The 2012-2013 Transfer News

• Kazan has only Gamova and maybe Kosheleva as scorer...so how Kazan is the strongest one??
    on paper, Kazan is not the strongest.VTT,EcV,Azerrail and even with transfering one stronger spiker Gs are stronger than Kazan..Because they have more attackers than Russian team.

• Kazan has only Gamova and maybe Kosheleva as scorer...so how Kazan is the strongest one??
    on paper, Kazan is not the strongest.VTT,EcV,Azerrail and even with transfering one stronger spiker Gs are stronger than Kazan..Because they have more attackers than Russian team.

I dont know if this post is worth a serious answer when Kosheleva is "maybe" a scorer. The player who averaged 24p/game with 46% in attack in Russian SL last season and broke the record for most points in a match in a european league. The only player outside Korea to score more than Tanya last season was Beth De La Cruz. Calderon, Sheila, Hooker? Not even close. She was also best spiker in last World Champ. 2010 and top3 in last time she played in CL 2009/2010. The other player, Gamova, is maybe the greatest pointscoring machine of all time.

I think the last problem Kazan will have upcoming season is with scoring. Just to mention Kazan will not be better than Vakifbank because of problems with scoring or "less scoring alternatives" is just epic fail. Kazan can get all balls in the whole game to Kosheleva and Gamova and they will still be more effective than Brakocevic, Saori, Nikolic, Bahar and Furst together.

All in all, when u have pointscoring-machines like Gamova and Kosheleva, two fantastic attackers and three decent is MORE than enough, Russia have shown that last 10 yrs. for ex. with Sokolova/Gamova.

By the way, Kazan took a bronze medal in CL this season and then Makhno played instead of Kosheleva and Moroz instead of Bown, two drastic improvements. Kosheleva scored 300p more than Makhno this season in the same amount of matches. They also have a better setter this year, so about Kazans chances I can only say like Gamova herself "gold is realistic, how can it even be a discussion?".

• Gamova and Kosheleva are score machines but Glinka not? :D :D As we saw in F4 two players aren't enough to get title even though one of them is Gamova (Larson had a fantastic F4)..Borodakova is a good blocker but she has never been such scorer like Fürst..One more thing,Vakıfbank's defence will be much stronger next season..We already have Gözde and Gizem who are fantastic defenders + Saori..I am quite sure this trio will rock at defencing next year..

Anyway, let's see what will happen next year..

• Borisenko isnt great at attcking.She is rarely used. Bown is good attacker but neither a Poljak nor Gioli.

IMO gioli is not that great blocker anymore .. and furst not a top attacker. only poljak is good in both fundamentals. Besides kazan still has regina moroz (azerrail fans may remember her :lol: )
    the fact is that kazan respects the limit for foreign players in russian superleague and therefore is not as competitive as turkish teams

• Gamova and Kosheleva are score machines but Glinka not? :D :D As we saw in F4 two players aren't enough to get title even though one of them is Gamova (Larson had a fantastic F4)..Borodakova is a good blocker but she has never been such scorer like Fürst..One more thing,Vakıfbank's defence will be much stronger next season..We already have Gözde and Gizem who are fantastic defenders + Saori..I am quite sure this trio will rock at defencing next year..

Anyway, let's see what will happen next year..

1. Glinka is not confirmed in Vakifbank for next season yet.

2. "two players is not enough" - please, that Kazan only took bronze with a horrible setter and Makhno in the team says nothing, and how can that specifik tournament be a evidence for how the reality is? So, all the times Gamova/one more player has attacked alone like when Uralochka/Moscow was a force in CL or in Russia NT, suddenly is worth nothing just because a very limited Kazan lost? Just substitute Makhno with Kosheleva and the difference is huge.

3. Borisenko not a good spiker? She was best spiker in Russian SL last season, before players like Akinradewo and Strashmira Filipova. There is better than her ofc, but she is not bad at all! She just needs the right sets.

• [quote='Aerthur_Bergamo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=162103#post162103]Eva Yaneva official in JT Marvelous.
    source: http://www.sb-community.com/in…&catid=1:latest&Itemid=32

Eva Yaneva has already met a Japanese man!

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• 1. Glinka is not confirmed in Vakifbank for next season yet.

2. "two players is not enough" - please, that Kazan only took bronze with a horrible setter and Makhno in the team says nothing, and how can that specifik tournament be a evidence for how the reality is? So, all the times Gamova/one more player has attacked alone like when Uralochka/Moscow was a force in CL or in Russia NT, suddenly is worth nothing just because a very limited Kazan lost? Just substitute Makhno with Kosheleva and the difference is huge.

3. Borisenko not a good spiker? She was best spiker in Russian SL last season, before players like Akinradewo and Strashmira Filipova. There is better than her ofc, but she is not bad at all! She just needs the right sets.

As I said Let's wait and see :drink:

• As I said Let's wait and see :drink:

Yepp, everything can happen and I dont say Kazan will finish before your lovely turkish teams, but just that if they dont, its probably more because of problems in reception or something than problems with scoring.

• "lovely turkish teams" :rolll:

Truth is that Kazan is stronger that Vakifbank at the moment because of stability in roster. Time will show if Vakifbank will be or won't be like 2010 Novara.

Truth is that Kazan is stronger that Vakifbank at the moment because of stability in roster. Time will show if Vakifbank will be or won't be like 2010 Novara.

I also doubt their transfer of Jovana Brakocevic. She had her glory days in World Grand Prix/ECH last year when she was fantastic but thats about it. Bad season in Conegliano 09/10, bad WCH 2010, bad season in China 10/11 and even worse in Japan 11/12, and she wasnt good in EQT or WQT for Serbia this year either. Rather very ineffective.

I know Jovana has a lot of potential, its obvious when u see her, but will she use it? I doubt it. For me, it can be a huge success, but its more likely with the opposite.

• According to me Heather Bown is no more in MB top 5 ...
    But of course it's an elite player. So Borisenko + Bown it's very strong ! :wavy:
    In the top 5, I would put Poljak, Gioli and Bauer
    And I hope Jenny Barazza can recover her former shape for OG ... :super:

• @Anton
    the problem is that Russian league is not a certain reference to guess what Kazan will do in champions league.
    well,
    1.Borisenko could be the best scorer but only in Russian league ,not more or beyond that.
    2.i havent seen a great play by Koseleva except WCh 2010 (Gamova+Sokolova).(sorry for making you sad :win: )
    3.Gamova cant get the title by her own.She is a defendable player anymore in comparison with the previous times.She is getting old.

you arent impressing me any more dear bartek...
    i wonder how the result would be ıf your lovely team Uralockha were in CL and had played agains VTT...12-13-14 :P :rolll:

• I also doubt their transfer of Jovana Brakocevic. She had her glory days in World Grand Prix/ECH last year when she was fantastic but thats about it. Bad season in Conegliano 09/10, bad WCH 2010, bad season in China 10/11 and even worse in Japan 11/12, and she wasnt good in EQT or WQT for Serbia this year either. Rather very ineffective.

I know Jovana has a lot of potential, its obvious when u see her, but will she use it? I doubt it. For me, it can be a huge success, but its more likely with the opposite.

Glinka-Brakoceviç-Nikoliç-Gözde-Saori-Fürst:Gamova-Koseleva-Larson-Bown....just on paper....(oh no pls dont let me be misunderstood) :whistle:
    about Brakoceviç: im also not a fan of hers...i wonder about how her performance will be in Turkey.

• I also doubt their transfer of Jovana Brakocevic. She had her glory days in World Grand Prix/ECH last year when she was fantastic but thats about it. Bad season in Conegliano 09/10, bad WCH 2010, bad season in China 10/11 and even worse in Japan 11/12, and she wasnt good in EQT or WQT for Serbia this year either. Rather very ineffective.

I agree with this the transfer of Saori Kimura was already enough to me Brakocevic is not necessary i know she won the mvp of last year's ech but honestly ognejovic, nikolic and rasic were much more critical to serbia's success than her, at best she is just a role player nothing more 8)