Russian NT 2012

• I don't agree, the only reason Konstantinova (actually I think she got divorced, she was Konstantinova already some years ago, then some time Murtazaeva and now back to Konstantinova) ever made it to NT was because she could receive. In attack and block she is not good enough for international level, at least not for Russian NT. I still remember how Russia played in 2009 with Makarova as OH, Konstantinova received in every rotation, even when she was in front row, so Russia had no attacker for quick balls and opponents could easily form a good block against OHs.

• 08.05.12 Sokolova : "It is not known if I would go with the team to Japan or not. This issue is being discussed, it will depend on my health. Everything will be decided in the coming days." (Р-Спорт).

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• Don't you know Konstantinova? She got married, earlier she was Murtazaeva and she played in NT, she was quite impressive and she can recive like Morozova, so she could be helpful instead of Merkulova - really slow, good mostly thanks to height. :down:

I know only Konstantinova by her name and face but not with her play. about Merkulova, yes, she's slow but I've heard from anton1989 that Merkulova's function in NT is to introduce harmony with the feuding players.

• I don't agree, the only reason Konstantinova (actually I think she got divorced, she was Konstantinova already some years ago, then some time Murtazaeva and now back to Konstantinova) ever made it to NT was because she could receive. In attack and block she is not good enough for international level, at least not for Russian NT. I still remember how Russia played in 2009 with Makarova as OH, Konstantinova received in every rotation, even when she was in front row, so Russia had no attacker for quick balls and opponents could easily form a good block against OHs.

So Konstantinova isn't good either. Looks like Russia doesn't have too many options.

The thing with Russia is, they may have the best players but they are limited. Gamova and Sokolova are players most teams would dream of having, but if you take them out, there is a significant decrease in the level of the team. This is one of the advantages of teams like Brazil, Italy, US, and Serbia have over them. I also noticed that many of the team's rising stars are not Russian-born: Kosheleva, Goncharova, Perepelkina, and Makarova.

• Makarova, the last time I saw her was in WGP2009. What happen with her?

• Makarova, the last time I saw her was in WGP2009. What happen with her?

Makarova is a naturalized player from Ukraine. In NT, only 1 naturalized player is allowed and that spot belongs to Goncharova. :)

• Makarova is a naturalized player from Ukraine. In NT, only 1 naturalized player is allowed and that spot belongs to Goncharova. :)

Uhmm but you mention that Kosheleva, Perepelkina are not Russian-born. How they can play then?

• Uhmm but you mention that Kosheleva, Perepelkina are not Russian-born. How they can play then?

Kosheleva is born in Belarus and Perepelkina in Kazakhstan (both in former Soviet Union), but they never competed in their NTs, thats why.

• Kosheleva is born in Belarus and Perepelkina in Kazakhstan (both in former Soviet Union), but they never competed in their NTs, thats why.

Oh I see. Thanks four your answer. :thumbup:

• 08.05.12 Sokolova : "It is not known if I would go with the team to Japan or not. This issue is being discussed, it will depend on my health. Everything will be decided in the coming days." (Р-Спорт).

She´s already in Turkey with her family now.

Kosheleva has intentions to go to Tokyo though, even if she is injured, maybe she will not play anyway but her will and fighting spirit is impressive.

• She´s already in Turkey with her family now.

Kosheleva has intentions to go to Tokyo though, even if she is injured, maybe she will not play anyway but her will and fighting spirit is impressive.

That's very admirable of Kosheleva. Wishing the best for her :)

• Unfortunalety, the injury is so bad that Kosheleva cant follow to Japan even if she wanted, its now decied.

She will travel alone 15th may to Tokyo, the rest of the team travels 12th may. She will get treatment in Russia first.

• Hope she get well as soon as possible :rose:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• but once in Japan will she be able to play??

She says she is not good right now, but that she hopes the doctors will make it alright, time will tell! Her intentions is obviously to go there to help the team on court!

• She says she is not good right now, but that she hopes the doctors will make it alright, time will tell! Her intentions is obviously to go there to help the team on court!

ok thank you...let's see! I hope she recovers soon, it is always so bad to see such talented players injured!