Brazil NT 2012

• as if mari will be the difference between a gold and a stone :whistle:

• I will miss Mari, hopefully Ze Roberto knows what he is doing, if its really because of Sheilla/Mari conflict, it would be like Skowronska(Baranska in 2010 :wall:

And if it was Logan Tom? Would you have this same beautiful speech? Allright, them. :whistle:

And by the way, wearing the NT shirt has a particular meaning for each one. There's players out there that wears it for money, personal status, etc. But I have a feeling that most of our players gives their best in every tournment, that's why I support them :thumbsup:

Some players gave up on so much things for playing in NT, and It's sad to be out from such tournment as OG. You can't judge them for being angry or sad and for showing their feelings. Coachs makes mistakes, players too. ^^

I agree with what you said and i was shocked when he decided to take Dani Lins instead of Fabiola (specially after her season with Osasco) and in my opinion i think he should've taken Mari because i don't believe Natalia will be ready and in case she goes there's not much she can do and if Tandara goes, she doesn't have the experience that Mari has and in the OG that counts. Mari is one of my favourite players and has been for a long, long time. believe me i actually thought she was going and was really upset to find out that she had been cut. If Logan Tom got cut i would be pissed and of course i would share my thoughts and talk about it and that's why i wrote this:

Sometimes coaches make wrong decision/ cuts that nobody understands and yes, players are human beings with the right to feel every type of emotion (anger, sadness, etc...) and of course everyone has the freedom to share their thoughts! So i just wish that in case a "war of words" starts between Mari/Fabiola and ZRG/NT, they won't lose prespective of what's important and do it respectfully. And for some fans: opinions =/= facts, we don't know half of what happens "inside" the teams, and the games haven't started yet...

I think that everybody has the right to say what they think but for example and this is my opinion, when fabiola shared that photo on facebook saying that Zé was an idiot i believe that it was disrespectful not only to Zé but also to Dani and Fernandinha. And i saw somewhere that, there were fans blaming Sheilla and writing on her FB/ twitter that Mari's cut was her fault and i also think it's disrespectful...

You obvsiouly don't know our coach, you don't know his speech. We have our reason for questioning his decisions.

Well, i've been following is work with NT since 2007 and i've watched almost every important tournament that Brasil has participated, i speak Portuguese and i follow the news about Brasil's NT pretty regularly. I know that ZRG has favourite players and you can see that he tends to protect them and sometimes he's not coherent with his choices... But i also know that he lead Brasil to many titles. I've also followed a couple of his seasons with Pesaro and last season with Fenerbahçe. He's a great coach that sometimes makes wrong decisions ...

• A close friend to Mari is saying that Sheila has nothing to do with that.

It's not technical. Or bad relation with team mates.

He's saying that the problem is between Mari and Ze Roberto.
    ?(

• who will replace Mari at the end???

• Zé said in and interview he will make one more cut next week and will travel to London, with 13 players...cause he will wait for Natália to get ready till the last minute.

So I imagine Natalia is in the 12 roster...but If she cant "recover" they will change her for the other players that will travel with them..

since acording to Russia press this week, the last date to send the final roster to IOC was 9 July, but FIVB alouds each team to make two medical changes till 24 July.

• Im going a bit off topic now, but I think It is quite interesting, so...well today 18h here in Brasil a movie will be shown in ESPN Brasil about the historical Olympic Semifinal 1996 between Brasil x Cuba.

Here is the trailler, for volleyball lovers, I think it can be really interesting to watch. ^^

There is a page in facebook about this movie, If you guys want to check it out. ;) https://www.facebook.com/DozeBrasileiras

• MAri will give a press conference today starting 14h here (19h CET), It will be broadcast live by TV Lance http://www.lancenet.com.br/multimidia/

you can also try to follow the news here - https://twitter.com/lancenet

Please, write everything you can, because we don't understand too much brazilian language.

• Wow! It looks interesting.
    Definitely I will watch it. Brazil in 1996 deserved to win gold medal...

• Joana
    So appreciate your update, it's really helpful for us catching up on the news of Brazil NT and Mari.
    As for press conf, is the link you posted a live stream? Cuz I can't find a live broadcast of it which should begin now.

• Joana
    So appreciate your update, it's really helpful for us catching up on the news of Brazil NT and Mari.
    As for press conf, is the link you posted a live stream? Cuz I can't find a live broadcast of it which should begin now.

yeah, well I think It has not started yet, the blogger from Lance said they would broadcast live in Lance Tv, so Im waitting too. Usually this in only for videos, but since he wrote that.

He is at the press conference, you can follow in his twitter, but there are no news that started already, so I think It didnt.

https://twitter.com/danbortoletto

• yeah, well I think It has not started yet, the blogger from Lance said they would broadcast live in Lance Tv, so Im waitting too. Usually this in only for videos, but since he wrote that.

He is at the press conference, you can follow in his twitter, but there are no news that started already, so I think It didnt.

https://twitter.com/danbortoletto

I guess you're right. It's not started yet. Let's wait and see. ;)
    Thx again.

• Zé said in and interview he will make one more cut next week and will travel to London, with 13 players...cause he will wait for Natália to get ready till the last minute.

So I imagine Natalia is in the 12 roster...but If she cant "recover" they will change her for the other players that will travel with them..

since acording to Russia press this week, the last date to send the final roster to IOC was 9 July, but FIVB alouds each team to make two medical changes till 24 July.

Is there some special progress in Natalia's recovery for which Ze is giving her this much time? Does she have hidden amazing recuperating powers that allow her to be in good form even after not playing for a long time? 8)

• I don't think she's going to say anything bad against Ze or the players.