Brazil NT 2012

• Dani Lins, Sassá from SESI, and Paula Pequeno and Fernanda Garay from Vôlei Futuro were the only players called so far by Zé Roberto. They first two are already trainind the physical part, while Paula and Garay will start tomorrow.

The rest of the group will come from the finalists teams...and Fabiana.

• I think Brazil's roster will be as follows;

Setters : Dani Lins, Fabiola ?, Ana Tiemi
    OPPs : Sheilla Castro, Joyce Silva
    OHs : Jaqueline Carvalho, Paula Pequeno, Fernanda Garay, Sassa, Natalia Perreira ?, Mari, Tandara
    MBs : Fabiana Claudino, Thaisa Menezes, Adenizia Silva, Juciely Cristina
    Liberos : Fabi, Camila Brait

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I think Brazil's roster will be as follows;

Setters : Dani Lins, Fabiola ?, Ana Tiemi
    OPPs : Sheilla Castro, Joyce Silva
    OHs : Jaqueline Carvalho, Paula Pequeno, Fernanda Garay, Sassa, Natalia Perreira ?, Mari, Tandara
    MBs : Fabiana Claudino, Thaisa Menezes, Adenizia Silva, Juciely Cristina
    Liberos : Fabi, Camila Brait

The thing is, Joyce, Ana Tiemi, they already free from their clubs responsability, so they should already have been called as was Paula and Garay.. :S I guess their names will be in extended list, but they wont actually train with NT for the season. :S I guess Zé will train with reduced group.

• The thing is, Joyce, Ana Tiemi, they already free from their clubs responsability, so they should already have been called as was Paula and Garay.. :S I guess their names will be in extended list, but they wont actually train with NT for the season. :S I guess Zé will train with reduced group.

I have a question how long does the national team of brazil usually prepare for an important tournament?

• Brazil is one the my favourites, i love them all, Natalia Perreria rocks :super: :super: :super:

• I have a question how long does the national team of brazil usually prepare for an important tournament?

As much as they can..hehehehe

The players free already working, when the hole group complete they will go to Saquarema, is Brasilian training center and will stay there till the begging of Olympic quali.

• As much as they can..hehehehe

The players free already working, when the hole group complete they will go to Saquarema, is Brasilian training center and will stay there till the begging of Olympic quali.

joanna do the brazilian federaton have any problems with rergards to schdeuling the superliga? u know like what is happening in turkey wherein the federation there is having a hard time when to resume the final 4 of the turkish cup

• It seems Brazil's NT roster will be pretty much the same as the previous one, with the exception of the return of Jaqueline and Natália.

So, the probable roster will be:

Setters: Dani Lins, Fabiola
    Opposites: Sheilla, Tandara
    Outside hitters: Fernanda Garay, Jaqueline, Mári, Natália, Paula and Sassá
    MIddle-blockers: Adenízia, Fabiana, Juciely and Thaísa
    Liberos: Camila Brait, Fabi

I believe the starting team should be:

Setter: Fabiola
    Opposite: Sheilla
    OH1: Fernanda Garay
    OH2: Jaqueline
    MB1: Adenízia
    MB2: Fabiana or Thaisa
    Libero: Camila Brait

Zé Roberto has the mission of recovering both Paula's and Mári's volleyball if he wants Brazil to fight for gold this OG.

• yeah.. i don't think bernardhinio has done a good job of developing mari this season. i'm still rooting for mari's return... :S

• It is interesting to think which 4 players will be left off the Olympic Roster. :white:

• What is Tandara's main position? OH or OPP? I am confused a bit :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• What is Tandara's main position? OH or OPP? I am confused a bit :D

Though she played the last two club seasons as OH, her main position is opp, I believe. That's how she played last year in NT and that's how she played her whole career, despite the last 2 years. She was always a true opp, and moving her to OH the last 2 years was a way to acomodate her to her teams' tactical options. But she's not a good receiver and I imagine she won't become one. After Sheila retires from NT, which may be next year, I imagine Tandara will become the main opp of the team.

• Though she played the last two club seasons as OH, her main position is opp, I believe. That's how she played last year in NT and that's how she played her whole career, despite the last 2 years. She was always a true opp, and moving her to OH the last 2 years was a way to acomodate her to her teams' tactical options. But she's not a good receiver and I imagine she won't become one. After Sheila retires from NT, which may be next year, I imagine Tandara will become the main opp of the team.

why so early?? are there any particular reasons?? she's not that old!

• Well,Brazil will definetly be MUCH MORE weaker if Sheilla retires. I see her,besides Jaque, as the only real lider of the team!

• I completely agree with both of you, emil_niklas and mammadova4ever! that's why I asked...I mean Sheilla can still give much to her NT I think!

• Well, let's bring an example. Walewska Oliveira who gave a lot of Motivation to the NT just retired after the Olympic Games in 2008. Sheilla is now at that age (29 yo) so IMO It's not to wonder at all. But the most important thing is Brazil already has talented MBs such as Fabiana,Thaisa,Adenizia,Carol Gattaz and Juciely. Someone perhaps can add more players, but replacing Sheilla seems very difficult for now. There's Natalia Pereira who hits the balls like a man. but as far as I know, She's just been recovering her injury and I don't really think Tandara is as good as to be main player on NT. What a sad news for Volleyball fans, I've always thought that Sheilla is the best OPP among with Gamova, and She always is. Hope she keeps playing even after the Olympics.
    What I'm curious about is Sheilla retiring from NT means Mari also wants to retire after Olympics...If I'm not mistaken.

• What makes Sheilla an elite player is her ability to score out of the backrow. Brazil has been consistently able to score with only two attackers in the front because of the pressure that Sheilla presented out position 1. Tandara has a lot of potential and tremendous power but I don't think she is as efficient out of the backrow yet. With time though I have no doubt she will be able to. On the topic of Tandara as an outside hitter, I think for the Brazilian coaching staff is going to have to find a way for both Natalia and Tandara to be on the floor at the same time. They are both too good to be on the bench. With that said, I think Tandara has more potential to develop as a receiver than Natalia.

• About Sheila leaving, guys, it's actually not certain yet. I remember around 2009 both she and Mari said they'd like to quit the NT after the OG and, at the time, they even considered building a team to play beach volleyball. I actually never heard about that again. The beach thing, I don't think it'll happen, but about they quitting or staying in NT, I think it's pretty open at this point. Personally, I imagine some things are probably gonna change, but I don't know exactly what. I reckon the MB's will stay, the setters as well, and also the youngers OH's and opp's like Natália, Fernanda Garay and Tandara. In the libero slot, I figure Camila Brait might grab the spot as main libero. About the others, I think it's up in the air. I'm guessing Sassá and Paula won't continue, but that's mainly a guess.

• I don't think Sheilla or Mari will retire. We're forgetting to mention that 2016 is in Rio and I'm sure any Brazilian athlete would relish the opportunity to compete at home. I'd expect they'd take a few years off from the NT but come 2014 I would not be surprised to see both of them.