

• I saw this schedule for Russia in WQT:

May 19 - Thailand
    May 20 - Korea
    May 22 - Cuba
    May 23 - Peru/Argentina (probably)
    May 25 - Serbia
    May 26 - Japan
    May 27 - Chinese Taipei

Im not sure it will be like this though.

• Russia NT Candidates for Tokyo

S - Старцева, Акулова, Матиенко.
    MB - Борисенко, Мороз, Перепелкина, Константинова, Меркулова.
    O - Гамова, Обмочаева.
    WS - Соколова, Кошелева, Щербань, Махно, Чаплина, Эстес.
    L - Крючкова, Уланова, Кузякина.

http://news.sport-express.ru/2012-05-09/509945

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

Edited once, last by Latvian ().

• this means sokolova is included in the russian nt for tokyo world qualification....i really hope...sokolova is really needed to get the olympic ticket :obey: :super:

• I don't understand it, Sokolova is not likely to participate in Japan and Kosheleva is injured, also Shcherban isn't ready to play due to injruy. Makhno has chances, but also it isn't sure. And why Kuzyakina is in team? Both Kryuchkova and Ulanova are far way better than her. Where is Nelli Alisheva, it was announced that she'll join with Makhno. Really weird 8|

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• On the other hand, interesting to see Konstantinova in the roster. I haven't really seen her play but I heard she has good reception so that could be helpful. I'm a bit doubtful with this news since it was announced that Sokolova will not join the team in Japan.

My starting 7 in Japan:
    OH: Estes, Makhno/Goncharova
    OPP: Gamova
    MB: Moroz, Konstantinova
    S: akulova
    L: Ulanova

I was not impressed with Borodakova and Perepelkina's performance in ankara. I'd like to see how Moroz and Konstantinova would fare in Japan and if they would perform better. This may not sound fair to them if they were to be cut in the roster for the olympics but I'm just thinking of the best chances for Russia.

also, I heard Startseva was playing with injury so I think it's best to give her a rest so as not to worsen her condition. akulova is not that good compared to Startseva, but I think she's good enough with Russia's style of play.

• Don't you know Konstantinova? She got married, earlier she was Murtazaeva and she played in NT, she was quite impressive and she can recive like Morozova, so she could be helpful instead of Merkulova - really slow, good mostly thanks to height. :down:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game