Brazil NT 2012

• Natalia Perreira Zilio is in the roster :?:

It's very, very, very stupid decision :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Yeah,. well actually this is quite surprising I think.

Cause Tandara only played first week in WGP, and Sassá only played Yeltsin Cup...Mari played quite well when she entered, when needed in WGP...so

I mnea, Natália, like you guys wrote, she has not been playing in like ages...even If she is better each time, I think that is quite a risk.

If Brazil didnt have any other options I'd understand a risk like that, but with options..I dont know....well we will see what he chooses..

But I do think it will be to take Natália instead....cause I dont see how Tandara or Sassá could be any better then Mari.

• So the rumor is true, MARI IS OUT! 8|

I don't get it, why Ze would prefer Natalia or Tandara? Ok, Tandara did a good job playing Brazil league but she is not ready for OG, Natalia is young and she can have another opportunity, and Sassá? Come on she is not so useful anymore.

• Another stupid decision :down: first Fabiola, now Mari, what have you done Ze :call: ? I don't get it why Natália is still with team, she should be out. Except her out probably will be Sassá or Camila, the rest should be certain about particiapting OG in London or else it will be another "great cut"

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Voloch is saying that Mari left because she doesn't have a good relation with Sheila.

I just want to say one thing: Now, Mari must regret following Ze Roberto request, letting Sheila be the opposite of the NT.

She could have been the best OP our NT ever had, just for what she did in 2004 OG. Just my opinion. :whistle: ,

• Voloch is saying that Mari left because she doesn't have a good relation with Sheila.

I just want to say one thing: Now, Mari must regret following Ze Roberto request, letting Sheila be the opposite of the NT.

She could have been the best OP our NT ever had, just for what she did in 2004 OG. Just my opinion. :whistle: ,

Was it the story like that :what: I read somewhere saying that Ze wanted to raise block at OH position and that's why she trained Mari as OH. Did Mari accept it just to let Sheila play as starter ?(

• No matter what the real reason is, being cut from OG team may be not exactly a bad thing for Mari.
    At least, she could take her time to recover from shoulder injury which she's been suffered for the last season.

As for Brazil NT without Mari, I'm a little worried about the spikers when they play against taller team (e.g. Russia, USA).
    In WGP, Jaque seemed not to be a efficient one though she did a great job on defense, Paula seemed not to be consistent, neither did Fe Garay.
    It's just my personal opinion. Whatever, I wish the best for Brazil.

• Mari said she will give an interview talking about it, but she will wait Zé Roberto gives his explanation first, cause she doesnt agree with the excuse that she is out for tecnical reasons.....

So we should wait for it, I serious very curious to see what Mari has to say....I believe maybe all the durty from NT will be out If Mari is angry for any reason and is up to tell the papers about it. I think it is really clear for eveyrone that the enviroment in Nt is not the best in some months already..maybe years...

• This is probably Mari last year in NT, she said she would think about maybe to stay till 2014, but she may leave after the Olympic Games...so maybe this is Mari's goodbye, witch is kind of sad If ends like this..

• Mari said she will give an interview talking about it, but she will wait Zé Roberto gives his explanation first, cause she doesnt agree with the excuse that she is out for tecnical reasons.....

So we should wait for it, I serious very curious to see what Mari has to say....I believe maybe all the durty from NT will be out If Mari is angry for any reason and is up to tell the papers about it. I think it is really clear for eveyrone that the enviroment in Nt is not the best in some months already..maybe years...

Joana
    Would you translate the interview or the papers by then? PLEASE!

• Mari has not been in the best shape of her career but I can definitively say she's a better option than Sassa. If Natalia ends up making it I would be hard pressed to find that an athlete who hasn't played a single match in over a year is in better form than Mari. I've said before, I do not like Ze Roberto's coaching whatsoever. Coaches are responsible for setting the tone for a NT program and if things within the program are not going well I think he is entirely to blame.

• Was it the story like that :what: I read somewhere saying that Ze wanted to raise block at OH position and that's why she trained Mari as OH. Did Mari accept it just to let Sheila play as starter ?(

The thing is, Mari is an opposite for nature. Ze Roberto asked Mari to go to OH position, so both could play. Yes, she gave up on OP so Sheila could play in NT. :whistle:

If Mari said "no", she would be the starter and Sheila would NEVER be the first option. Just watch Mari playing in 2004 OG and GP and you'll understand why. Sheila is not bad, but Mari was better.

So yes, basically she let Sheila be the starter opposite.

• Mari has not been in the best shape of her career but I can definitively say she's a better option than Sassa. If Natalia ends up making it I would be hard pressed to find that an athlete who hasn't played a single match in over a year is in better form than Mari. I've said before, I do not like Ze Roberto's coaching whatsoever. Coaches are responsible for setting the tone for a NT program and if things within the program are not going well I think he is entirely to blame.

You know what's wrong? I'm pretty sure he's going to take NATALIA instead of Mari. That irritates me! :mad:

Yes, Natalia. We'll wait and see :whistle:

Mari doesn't deserve end up her career in NT like this, I fell sad! ;( ;( ;( ;(

• You know what's wrong? I'm pretty sure he's going to take NATALIA instead of Mari. That irritates me! :mad:

Yes, Natalia. We'll wait and see :whistle:

Mari doesn't deserve end up her career in NT like this, I fell sad! ;( ;( ;( ;(

If Ze really takes Natalia (not Tandara) instead of Mari, something must be wrong.

Well drama is on the way!
    I just think it's funny because if you compare the cuts in USA NT and Brasil NT you'll see that:

a) Players like A.Glass and H. Bown (specially Heather) were doing a great job and totally deserved a chance based on how they ARE playing yet, they got cut because in Hugh's opinion there were other players "more" suitable.

b) Brasil's NT is underperforming for a long time now and ZRG must be going crazy because he doesn't know which players to choose since most of them aren't showing their true value.

Long story short : USA is like - "i don't know who to cut they're all so good!!!" :box: and Brasil is like " i don't know who to cut they're all so bad!!!" :lol: (the last part IS A JOKE, i repeat IT'S A JOKE )

BUT what i find funny is that someone like H. Bown doesn't have a problem to say that she is sad but at the same time takes the opportunity to thank fans and show how grateful she was to defend the team for so long. And in Brasil's case you just know that there's going to be a lot of drama BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER the OG.
    I love Mari, always loved her and i've always rooted for Brasil (i was really, really happy when they got the gold in 2008 and to see someone like Fofão getting that medal was priceless). But it's kinda sad to see that sometimes the players, the fans and obviously the media forget what it really means to be a part of a NT.
    To have the chance to represent your country should be a privilege, not a guaranteed right! Sometimes coaches make wrong decision/ cuts that nobody understands and yes, players are human beings with the right to feel every type of emotion (anger, sadness, etc...) and of course everyone has the freedom to share their thoughts! So i just wish that in case a "war of words" starts between Mari/Fabiola and ZRG/NT, they won't lose prespective of what's important and do it respectfully. And for some fans: opinions =/= facts, we don't know half of what happens "inside" the teams, and the games haven't started yet...

In the end i hope Brasil does well, but i've got to be honest this year i'm on USA and LOGAN TOM 's side.

• I'm really sad for Mari. She is a brilliant player.
    But let's talk the true. The enviroment in NT was bad and Ze Roberto should take a decision. Who is in the best shape, Mari or Sheilla? And the reality is that Sheilla is still playing good and Mari's volleyball is not that good like was 2 years ago.
    So, I really think that Ze made his decision for the group, to preserve Mari and the others players.

And yes, If Mari had said "no" to the proposal of Ze Roberto, she would have been the best OPP of Brazil (and I'm a big fan of Sheilla!).

• And if it was Logan Tom? Would you have this same beautiful speech? Allright, them. :whistle:

And by the way, wearing the NT shirt has a particular meaning for each one. There's players out there that wears it for money, personal status, etc. But I have a feeling that most of our players gives their best in every tournment, that's why I support them :thumbsup:

Some players gave up on so much things for playing in NT, and It's sad to be out from such tournment as OG. You can't judge them for being angry or sad and for showing their feelings. Coachs makes mistakes, players too. ^^

You obvsiouly don't know our coach, you don't know his speech. We have our reason for questioning his decisions.