The 2012-2013 Transfer News

• Busto needs an Italian as MB...only Marcon and Leonardi are Italians so far and they need at least 3 italians.

• But either way, also last season Busto did not have the biggest stars, part of their success was their good teamwork and that every player had a role according to her capabilities, and I think it can be the same next season with the new players :win:

I think the situation is a bit different, both Havelkova and Havlickova was 23-24 and "green" at the highest stage while had shown already in previous seasons they could be something big in the future. They was pretty "hidden" players that played very good outside the very limelight. Both Kozuch and Brinker is now 26, have been there done that already (esp. Kozuch), its not as promising for me, but obviously Parisi thinks different, time will show if he was right ^^

• Busto needs an Italian as MB...only Marcon and Leonardi are Italians so far and they need at least 3 italians.

So, Arrighetti, Barazza, Garzaro or like this..^^

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Ok, Aneta leaves Busto :wacko:
    But she 's welcome on Côte d'Azur 8o 8o 8o
    Why not (to take Anja's spot) ?

• So, Arrighetti, Barazza, Garzaro or like this..^^

Busto's first choice is Arrighetti..

the second one Garzaro

if Busto cannot no one of these 2,they'll try to resigned with Dall'Ora..

• I don't agree, I think they are good choices. Busto still has Leonardi and Marcon, two fantastic receivers, and Brinker also made good improvement in that element last year even though she still is not perfect. We discussed about Kozuch here earlier, I said many times she is a limited player, but I am sure with Lloyd as setter she can show a good performance. Actually last season when I saw how fast Lloyd played even with Havlickova I already thought she would be a good setter for Kozuch ;) I'm really happy for Kozuch and Brinker that they get the chance to play in such a great team and also with a great coach, it will help them a lot. And with Arrighetti or Garzaro instead of Dall'Ora, Busto won't have any weak link, in fact I think they can be quite successful in Champions League too.

Leonardi is a fantastic reciever? :white: Come on she is just an average reciever if she was really fantastic Barbolini wouldn't need to hide her in last ECH.For me she is just fantastic as digger same for Maj and Gizem.They also needs to improve their reception much to be fantastic.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Juliann Faucette will surprise you! :box: She'll be in Busto's starting six for sure, while Brinker will sit on the bench.

• Leonardi was more than fantastic in reception in Urbino 2010/2011 season, but her level declined clearly this season, but she was doing a lot of work there, receiving even more than Marcon, to her defense.

• Serie A 2011/2012 Libero Stats

Please refer to the stats above and you'll see that Leonardi is DEFINITELY among the top liberi in the league in terms of reception!

• Come on people, have you watched Busto last season??? When Havelkova was injured, Marcon and Leonardi received alone all the time and both of them put up very good numbers. Just because Barbolini does not like Leonardi for whatever reason, it doesn't mean she's not a good libero.

Thanks USAFAN for the stats, as you can see Leonardi received over 800 balls over the season, that is 300 more than any other libero, and that with about 50% perfect receptions. How is she not a great receiver then??

• Leonardi was more than fantastic in reception in Urbino 2010/2011 season, but her level declined clearly this season, but she was doing a lot of work there, receiving even more than Marcon, to her defense.

But the problem the balls that Serie A uses are really comfortable to make good reception especially to risky float serves.I remember Mirka Francia had %50-60 excellant reception there years ago :lol: but when players leave Serie A and than start to play in NT competitions they generally have problems with FIVB's balls in reception.Actually i don't know why Italy still use this balls since %99 of world use FIVB's offical balls :whistle:

• Thanks USAFAN for the stats, as you can see Leonardi received over 800 balls over the season, that is 300 more than any other libero, and that with about 50% perfect receptions. How is she not a great receiver then??

Playing for Urbino in 2010/2011 season she had 64% perf. receptions in over 500 receives :obey:

• But the problem the balls that Serie A uses are really comfortable to make good reception especially to risky float serves.I remember Mirka Francia had %50-60 excellant reception there years ago :lol: but when players leave Serie A and than start to play in NT competitions they generally have problems with FIVB's balls in reception.Actually i don't know why Italy still use this balls since %99 of world use FIVB's offical balls :whistle:

How could I forget that you can only be considered good if you play in Turkish League :)

• But the problem the balls that Serie A uses are really comfortable to make good reception especially to risky float serves.I remember Mirka Francia had %50-60 excellant reception there years ago :lol: but when players leave Serie A and than start to play in NT competitions they generally have problems with FIVB's balls in reception.Actually i don't know why Italy still use this balls since %99 of world use FIVB's offical balls :whistle:

But it doesnt change the fact that she was best receiving libero 2010/2011 season though ;)

I agree with that..The ball that is used in Italian league seems more comfortable if we compare it with FIVB ball..For example it seemed that Usic had a great receiving stats in Italian league but her performance in Turkey was disappointing even against weak teams..She barely had %35 and over reception stats against top teams in Turkey..

• Yeah a volleyball expert Barbolini is wrong than :whistle: He worked 5-6 months together with Leonardi and didn't realize her fantastic reception skill how interesting.For me Leonardi is much weaker as reciever than Cardullo,Croce,Merlo,Zilio etc. It's really TOO early to mention her as fantastic reciever she didn't prove anything yet both european and international cups to be '' Fantastic '' that's the fact.

• How could I forget that you can only be considered good if you play in Turkish League :)

No i think you confused me with ''Canter '' ;) I try to follow all leagues and all players as much as i can so nothing is based only to '' Turkish league'' in my volleyball understanding.As you can see Leonardi is in my favourites list but it will not change the truth now that she is not a fantastic reciever.