USA NT 2012

• I'm so sorry for Heather ;( Everyone knows She is better than Scott, maybe Hugh does as well... I'm also sorry for Alisha Glass. Both of them must have been really disappointed.

• I'm so sorry for Heather ;( Everyone knows She is better than Scott, maybe Hugh does as well... I'm also sorry for Alisha Glass. Both of them must have been really disappointed.

I really don't think that Bown is better than Scott...Even if now they are on comparable level Scott seemed to be in better shape during Grand Prix. In the past Scott was better MB :!:

• Unfortunately, this is the destiny of players from big Volleyball nations. They can be among the best players of the world on their position, but still they might not be among the best 12 of their country :S
    Really sorry for Bown, Glass and all others who didn't make it...why can't they just play for Great Britain team instead?? :D

• This is truth, USA has so many stars in the roster... :thumbsup: Metcalf, A.Glass, K. Glass, Bown, Tamas, Richards...I think all of them would go to London if they weren't from USA. I think even in Brazil NT they would have their spot in the "12" for the OG...Especially Alisha Glass would be useful for Brazil since the setter is the weakest position in this team :P

• USA should lend players to other teams XD Italy needs a setter for example

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

Yes, Russia needs a setter too, as well as top class middle blockers. Bown and Tamas would be perfect :P Japan can take Metcalf and Kim Glass because there is a lack of high players in this team :)

Now, I can say very serious that USA shouldn't lend their setters and instead of this they should keep Lloyd or Glass in their own team :whistle:

• Glass is better than Lloyd!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Alisha Glass out!! WTF

Italy needs much more an OPP!!!

• Well, this is quite surprising !!!

Thompson over Glass. But Hugh has a system in his mind and this just shows his intellegence in order how to build a system for the games. It seems like Thompson is better as dub-sub than Glass. I was quite sure that Glass will make to London, she played in WGP. But maybe Hugh wanted to see if she suits to his system ! Very clever indeed :teach:

I am inclined to agree with you. I think the key word is "system".

I think Glass is quite good. But Thompson was likely chosen because she performed better in the role that Hugh was looking for -- she sets well coming off the bench cold, she has a good serve, good defense. She's fiery and provides a spark.

Her selection may not be a popular decision among fans but as soon as she puts on that USA shirt, I know I will be cheering. I hope Thompson proves naysayers wrong and plays to her potential at the Games. :)

I am very very happy for Harmotto. She is a great MB and developed very much in the past 12 months. She and Akin will no doubt the future of USA and contenders for 2016. I am very happy to see Scott over Bown. I think Scott has better attack abilities and is better in defense than Bown. Although both are great blockers, but Scott seems to have one more advantage than Bown.

I would not be surprised if the level of the two players are very close and that the decision came down to who was the healthier option..

This will be her 5th - as i remember - olympic games and the only us-american volleyball player as well! Congrats for her. She is really amazing at her age, which only shows that age aint nothing but a number.

I think that applies to a minority of players like Scott who are freaks of nature (and I say that in a good way!). She has been very disciplined about taking care of her body and she has also been really lucky about staying injury-free. 5 Olympics is a great accomplishment! :super:

• Is there any other 5 times OG participant in volleyball? or maybe 6 times :white:

My offer still lasts :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Check out this video at 47s. Logan and Berg are so funny there :D

Teaching Team USA athletes to speak cockney rhyming slang. For those of you who might not know the translation of the phrase, it means: "You can go mad in celebration if you win a medal!"

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Those two have been close friends for a while now and they crack each other up.

I know this London Olympics will likely be the last for a lot of my favorite players so I'm just gonna enjoy watching them play ^^