Dominican Republic NT 2012-2013

• one thing i don't understand about kwiek's work with the RD team, why is he always cycling through/rotating so many players? i mean, i understand some players are not available for every tournament but i don't understand why he's not working to have some players being the official starters so they can solidify their skills and playing. one day, the MB are rondon and arias, another match, it's eve and vargas. there's no consistency. and did you see how many players he's had as OP in the last few years? mambru, nunez, rodriguez, cabral, rivera, pena, de la cruz, martinez, even eve. another thing, the passing is bad and the MB rarely get a set, even on a free ball and a perfect pass... they need to bring in kiattipong, the thai coach, who's done a wonderful work with a team of short players, to teach them basic skills.

• one thing i don't understand about kwiek's work with the RD team, why is he always cycling through/rotating so many players? i mean, i understand some players are not available for every tournament but i don't understand why he's not working to have some players being the official starters so they can solidify their skills and playing. one day, the MB are rondon and arias, another match, it's eve and vargas. there's no consistency. and did you see how many players he's had as OP in the last few years? mambru, nunez, rodriguez, cabral, rivera, pena, de la cruz, martinez, even eve. another thing, the passing is bad and the MB rarely get a set, even on a free ball and a perfect pass... they need to bring in kiattipong, the thai coach, who's done a wonderful work with a team of short players, to teach them basic skills.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Kiattipong... Sorry, I prefer Marcos even if I don't like him like coach :)

Well... Kiattipong is good coach for teach (especially for junior players, to teach them how to play), but he is very very very weak selector and has very weak tactical skills (I guess because he has just one first six and other players are very weak). He is amatour in those things.

About Kwiek... I don't like when he is definitelly blind. For example ideal is Pan American Cup... every important game (with Brazil and Argentina) he put Marte in first six. With Marte he won 3:0 against Argentina (DR crushed them) in semifinal and he let play Karla in final... it was so stupid, because he can't change winner roster, before so important game.... he started 1st set from 1:8 and DR couldn't start them game and maybe that's why he lost this match so easy. Of course he should make changes in team, but in tournaments like Montreux, because Pan American Cup still is a bit important or even in group phase of PAC, but not in final :aww:

I totally agree with you!! I thought the same thing.. It's good to know some players can play different rolls in many positions like Cubans can, but you can't change that many.. They have only setter, libero and HITTERS. No MB no OH no OPP.. they all play everything, I remember Eve playing as a MB then she changed to OH then she played OPP and they MB again. I would like to see dominican team with another coach, they have the quality to be in the first 5 teams in the world...

• bartol,

isn't that what i said? all that constant rotating/revolving door coaching is not good for the dominicans. i mean, kwiek should by now be done with all this testing of players. he should decide who's the starting setter, MBs, etc. already. he's still experimenting?

as for kiattipong teaching them basic skills, well... sometimes the RD team looks like they need basic skills... they are amazingly gifted players but make so many stupid mistakes. the thai can teach them basic skills. the thai just lack height but they are amazing players, specially onuma and pleumjit -- who still plays as a MB in azerbaijan despite being 5' 11 (180 cm).

USAvfan, yes, i'd said it before, with their height and physique, they could be as good as brazil, especially with bethania and yonkaira -- very exciting players. but they are a long way away.

• Grand Prix wide roster:
    L: Brenda Castillo, Ana Binet, Winifer Fernandez
    S: Niverka Marte, Karla Echenique, Celenia Toribio
    MB: Annerys Vargas, Candida Arias, Marianne Fersola, Jineiry Martinez, Marifranchi Rodriguez, Lisvel Eve
    OH: Prisilla Rivera, Bethania De La Cruz, Yonkaira Pena, Brayelin Martinez, Erasma Moreno
    OP: Altagracia Mambru, Sidarka Nunez, Jeoselina Rodriguez, Gaila Gonzalez
    Underlined probable 14 for tournament, if they don't try someone else from wide roster (in 12 probably without Fernandez and Rodriguez). Red won't play (Eve recovers from injury).

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• with castillo out ;( i don't think this team could get any further another 10th place finish maybe? :S

• It's tough to say who will be out, because all except Erasma, Marifranchi and Celenia are good players and ready for be in 12 :)

• Good news :woohoo: with Brenda team definitely will play better :dance6:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• 10th PLACE AT THE FIVB WORLD GRAND PRIX 2013 WITH RECORD OF 6 WINS AND 3 LOSSES

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC MATCHES AT THE GRAND PRIX

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 3 X PUERTO RICO 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBORMI2DSAY

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 3 X CZECH REPUBLIC 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up5FfurhAKc

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 1 X BRASIL 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG9D_a_HNBc

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 3 X PUERTO RICO 0 SECOND GAME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpq5q7N-J_c

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 3 X BULGARIA 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc329Y2zqRk

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 3 X ITALY 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucc1Xx-OVfU

• The next stop for the Dominican Republic NT will be the Great Champions Cup in Japan, starting on November 12.