Russian NT 2012

• but anton what do you think?
    is there a chance that she will change her mind?

i mean according in the translation of the link
    Fadeev said that "I do not know whether it will join the team later"

Its very hard to say. I asked her for around 3 weeks ago if she should play in OG and then she just answered with a smiley so Im very surprised by this news. It must have happend something last weeks, I guess it depends if its a problem that can be solved or not. I hope so!

• Its very hard to say. I asked her for around 3 weeks ago if she should play in OG and then she just answered with a smiley so Im very surprised by this news. It must have happend something last weeks, I guess it depends if its a problem that can be solved or not. I hope so!

so i guess from now on i will start praying for her....

• and including on it is..that Artamonova will be in her 90's form.. :super:

She can achieve it, in Japan her performance was quite good, I think she almost got her place in OG roster in London

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Btw Gamova got a 5m giant statue raised after her in Moscow today and to celebrate it was also said she should play a beachvolley match today together with Maxim Mikhailov against Kerri Walsh and some other guy. But Gamova declined the match unfortunalety.

• As a player, of course she will be missed...If she could reach her best shaoe at the Olympics, she would be very helpfull.

But I understand totally what Anton said....definetly Russia seemed more harmonic during the tournament in Japan, maybe It was cause they were better prepared..I dont know.

Anyway, If Estes can keep the level game she showed in Japan, I think Russia is in good hands.

• karpol has not been the coach of the russian team now for several years the team cannot rely on him forever to discipline them

• I thought this rift among Russian players is already over now that Goncharova and Gamova have learned to get along peacefully with each other so I was shocked to learn about this news with Sokolova and Kosheleva. :( I seriously believe Sokolova is the most important player to Russia. I love Zhenya and although she showed good performance in Tokyo, I think she is not enough to contribute in attack against much stronger teams. I hope the team will resolve all their personal conflicts with each other before the olympics. Ugh. Such heartbreaking news :wall: :aww:

• Part of being a veteran is being able to deal with multiple egos and personalities. It sort of surprises me that such issue is what is keeping Solokova away from the team considering how much experience she has. In Tokyo Gamova and Goncharova looked MUCH better in their body language towards each other. If such open hostility can be overcome between those two I would expect Solokova would be able to do the same for the sake of the team. Hope Liubov has a change of mind because Russia has a good a chance as anyone if they play their cards right.

• Nelly Alisheva, Daria Isaeva and Viktoria Chaplina joins the team for the upcoming training and matches:
    http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_s…-k-sbornoy-Rossi?ref=_32_

Have they any chances to play in London?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Have they any chances to play in London?

No, I dont think so. Alisheva can only play OPP, and she has no chance to take Gamova and Goncharovas spots. Chaplina is a very good receiver, but lacks too much in attack. Isaeva is young and can be good, but right now she has no real strengths on highest level.

• BREAKING NEWS: Our legend Lyubov Sokolova confirmed not to play for London Olympic because of her private reason. We sure that it is a big loss not only for the team but also for all of us, moreover, we understand everyone not even sinking in right now. BUT, we all have to accept the fact, and wish her good luck. Good-Bye Lyubov Sokolova.

source: Volleyrussia facebook page http://www.facebook.com/VOLLEYRUSSIA

;( :S :(

• And good.

Russia NT needs real Fighters whos eyes will burn during matches.

Sokolova lately behaviours like Princess. I will play I won't play in NT, I will say in first may weekend where I will play and didn't decide etc.

Estes is solid Player with strong character and Players like Her Russia needs.

We say Stars No. Dream Team were in 2008 Olympics and We know how it ended.

• It doesn't happen often, but I agree with you. No doubt that Sokolova is a very good and important player, but players are not robots, the interpersonal aspect in a team is more important than individual demands. If Kosheleva recovers in time, Russia will have no problems, and there are also Estes, Goncharova and Makhno who all showed in WOQT that they are willing to give everything for OG.

• It doesn't happen often, but I agree with you. No doubt that Sokolova is a very good and important player, but players are not robots, the interpersonal aspect in a team is more important than individual demands. If Kosheleva recovers in time, Russia will have no problems, and there are also Estes, Goncharova and Makhno who all showed in WOQT that they are willing to give everything for OG.

True. It's a pity that unlike other teams who are riddled with injuries, Russia have "easier" problems to solve. But I guess I'm wrong. I guess this is the time where the team should make the necessary adjustments without Sokolova. Hope the other players could play to their fullest potential specially Estes and Kosheleva. :)

• I agree with u guys what u already said, its sad but needed.

Remember Liuba have been playing for Russia NT in big competitions since Atlanta 1996, and its really time for young stars to take over now. This will be the first olympics since Barcelona 1992 Russia will play without Liuba, and I guess its best for the future to get used to not rely on Liuba and try to create new legends/leaders instead. I dont think it will affect their play too much either, with Goncharova in attack and Estes in backrow, its not a big difference I think.