Russian NT 2012

• 15.05.12 The Interview with No. 7 Hottest Russian in Sports

[In my opinion No. 6 isn`t sexy... :white:]

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

Edited 2 times, last by Latvian ().

• Now that Russia's finally qualified to the olympics, I'm still wondering if Ovchinnikov will bring 2 liberos to London. Kryuchkova is obviously the main libero but If ever Kabeshova will go to London as well, can she play as main libero in some matches? although Estes and Goncharova were spectacular in Japan olympic qualification, I'd still stick with Sokolova-Kosheleva as main OHs (although Zhenya and Natasha would be very, very good back-up. Goncharova can be back-up OPP and OH).

Unfortunately, Morozova and Babeshina won't be able able to play in London. although the difference they could make in olympic roster are not so big, I think that "small' difference could be crucial in some important matches.

• I'm still wondering if Ovchinnikov will bring 2 liberos to London. Kryuchkova is obviously the main libero but If ever Kabeshova will go to London as well, can she play as main libero in some matches?

He can take two, but isn't the rule that only one player is libero for whole tournament? Look at Beijing Olympics. Italy, Japan, Cuba and USA took two liberos, but only one in each team was Libero during tournament (Cardullo, Sano, Mesa, Davis) and the second one was OH (Croce, Sakurai, Ortiz, Sykora). I suppose that in London nothing will change, so if Ovchinnikov takes both Kryuckova and Ulanova (Kabeshova), probably Kryuchkova will be L and Ulanova OH - receiving substition. Regulations about liberos changed, I know about it that now in 12 can be 2 liberos, in that way plays for example Thailand (Piyanut and Wanna), but in OG I think nothing is changed.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Regulations about liberos changed, I know about it that now in 12 can be 2 liberos, in that way plays for example Thailand (Piyanut and Wanna), but in OG I think nothing is changed.

From what I read from the London 2012 Organising Committee, the Volleyball competition will be held in accordance with the latest/updated edition of the FIVB Rules of the Game that is in force at the time of the Games, so my expectation is that the new libero rules will apply.

• For sure this system can help few teams, from these which will play on Olympics it will benefit especially Turkey. Only this team play with two liebros: Gulden/Gizem. Who knows, maybe another team will use it if is available.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It´s really sad, but the tension in the squad, and teamwork overall on the court, was better in Tokyo without her so, maybe its good after all for Russia, in some way.

I don't agree with you..Sokolova is the most important player for Russian team..Yes, you didn't read wrong, for me she is even more important than Gamova..She is the only stable receiver in the team while she contributes well at attacking too..We saw the results in 09 and 11 ECHs..Russia couldn't reach semi final even though they had Kosheleva,Gamova and Safronova in 2009 and Gamova,Goncharova,Makhno in 2011..I think it is a very big loss for them..I am curious what they will do..Probably Estes will replace her 'cause after Sokolova she is the best reciever OH..

• i agree she is very important to the NT especially this olympics...

i hope she does change her mind...

look back when ECH ..she said that she may play but in the end she did not

now she said that she will not play...i hope it will be the other side....:)

• I don't agree with you..Sokolova is the most important player for Russian team..Yes, you didn't read wrong, for me she is even more important than Gamova..She is the only stable receiver in the team while she contributes well at attacking too..We saw the results in 09 and 11 ECHs..Russia couldn't reach semi final even though they had Kosheleva,Gamova and Safronova in 2009 and Gamova,Goncharova,Makhno in 2011..I think it is a very big loss for them..I am curious what they will do..Probably Estes will replace her 'cause after Sokolova she is the best reciever OH..

Please Kadir, read again and u will understand what I meant with my words. I totally agree with u that Sokolova is their best allround player, and she might have the same, or even higher importance as Gamova and Kosheleva. BUT as I wrote above, she dont get along with some of the players and then its probably better for the team to play without her, as we saw in Tokyo, where their cooperation was much better than in Turkey.

• The tension is caused by Sokolova ? :white: :white: I don't believe it at all. What I know about that tension, it is caused by Gamova and Goncharova..

Well, then u know wrong because Gamova/Goncharova is not the only ones in the Russian squad that dont get along with each other I can say.

You can belive what u want, but what I heard from a very reliable source is that Tanya Kosheleva and Liuba didnt get along in Turkey because they both wanted each other to receive most. Tanya said she wanted to focus on attack because she was injured, but Liuba said she decided how it should be, and wasnt intrested at all, so Tanya had to do it no matter what problems she had.

• Well, then u know wrong because Gamova/Goncharova is not the only ones in the Russian squad that dont get along with each other I can say.

You can belive what u want, but what I heard from a very reliable source is that Tanya Kosheleva and Liuba didnt get along in Turkey because they both wanted each other to receive most. Tanya said she wanted to focus on attack because she was injured, but Liuba said she decided how it should be, and wasnt intrested at all, so Tanya had to do it no matter what problems she had.

ohw thats awfull...

does the coach have authority?...

i mean he should control the players.i mean you know

• Well, then u know wrong because Gamova/Goncharova is not the only ones in the Russian squad that dont get along with each other I can say.

OMG! :D It sounds really childish :white: And I believe the problem can be solved..I mean ,they have been playing with each other for many years and it shouldn't be that hard to get along well before such an important tournament like Olympics, if we think that Sokolova DOES want that gold medal so much..

• ohw thats awfull...

does the coach have authority?...

i mean he should control the players.i mean you know

He has in some way obviously, to the "lower" players, but to players like Gamova/Sokolova he has clearly not. I think its something u really can see during timeouts too.

• OMG! :D It sounds really childish :white: And I believe the problem can be solved..I mean ,they have been playing with each other for many years and it shouldn't be that hard to get along well before such an important tournament like Olympics, if we think that Sokolova DOES want that gold medal so much..

I think her desire to win gold medals isnt the biggest anymore either actually...she has understand there is other things in life and that the most important is to have fun, her mentality is pretty different to many other in Russia which is one of the reasons she only played there 2yrs. last 13 yrs. which is very unusual for russians to play so much abroad. In Russia many think she is a "drama queen" that complains way too much.

• oh i see..
    well i know only one who could control all their ego's.... :thumbup:

Ah, Karpol :D

Maybe Titschenko, Godina or Estes could be great alternatives for the future if they want? Godina was assistant coach for Moscow already last season, and she has authority at least.