Dominican Republic NT 2012-2013

• I didn't see topic with 9th team in the FIVB World Ranking, so... i created :)

Dominican Republic National Team on Olympics Qualifications (per 90%):

Setters: Niverka Marte, Karla Echenique
    Outside Hiters: Bethania de la Cruz, Milagros Cabral, Priscilla Rivera
    Middle Blockers: Lisvel Eve, Annerys Vargas Valdez, Marianne Fersola, Cindy Rondon, Candida Arias
    Opposite Hitters: Sidarka Nunes, Altagracia Mambru, Jeoselyna Rodriguez
    Libero: Brenda Castillo

First six (for me the best):

Marte - Nunes
    de la Cruz - Cabral
    Eve - Fersola
    Castillo

What is the best for you??

• Yes... Mambru is ready for game on the highest level.

She had this injury, but now is ok and she has normal practice with girls since January... so.. i think, that she's ready...
    I heard, that Mambru and Nunes have very similar, big form... so... disposition of the day will decide or Kwiek has in his head first six, which will play all tournament...
    They have great service with jump (but Mambru has little bit better), but trump of Nunes is left hand and she's higher than Mambru....but of course there is Jeoselyna, which is great player too
    Priscilla Rivera has very average disposition, after problems with Igtisadchi, so on outside hitter will play Bethy and Milagros, which are on great disposition.
    Form of Vargas is very average after injury, so... Kwiek must put on midlle blocker in first six young players like Eve, Arias (i'm little bit afraid of her form, because on friendly matchs she played very bad) or Fersola (in friendly tournament in Peru, she played very well)... about Rondon, I can say, that she is very weak... and year by year she's more weaker than year earlier...
    but.. for me... Dominicana after this tournament will go to the London :)
    if not... they will have second chance in Japan...

but.. objectivity I think,that Kwiek will put in first six:
    Echenique - Nunes
    Bethy - Milagros
    Eve - ? (four player,which can play there... for me 5 middle blockers on one tournament is definitelly to much...)
    Castillo

• Almost the same roster like in last few years. Only lack are Burgos, but she ended career. Why there is only one libero? Where's Caso and Binet?
    Starting line-up:
    Matrte-De La Cruz
    Cabral-Rivera
    Vargas-Eve
    Castillo
    Another good option can be De La Cruz as OH instead of Rivera and Mambru/Nunez as OPP. I thought that there are not enough OH's, but in the past Eve, Rondon and Rodriguez played as OH's.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Dahiana Burgos ended her volleyball career? :what:

Yes.. she ended after the World Cup. After this she didn't there anymore. She didn't have chance to play, so... she decided to the end

Ana Binet is pregnant :white:
    but Caso stayed in Dominican Republic, because for Marcos one libero is ok 8|

Attack of Bethania de la Cruz is deffinitelly better from zone 6 than zone 1 and better from left zone, than right zone. Quicks balls must be go to the right zone (its a Marcos tactic), but Bethy prefer plays with higher balls :)
    Another situation is with Rodriguez. She's better from 1 zone and right zone in the first line (second zone), so she must play on this position and her technical skills are weaker...I can't imagine Eve on OH :white:
    her technical skills are deffinitelly bad, but on OPP she played for sure, but Dominican Republic has very unequal middle blockers, so she must plays there, because her form is very good often...
    and Rondon... oh god... i don't know... for my she has no talent....maybe change the position will be better?
    Prisilla Rivera has no form, but I hope, that Dominicana will go to the London :super:

and kondzio you have ,,Add" from me, because your line-up on setter has Marte :win:

• WGP roster:
    Liberos: Winifer Fernandez, Brenda Castillo, Carmen Rosa Caso
    Setters: Niverka Marte, Carla Echenique, Celenia Toribio, Yennifer Ramirez
    Middle Blockers: Annerys Vargas, Lisvel Eve, Marianne Fersola, Candida Arias, Cindy Rondon
    Outside Hitters: Milagros Cabral, Prisilla Rivera, Yonkaira Peńa, Bethania De La Cruz, Brayelin Martinez
    Opposites: Sidarka Nuńez, Jeoselyna Rodriguez, Altagracia Mambru

Excepted squad: no Burgos and Binet.

• Prisilla Rivera has no form, but I hope, that Dominicana will go to the London :super:

priscilla rivera is in great form and everyone will see in the Olympic qualifying.

• priscilla rivera is in great form and everyone will see in the Olympic qualifying.

Maybe now, she's, but two weeks ago...she wasn't :)
    we'll see.. it isn't important in what form is player... the most important is win olympic ticket! Go Dominicana, go! :super:

• Maybe now, she's, but two weeks ago...she wasn't :)
    we'll see.. it isn't important in what form is player... the most important is win olympic ticket! Go Dominicana, go! :super:

i see the last 4 trainings of dominican team before they gone to mexico. bethania, milagros, sidalka, priscilla. are in good shape.

• Unfortunetly looks like Castillo lsot her baby. :(

Poor Brenda ;( I hope she will get over like Jaqueline. The only good thing is open door for OG like Matthias wrote

• :white: :( Very sad news...I hope she can get over it well.

I know it's not the moment to think about that, but in this case, I hope she can participate in OG...

I agree...it would be a way to overcome this terrible experience!!

• uhm I dont know guys, depends a lot of how it was....but usually the women needs sometime to recover. So think there is not much time since the Olympics are going to start soon.

• uhm I dont know guys, depends a lot of how it was....but usually the women needs sometime to recover. So think there is not much time since the Olympics are going to start soon.

It seems that she only needs 15 days.

Brenda will return to London 2012

The libero of the national team, Brenda Castillo, said he will return to court within 15 days, but first start physical work before standardized with the women's team.

Link

• Good news for DR NT :thumbup: yesterday they played horrible :down: Caso & Fernandez are far way behind her