The 2012-2013 Transfer News

• Bauer played a great season, but - like StarNight - I think Lloyd contributed alot to Bauer's performances..

Poljak was 'lucky' to play with Elif...

Except coöperation with setter...I think Maja is more athletically.

• I don't think that Bauer is playing so good only because of Lloyd. I remember her impressive performances even before she came to Italy. And I was really surprised that last year in Busto she started season on the bench. Fortunately in the end of the season she was starting six player and had good sats with Valentina Serena as a setter.

• Come on, Bauer played a great season because of Lloyd? Bauer just rocked this season and It would have been the same even If her setter were not Lloyd.
    Bauer is only 24 years old and can develop a lot, Let's see what she will show us. For now, I don't agree that She is better than Poljak. But maybe a couple of years later...It can be true. Well, at least I can say She is far better than Cansu right now.

I definitely agree with Sander by the way. Poljak is too lucky to play with Elif. (In a completely sarcastic way for sure)

• yeah agreed. Bauer had a great season not because of Lloyd. She's already one of the top MBs of the world. Maybe even in top 5 in Europe but Maja Poljak is a living legend! She's the best of the world in my opinion. Yeah no doubt shes better than Büşra but it's meaningless for Eczacıbaşı to spend money for 2 foreign MBs. One of them wont play in the league for sure. And Büşra is improving day by day. She's 21 and hopefully will be better in the future ^^

• I Personally prefer Cansu to Toksoy. Hopefully She learns a lot from Maja Poljak. It's lucky to have a teacher like Poljak.

• Come on, Bauer played a great season because of Lloyd? Bauer just rocked this season and It would have been the same even If her setter were not Lloyd.

Just keep her next to Sheshenina or Elif and than watch what goes around :rolll: Good setters have an amazing effect to their middle blocker's game.It's not a big problem for spikers to play with average setters but MBs can't do the same.I think the biggest example was Akinradewo this season she can't show her real potential in Krasnador duo to weak setters after Startseva and when she will start to play with Berg in NT she will keep her best form again :win:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Just keep her next to Sheshenina or Elif and than watch what goes around :rolll: Good setters have an amazing effect to their middle blocker's game.It's not a big problem for spikers to play with average setters but MBs can't do the same.I think the biggest example was Akinradewo this season she can't show her real potential in Krasnador duo to weak setters after Startseva and when she will start to play with Berg in NT she will keep her best form again :win:

I somehow agree with your opinion, but I don't really think Bauer's incredible performances were mainly caused by Lloyd. Well, as you see I've become a huge fan of Lloyd, but It was obviously visible that Bauer would have played well even if her setter were Elif or Sheshenina. I doubt how many balls Elif will pass to Bauer though. She barely uses the middle :thumbdown:

• You are right, she was important player, but that also show how much high level coaches are in the World, after 2004 Caprara took over Russian's and he was not able to use her. Something that most trainers have also with players from dutch national team, they play with Selinger and they are great they go to the club and they are just average.

actualy she was asked by caprara and is in training with the NT back then (2005 or2006)..back she backed out because of pregnancy :rose:

• She's better than both.

Forgive Her please. She saw Vesna's stats and... tonight She decided to try.. first time ever to drink Muszynianka's water. After 1st time is..like U see but after 2,3 will be much better believe Me. Give Her chance :rolll:

• Just keep her next to Sheshenina or Elif and than watch what goes around :rolll: Good setters have an amazing effect to their middle blocker's game.It's not a big problem for spikers to play with average setters but MBs can't do the same.I think the biggest example was Akinradewo this season she can't show her real potential in Krasnador duo to weak setters after Startseva and when she will start to play with Berg in NT she will keep her best form again :win:

Agree! I also think that good setters make MBs seem better. For example, thanks to Lo bianco, Gökçen and Nilay seemed like very good MBs according to stats but it is really obvious that both are really average players. Especially Gökçen!

For Bauer case, since she is not an impressive blocker,but scorer, I can not give whole credit to her for good performance in this season. Because she was very average player when she plays for French NT and Mulhouse :whistle:

Poljak played amazing although her setter is Elif :mad:

• My personal opinion! For now Christina BAUER is one of the best middle-blockers in the world both at attacking and blocking! Maybe in top 3! She played three amazing season and she is one of the leaders of her team!

• My personal opinion! For now Christina BAUER is one of the best middle-blockers in the world both at attacking and blocking! Maybe in top 3! She played three amazing season and she is one of the leaders of her team!

I agree. Of course, playing with Lloyd allowed her to shine even more this season, but that is true for every MB! Good setters need good attacking MBs and vice versa to show the best performance. And Bauer is also a very good blocker, maybe not yet as good as Poljak but definitely a very good one.

• well ... and Lo Bianco + Gioli ? :box:

• When talking about European best MB I think there are many but some of the best are.. Gioli, Furst, Erdem, Poljak, Rasic, Veljkovic, Bahar (not so impressive attack, but still effective, not to talk about the serve!!). Bauer had a great season, but she does not block well and her serve is very weak. Gioli is a monster when it comes to attacking but she also can block..