Dominican Republic NT 2012-2013

• I think Dominican Republic really got a free pass from Cuba this quadrennial and DR will have a much harder time qualifying out of the NORCECA next year if Cuba is able to maintain their core players intact. With the exception of De la Cruz and Castillo, the other athletes have not improved very much at all. Eve, Marte, Echenique, and Rondon play essentially at the same level they did years ago. DR really needs to work on developing a world class setter. Their middle attack is too weak and their outside hitters make too many errors. They need a more technical coach.

• I think Dominican Republic really got a free pass from Cuba this quadrennial and DR will have a much harder time qualifying out of the NORCECA next year if Cuba is able to maintain their core players intact. With the exception of De la Cruz and Castillo, the other athletes have not improved very much at all. Eve, Marte, Echenique, and Rondon play essentially at the same level they did years ago. DR really needs to work on developing a world class setter. Their middle attack is too weak and their outside hitters make too many errors. They need a more technical coach.

I'm not agree with you too...

If you mean about world class setter, I can tell you, that Echenique (I didn't write about her in Rio's future) isn't good setter and she's weak and very simple setter without thinking about combination's action. Marte is definitelly another setter than Echenique with other style. She plays faster with more combination actions and if Kwiek will use her more and he'll put her in first six, Dominican Republic will can have maybe not great setter, but very solid and good. She is 4 years younger than Echenique and for me, now her level is higher than Karla's level and if he wants to create team Rio 2016, he should take to first six players like Marte, Arias, Martinez, Eve and put Echenique on bench, because Karla is without future, but Marte has future, so Kwiek should takes her to first six, because she is young and talented.

For me Cuba is weaker team and maybe they played on World Grand Prix good volleyball, but for example after they return to normal level (on Yeltsin Cup and Panamerican Cup) and they won with Dominican Republic two times (3:2, 3:2), but this team was without Cabral and de la Cruz returned to play on highest level and team was without form, because they had Olympic Games, but Cubans form was higher, because they needed this form on World Grand Prix (Dominican Republic forgave World Grand Prix), so for me Dominican Republic will be better team than Cuba... Cuba don't have player good player on bench and i think, that if Cuba and Dominican Republic will be in good form, i think, that win this match will DR. First time to compare will be on WGP in next year or PanAmerican Cup or NORCECA's championship.

About attack with middle blocker. It's stupidity of Karla Echenique, but if you could see Marte, she is playing more with opposite (fast action) and with middle blockers even more with outside hitters. These outside hitters are little bit pseudo OH, because Priscilla, de la Cruz, Martinez, Cabral played on OPP earlier and they needed to learn reception very fast. That's why Dominican Republic have big problems with this element of game and if you couldn't see Castillo on WGP, you can see, that this team without reception is weak, but i think, that Kwiek is worry just about Castillo, because she will need to play in every match, because if Fernandez or Caso will play on libero position, his team will fly to tribuns after receive of his team...

About Cindy Rondon. Don't think about her, because her level returned to be weak, she didn't make progress.... she went back in development and i think, that she won't be in National Team anymore, because she is too weak and Arias, Eve, Fersola look better than her and i don't know what will happen with Vargas...

About Marte, please don't write, that she didn't make improve, because she made it... when she played weak two years ago, now she is playing two grades better, so please don't say that.

So... before work of Rio de Janeiro 2016, I can only wish to Marcos Kwiek.

1. Turn off your stupidity and private systems
    2. Work more with reception, because even better setter can't anything without reception (it's the most important think, what should learn this team)
    3. Give chance to be first for Marte and Martinez, Eve, Arias (and yes, Eve now is in bad form, but her capabilities are huge and i hope that in brazilian league she will learn more...)

and Bartek, i can't see anything funny in my words...
    London's Olympic wasn't target event, because even Kwiek and other players from team said this, because in team he has players from 89-92 generation like de la Cruz, Eve, Marte, Arias, Castillo, Fersola and don't forget about Nunez, Mambru, Rivera and maybe Martinez will ready for play on highest level, because on PanAmerican Cup and now on Norceca's junior championship she played and plays great volleyball. If just Cabral will leave, this team will lose anthing and will be with more experience, because they will play togheter with this same players and loss Cabral will be nothing, because DR has great diamond - Brayelin Martinez.

and unfortunately i must agree with you, that Kwiek isn't good sculptor, but it's Cristobal Marte's fault. He should open door for players to play in european clubs and there players can get experience and improve skills (especially technical skills) and he choiced wrong coach in 2008...

• If their domestic league is as weak as you described it previously, DR player shall go to play abroad. Not only Japan and Korea, where they just have to be score machines, but to Europe and Brazil, because they need to work a lot on their tecnical skills. Right now I can see just a world class player, Brenda Castillo of course; but there are some players - de la Cruz, Nunez, Eve, Marte - with a lot of potential to take off and they can't do it this way. I hope for them federation will try to built a stronger domestic league or let them go abroad. They need it.

• Team for future: starters, not reccomended
    S: Marte, Echenique
    MB: Arias, Eve, Fersola
    OH: De La Cruz, Rivera, Martinez, ?
    OP: Nuńez, Mambru
    L: Castillo
    Who may play, but not certain: Celenia Toribio (S), Vargas (MB) , Rodriguez (OP/OH), Fernandez (L), Rondon (MB), Peńa (OH), Caso (L)

Who can be added for last 12th place in match roster? What do you think about it? Do you see Annerys Vargas still in team - she's already 31, how about young perspective OH except Brayelin Martinez? Don't mention Yonkaira Peńa, I hope she won't be called anymore after terrible WGP this year. And what about setter, maybe it's high time to say Karla goodbye, what about Celenia Toribio? I totally agree that Marcos have to practice reception more, then play would be much better. I still hope that my favourite - Jeoselyna can return to NT, but it will be so hard with good OPPs like Sidarka and Altagracia, because for OH she wouldn't be so good. Fortunately, she will play in Europe, but I don't know if Romania is a good choice for her, maybe she won't land on bench in Constanta :roll:.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Rivera is not recommended?
    after Castillo, Rivera has the best reception of the team.
    and is a very good spiker.
    during the preliminary round of the world championship 2010 Rivera was ranked among the top four attackers.
    but the Dominican team was eliminated in the first round.
    Rivera was MVP of the 2009 NORCECA.
    MVP of the 2010 Pan American Cup
    Best spiker of the Pan American Cup 2011 (in this cup pamericana 2011 Brazil was with his team A. USA was almost complete and Cuba also participated with his best team)
    in September 2011 during the NORCECA Championship she suffered a knee injury that has kept her away from its ideal form. but in these Olympics has been very good recovery and was ranked seventh among all attackers.
    Which is the reason why Rivera is not recommended?

about Karla, I think she should leave the team.
    nivelka is much faster and distributes the game more intelligently and effectively.
    karla has many years in the Dominican team and never shown improvement

About Annerys Vargas: she must give chance to other players.

Cindy Rondon: never recovered from injury (Spinal disc herniation)

Brayelin Martinez is a great spiker but her reception is very bad. I think she should be OPP, but there are 3 OPP in the team,

About Yoselina: I think she should be part of the team.
    it is better conditions than the others OPP. just need the opportunity to prove

the real problem of dominican team is the COACH ...

• excuses :rolll:

• bartol_bp

Problem is your assumption that while DR is developing and gettıng experıence the other opponents would be same ;)

DR's improvement is way slower than Cubans. It is not true that Cuba doesn't have good bench players, they gradually losing their best players but still manage to find some new talents to adapt to the team whereas DR showed that how they are incapable of compensating Castillo or De la Cruz's absence :roll:

DR ıs a 'developing team' which never develops :whistle: If they are still playing in many international tournament due to their continent advantage and effort of their some exceptional individual players :whistle: Not because of team work or a system

When DR won silver at junior WCh, they had one of the best squad at junior level with Castillo, Eve, Arias, Fersola, Rodiguez and Marte. However only Castillo keep improving and now she iss already world class player whereas others just 'promising' :whistle:

Sadly, I don't see any future for DR if they won't get a very good coach and start to play in good leagues.

• About Rivera: I still see her in team and look that she isn't among "not recommended" - maybe I'll change her with Martinez as starter, so Martinez should train reception or else she'll have to wait for place in team
    About coach: I definitely agree with you, but federation prolonged contract till Rio :aww:, so as I said: more stupid decisions and yelling during timeouts. Has this team any future? I hope yes, but they should train reception a lot and it's high time to let play others as starers: Echenique, and Caso out. Vargas can stay but for helping youngsters improve, not as starter.

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• About Rivera: I still see her in team and look that she isn't among "not recommended" - maybe I'll change her with Martinez as starter, so Martinez should train reception or else she'll have to wait for place in team
    About coach: I definitely agree with you, but federation prolonged contract till Rio :aww:, so as I said: more stupid decisions and yelling during timeouts. Has this team any future? I hope yes, but they should train reception a lot and it's high time to let play others as starers: Echenique, and Caso out. Vargas can stay but for helping youngsters improve, not as starter.

These are the final statistics of Spikers in the Olimpycs games

rivera in the Olympics was better spiker than, Larson, De la Cruz, Costagrande, Del Core, Logan Tom, wang yimei, fe garay, saori kimura, neriman ozsoy, neslihan darnel, Hui ruoqi,

if you consider that a player of 16 years old, who can not receive or defense must take the Rivera´s place in the team ,is an opinion not based on logic.

About the coach: Marcos will be on the team until Rio 2016, because he is willing to be a puppet coach,

About Brayelin: Brayelin is one of the young Dominicans with better future projection. but still not ready to be starter player in dominican team.

• Ok, these stats absolutely proved that I exaggerated. Rivera is powerful spiker and when she's in good shape she isn't worse than De La Cruz. Martinez is still young and she has to learn from these two.

Coming back to setter, is anyone who can replace Echenique in roster, Marte of course is ready to be first, but who for backup? I mentioned Celenia Toribio but I don't know anything about her. Has she enough potential to be in NT?

Dominicana has strong spikers in the team... not only Bethania., also has Gina Mambru, Priscilla Rivera, Sidarka Nuñez, Yoselina rodriguez, Dominican and Cuba met twice in the Pan American Cup 2012 and the result was Cuba 3-2 Dom, two times
    but but missed Milagros Cabral and Brenda Castillo , two important players, with them, Dominican team would have won that games

• celenia or Yocaty, which are the youth team setters. but for me Yokaty is Better...but Karla will continue in the team because the coach we have is unprofessional....

• celenia or Yocaty, which are the youth team setters. but for me Yokaty is Better...but Karla will continue in the team because the coach we have is unprofessional....

I guess, you are thinking about Yocaty Perez, who is now playing next to Toribio in NORCECA U-20 Champs. I looking into stats and Martinez is like a scoring machine 8o, but in young competitions it's usual by her.

• Wait, wait wait....

First answer for kondzio :)

I'm agree with you and I can help you with 12th player.

Team should look:

S: Marte, Echenique
    MB: Arias, Eve, Fersola
    OH: De La Cruz, Rivera, Martinez, Binet/Fernandez
    OP: Mambru, Nunez
    L: Castillo

About Vargas.... it's very difficult. Her attitude is very strange, but her game is strange too. 2011 year had very bad and should forget about it. 2012 was very good for her, but you said... she's 31. For example if she would be in first six in future, Dominican Republic will lose Arias or Eve, but these girls are young and need get experience, but Vargas isn't player, which will be on bench, because she will still angry and she isn't player, which has character like teacher. So i think, that she should leave this team and give chance for Arias, Eve and Fersola.

About Jeoselyna Rodriguez... She's good player, but her attitude is strange and stupid too. She isn't care about play in NT team, I can't say details, but i think,that she won't be in National Team more, but if she will have better character and bigger motivation, doors will be open for her i think. Romania is good choice for her, because i guess, that she wil be in first six and she will play in Champions League. Without stupid character, she would be great player. But of course her capabilities are big.

About Celenia Toribio, she is setter in junior team, but i saw her game on Peru's tournament (there played DR, Cuba, Peru and Chile, if i remember good) in this year. She was bench setter, because this tournament was U23, but her game isn't good and i think, that Karla Echenique is better choice for team, but she has to be SECOND, not FIRST. If she would be second... she will can go for two substitutions and sometimes her experience can give something for team, but she isn't setter, which should play in first six, but Celenia is on very less level to Echenique.

In September will be Pan American Cup U23, and there will play Marte, Martinez, Eve, Arias, Castillo etc... so, we will can watch, how will look this team without Echenique, but of course this team will be without Rivera, Mambru and Nunez and i think,that without de la Cruz too.

and my opinion is that Brayelin Martinez should be in team, but on third OH yet, because in first six should be de la Cruz and Rivera. Martinez in Rio will have 20 yo, so she will still young, but for her, if she will be as third OH, she will get enough experience.

About fourth OH i thought about Ana Binet. She had good service and litlle bit better reception than de la Cruz for example. She was pregnant, she borned a child, so maybe in next year she will return to team. If not, they have Winifer Fernandez, which is talent player too, but if she will be next to Brenda Castillo, she hasn't a chance for anything, so for her fourth OH would be good choice too.

And of course Caso is old player, but now she is weak and she should leave team. This same Cindy Rondon and Yonkaira Pena, because Rondon is still without form after injury and Pena is weak without talent.

About raven's post i'm agree with you per 100%, but with Cristobal Marte which is in mafia, it won't be possible or possible, but with very expensive price.

and serdar i'm not agree with you. Cuba lost players of course, but that's why, they won't have better future. DR have more talent players and more better players, but for example if you will take out Wilma Salas and Yoana Palacios, you will have worse situation than DR without de la Cruz and Castillo (they are two the best players in team too).

• But She had less total attemps. If We compare Players with more attempts than Her and create stats to 140 ta probably They will be higher than Her.

• But She had less total attemps. If We compare Players with more attempts than Her and create stats to 140 ta probably They will be higher than Her.

I recommend you see the games of the Dominicans in the Olympics.
    when you see the game you'll notice that Priscilla did not play in the first 2 games ... therefore appears less attack attempts than the other

• I recommend you see the games of the Dominicans in the Olympics.
    when you see the game you'll notice that Priscilla did not play in the first 2 games ... therefore appears less attack attempts than the other

Aha :P Where will She play in new season?

• Aha :P Where will She play in new season?

I think, that even she doesn't know it :D

• We're after U-20 Norceca Continental Championships. There 3 players got individual awards: Winifer Fernandez (MVP, best digger, libero, receiver), Brayelin Martinez (scorer) and Angelica Hinojosa (best blocker). First two proved that they should be among roster for next years, now only for substitutions but they can learn a lot. About setter I don't know if Perez/Toribio will get the chance, Echenique although she's mediocre, she's 26, so she can play even till 2020 or longer. Marte definitely deserves for a place and she's 4 years younger than Carla.