Dominican Republic NT 2012-2013

• Lisvel Eve got a very serious injury in Peruvian league yesterday, an exposed leg fracture (= the bone popped out of her skin) :white:
    There's a video of it on Volleywood but I don't dare watching it because it already sounds horrible enough :|

I hope she will recover well from it! She had successful surgery right away...

• I can't watch it too. This is so sad. :( it is really serious injury, I even read it might compromise her career in the sport. Just pratinho she can recover well and in the best way possible.

#ForçaEve

• After all I did have a short look at the video and it is definitely the most horrible injury I have ever seen, though luckily the full extent of it wasn't visible because it was covered by her socks. But seeing her leg simply collapse under her even though she didn't land on someone else's foot or anything like that was shocking and her screams give a good idea of how painful it must have been for her ;(
    I think it's also the first time ever since I follow Volleyball that a match had to be cancelled because of the injury of one player, but all other players were too shocked to continue, even the opponents :white:

But after all, it is "only" a broken bone, so I'm optimistic that she can recover 100% from it :flower:

EDIT: I just read that she will have another surgery in a few days to stabilize the bone and after a long (but not specified) period of recovery she will be able to play again :)
    Source

• After all I did have a short look at the video and it is definitely the most horrible injury I have ever seen, though luckily the full extent of it wasn't visible because it was covered by her socks. But seeing her leg simply collapse under her even though she didn't land on someone else's foot or anything like that was shocking and her screams give a good idea of how painful it must have been for her ;(
    I think it's also the first time ever since I follow Volleyball that a match had to be cancelled because of the injury of one player, but all other players were too shocked to continue, even the opponents :white:

But after all, it is "only" a broken bone, so I'm optimistic that she can recover 100% from it :flower:

EDIT: I just read that she will have another surgery in a few days to stabilize the bone and after a long (but not specified) period of recovery she will be able to play again :)
    Source

just to read what you wrote already gives me nervous...

but good to read the last part! I do hope she can come back....and I hope we have a beautiful party for it, no matter where she'll be.

• Lisvel Eve got a very serious injury in Peruvian league yesterday, an exposed leg fracture (= the bone popped out of her skin) :white:
    There's a video of it on Volleywood but I don't dare watching it because it already sounds horrible enough :|

Have You never watched movies from series 'Jaws' ?

• Have You never watched movies from series 'Jaws' ?

Sorry, but "Jaw" isn't reality, but injury of China is :)

• ' Suffering is a Temple in which God wants to be with Human alone ' so I don't see tragedy.

• The doctor who did the surgery said that she had a previous injury which caused this severe one to happen. It will take two and a half men...eehh...months ;) until she can walk again and much longer until she can play again, but she will be able to do so for sure :thumbup:

• Bethania De la Cruz, the top scorer and best server of the 2011 FIVB World Cup, has been named the new captain of the Dominican Republic women’s national team.

Marcos Kwiek, the Brazilian coach of the team, informed the news at the end of a practice session of the training team at the Santo Domingo volleyball complex.

De la Cruz, who turns 26 next May, replaces FIVB Hero Milagros Cabral, the veteran who retired after the 2012 Olympic Games and now works as sport director of the National District of Santo Domingo for the Recreation and Sport Ministry of the Dominican Republic.

“I am very pleased to announce that Bethania De la Cruz is the new captain of our team,” Kwiek said. “She has all the qualities to assume the role as captain and continue to be our top offensive force.”

De la Cruz, currently playing in the V Premier Korean League with GS Caltex, is the only player in history to twice surpass the 50-point plateau in a single game. She did it for Denso Airybees of the Japanese League in the season 2011-2012, recording 51 and 54 points.

During the 2011 FIVB World Cup, she scored a tournament-record 42 points in a five-set victory of Dominican Republic over Germany.

“It is quite an honour and I will do my best to fulfill my new role with the team,” De la Cruz said from Seoul. “I have always gotten along very well with my teammates and I feel very proud about the confidence deposited in me.”

• Isn't tragedy? she'll be one or more year without volleyball.... this IS a tragedy!

Or you have empty heart or you don't know anything about this world.

And I wrote about Bethania after Olympic Games, when after match against USA in quarter-final, Kwiek nominated her as captain of the team.

• Unfortunately I see that You don't know sense of earth life in prisme of Real Life. That pain which She felt was gift for Her and if She understands that this is very good for Her.
    Read about sense of suffering in Saints' books or even Pope John Paul II literature and You will understand what I mean.

• Unfortunately I see that You don't know sense of earth life in prisme of Real Life. That pain which She felt was gift for Her and if She understands that this is very good for Her.
    Read about sense of suffering in Saints' books or even Pope John Paul II literature and You will understand what I mean.

And I just want to do :aww:

I'm sorry, but my faith remains a matter of me (I think that her too). It's a forum and you don't have to show your religions (hmm...because maybe nobody cares about it?).

Probably for muslims or other religion your "Saints books" is a shit :) So I advice you be care of your words, it's a volleyball forum, not religion fanatics forum.

:offtopic:

And Matthias is true. She had medical treatment of her leg and she felt pain after every game in National Team. Her leg was like one big red circle, when she jumped and do something. Fnally her leg was broken. She should stay and rest in Dominican Republic after medical treatment and don't go for play in Peru. Because of this treatment she resigned from play in Brazil, i hoped that she is fine after this, but for her leg it was enough :(

• Matthias, nice video :D As we can see team has prospects for future - team was built for Rio and in London they did nice job. roster is without bigger changes, only Cabral retired, maybe Vargas will leave before 2016, but rest should remain. The biggest problem will be lack of good receiving OH: Rivera & De La Cruz aren't stable receivers, Yonkaira Pena isn't neither. Brayelin Martinez is future, I hope she can learn to receive better :roll: Ana Binet can help a bit as a substitution for backrow, as regular OH she's too low (174 cm).
    And what about Echenique, did she change citizenship to Puertorican? Will she stay in NT or leave?

Possible main 14 for WGP - in bold - starters
    S: Marte, Echenique? - if not, Toribio or Ramirez as second (I don't see anyone else and I think Yocaty Perez is too young)
    OP: Mambru, Nunez (I want to see Rodriguez, but I suppose, that she'll be only in wide roster)
    OH: De La Cruz, Rivera, Martinez, Binet (for reception) - if not Binet, there is only Yonkaira Pena an I don't see anyone else
    MB: Vargas, Arias, Rondon, Fersola (Eve is out due to serious injury) - Vargas can stay, if not - next one can be Marifranchi Rodriguez
    L: Castillo, Fernandez (no more Caso please)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Brenda Castillo was suspended for one year from NT! 8|

http://www.volleywood.net/voll…da-castillo-is-suspended/

“There has been tons of issues with Brenda due to her behavior.

She is a megastar but her personal issues and her erratic behavior are becoming too much to handle for her teammates and for the coaching staff. When Brenda is having a bad day for unknown reasons, she creates a lot of drama & other unnecessary troubles.

The last couple of years have been very tough for her. She suffered a miscarriage last year and even got into a fight with some fans while in Peru for a volleyball tournament.

Brenda hasn’t been emotionally and mentally stable at all. She needs to see a therapist or seek medical treatment before her condition becomes more serious.

Federation President Ramón A. García & President of the Women’s National Team Cristóbal Marte Hoffiz are well informed about the situation and have agreed to suspend her because they strongly believe this is the ONLY way for Brenda to become healthy again.

Both officials believe that keeping Brenda on the team would stop her from getting treatment, will affect the team’s cohesion and will limit the success of the women’s national team.”

• even with her they have limited success anyway :whistle: