USA NT 2012

• GP Preliminary Roster

U.S. Women’s National Team Preliminary Roster for 2012 FIVB World Grand Prix
    # - Name (Position, Height, Hometown, College)
    1 - Alisha Glass (S, 6-0, Leland, Mich., Penn State)
    2 – Danielle Scott-Arruda (MB, 6-2, Baton Rouge, La., Long Beach State)
    3 - Tayyiba Haneef-Park (Opp, 6-7, Laguna Hills, Calif., Long Beach State)
    4 – Lindsey Berg (S, 5-8, Honolulu, Hawaii, Minnesota)
    5 – Stacy Sykora (L, 5-10, Burleson, Texas, Texas A&M)
    6 - Nicole Davis (L, 5-4, Stockton, Calif., Southern California)
    7 - Heather Bown (MB, 6-3, Yorba Linda, Calif., Hawaii)
    8 – Cynthia Barboza (OH, 6-0, Long Beach, Calif., Stanford)
    9 - Jennifer Tamas (MB, 6-4, Milpitas, Calif., Pacific)
    10 - Kim Glass (OH, 6-2, Lancaster, Pa., Arizona)
    11 - Jordan Larson (OH, 6-2, Hooper, Neb., Nebraska)
    12 - Nancy Metcalf (Opp, 6-1, Hull, Iowa, Nebraska)
    13 - Christa Harmotto (MB, 6-2, Hopewell, Pa., Penn State)
    14 - Nicole Fawcett (Opp, 6-4, Zanesfield, Ohio, Penn State)
    15 - Logan Tom (OH, 6-1, Salt Lake City, Utah, Stanford)
    16 - Foluke Akinradewo (MB, 6-3, Plantation, Fla., Stanford)
    17 – Carli Lloyd (S, 5-11, Bonsall, Calif., California-Berkeley)
    18 - Megan Hodge (OH, 6-3, Durham, N.C., Penn State)
    19 - Destinee Hooker (Opp, 6-4, San Antonio, Texas, Texas)
    20 – Alix Klineman (OH, 6-4, Manhattan Beach, Calif., Stanford)
    21 - Tamari Miyashiro (L, 5-7, Kaneohe, Hawaii, Washington)
    22 – Courtney Thompson (S, 5-8, Kent, Wash., Washington)
    23 - Mary ‘Nellie’ Spicer (S, 5-9, Barrington, Ill., UCLA)
    24 – Kristin Richards (OH, 6-1, Orem, Utah, Stanford)
    25 – Lauren Gibbemeyer (MB, 6-2, St. Paul, Minn., Minnesota)

Head Coach: Hugh McCutcheon (Christchurch, New Zealand)
    Assistant Coach: Karch Kiraly (San Clemente, Calif.)
    Assistant Coach: Paula Weishoff (Irvine, Calif.)

• Nice to see Lloyd and Klineman right there :heart: Hopefully they can have chances to play.

• Lloyd is a very balanced setter, If she gains more experiences in NT, She would be a monster setter. Hopefully she can learn a lot from Berg,as we all imagine that they will be together in NT camp. What a luck the US has. Berg,A.Glass,Lloyd,Spicer,Thompson,Mcginnis...TOO many talented setters.

• What a luxury :P :P :P

Potentially best roster worldwide without any doubt :!:

Very difficult to select a starting-six, but I would prefer experience, in preparation of the OG London:

Berg - Hooker

Akinradewo - Bown

Larsson - Tom

Sykora

• very balanced team, hope they win the gold this year :super:

• what a team, congratulations :D

• USA is definetly is the strongest 12 team...so many names!!!! It will be hard for McCutcheon.

BTW where is McGinnis? Anyone knows?

As far as I know she quit volleyball after marriage. What a pity she was as talented as Lloyd :down:

In my opinion Harmotto deserves more than Bown to be in starting six :whistle: she was suberb after second half of the Serie A

• McGinnis played the beginning of last season with Azerrail and suffered a knee injury. She never returned and hadn't really been involved with the NT since 2008-2009.

Harmotto definitely had a fantastic season in Italy but Hugh is a conservative coach and it would be a bit risky to start two rookie middle blockers at the Olympics. I definitely hope that Harmotto makes the team as the third MB over Scott-Arruda and definitely over Tamas.

• I dont remember which organization it was. But last year maybe World Cup or WGP, USA were really strong in the group phase and they were clearly the favorites, but somehow in the final stage they lost ! I dont know what the problem was because its so far awys, but if they can solve those problemes. then they are clearly my favorites for the Olympics !

• I've been a fan of USA volleyball for more than a decade.... I can say that it's definitely a nice time to be a USA fan right now. ^^

Such a great list of players. But if there is a position on that roster that in my opinion, will carry the most burden for this team, and determine how successful they will be... it's outside hitter.

Outside Hitters:
    Logan Tom
    Jordan Larson

I know, I know... the setter runs the team... and the opposite attacks the most balls... and the middles have contributed to making USA one of the best blocking teams in the world...

Still, I think outside hitter is singularly, the most demanding position on this USA team. To put it simply, they are not only expected to pass, hit, dig, serve and block, but they also have to set well out of system.

This is just my opinion of course. But I think these two players, individually and collectively, could very well be the quiet heroes of this team.

Go USA!

• USA rocks! :thumbsup:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I like your roster with the exception of that Libero position. I'd rather have Davis there instead of Sykora.

• I agree with you that will carry most burden, because that is weakest position on US team.

• Wow what a great team!! I'm so happy for Klineman (she carried basically alone Pesaro this season) and for Lloyd as she is doing incredible things in Busto.. :) :obey:

• Still, I think outside hitter is singularly, the most demanding position on this USA team. To put it simply, they are not only expected to pass, hit, dig, serve and block, but they also have to set well out of system.

This is just my opinion of course. But I think these two players, individually and collectively, could very well be the quiet heroes of this team.

Go USA!

Tom and Larson are also the TWO starters that USA cannot afford to get injured. Because after them, the quality of the outside hitters drop off considerably.

Hodge, Kim Glass, Barboza, Klineman are good players but will have impossible shoes to fill if Tom or Larson or both get injured.

• I agree with you that will carry most burden, because that is weakest position on US team.

Are you kidding, Vaio :what: Tom and Larson are the best OH couple among other national teams :roll:

• i'm not kidding, read careful what I said, sometimes and for some people is best to read some sentence more times in order to understand what somebody is saying.