Fenerbahçe 2012/13

• Fenerbahçe is the women's volleyball section of Fenerbahçe S.K., a major sports club in Istanbul, Turkey.

Fenerbahce SK, Fenerbahçe Women's Volleyball Team or Sari Melekler (Yellow Angels) is the women's volleyball team of Fenerbahçe S.K., a major sports club based in Istanbul, Turkey.

Fenerbahçe Women's Volleyball Team play their matches at the 7000-seated Burhan Felek Sport Hall

History
    Fenerbahçe SK Women's Volleyball Branch was founded in 1928 by Sabiha Rıfat Gürayman who was a girl playing for men's voleyball team of Fenerbahçe, and was the first women architect of Turkey. In 1954 a new era started with taking help from Çamlıca Girls Highschool, starting from 1958 those girls won 10 Turkish Championships alongside many titles. In 1977, Fenerbahçe SK Women's Volleyball Branch was closed due to financial issues. In 1989, it was refounded and promoted from Istanbul First League to the Turkish Second League in 1993 and to the Turkish First League in 1994. They were relegated to the Turkish Second League in 1995-96 season.

Fenerbahçe returned to the Turkish First League in the 2002-03 season, and were runners-up in the 2006-07 season. The senior team was renamed as Fenerbahçe Acıbadem due to a sponsorship agreement with the Acıbadem Healthcare Group from 2007 to 2011.[citation needed] The Yellow Angels were the runners-up after Eczacıbaşı SK in the 2007-08 season, too. They gained the ninth Turkish title in their history in the 2008-09 season, after defeating their archrival Eczacıbaşı SK in the finals (3-2, 0-3, 3-1, 3-1), which was their first ever title in the league's current format that had started with the 1984-85 season.

Fenerbahçe Women's Volleyball team shone in 2009-10 season as the Yellow Angels finished the first round of the 2009-10 Turkish League undefeated in 22 matches (setting a 66:2 set ratio record), and reached the Final Four of 2010 Women's CEV Champions League undefeated. They then beat the host team RC Cannes in a thrilling five-setter, but then lost to Volley Bergamo in five sets in the final, even though they came back after falling two sets down: 22-25, 21-25, 25-22, 25-20, 9-15. Yekaterina Gamova was named the best scorer, and Nataša Osmokrović was the best server of the tournament.

The star-studded Fenerbahçe Women's Volleyball team were on top of the world on 21 December 2010 in Doha-Qatar after beating South American titleholders Sollys Osasco 3-0 (25-23, 25-22, 25-17) to become the first team in 16 years to claim the 2010 FIVB Women's Club World Championship where Katarzyna Skowrońska was named the MVP and the Best Scorer, and Eda Erdem was the Best Server.

In 2011, Fenerbahçe SK organized the Champions League Final Four in Istanbul Burhan Felek Sports Hall; however, in the semi-final the Yellow Angels lost to the Turkish team Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta Turk Telekom in a heart-breaking five setter (25-19, 21-25, 25-21, 19-25, 11-15), and lost the chance to be the very first team in Turkish volleyball history to win the Champions League title. The Yellow Angels settled for the third place after beating Scavolini Pesaro in four sets (14-25, 25-21, 25-21, 25-21), thanks to the local heroines Seda Tokatlıoğlu, Naz Aydemir, and Eda Erdem

n 2012, the Korean superstar Kim Yeon-Koung, aka the Asian Gamova, the American superstar Logan Tom, aka the Queen, and the Brazilian superstar Fabiana Claudino, aka the Black Pearl, all joined Fenerbahçe Universal after the club parted its ways with the non-Turkish players, except Lioubov Sokolova. The Yellow Angels won the CEV Volleyball Champions League, which was organized in Baku in 24–25 March 2012, having defeated France’s RC Cannes in the final in three straight sets (25-14, 25-22, and 25-20). Kim Yeon-Koung won the MVP award. She was also the Best Scorer. Naz Aydemir was named the Best Setter.

Achievements

International success
    FIVB Club World Championship: Winner - 2010
    Women's CEV Champions League: Champion - 2011/12
    Second - 2009/10
    Third - 2010/11
    CEV Champion Club's Cup: Quarter Final - 1968/69
    CEV Cup Winner's Cup: Quarter Final - 1973/74
    Women's CEV Top Teams Cup: Third - 2008/09

Domestic success

Turkish championships (11)
    Turkish Women's Volleyball League: Winners (3): 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11
    Runners-up (2): 2006-07, 2007-08
    Turkish Women's Volleyball Championship: Winners (8 ): 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1968, 1969, 1972
    Third (3): 1962, 1974, 1977

Other competitions
    Turkish Cup: Winner (1): 2009-10
    Runners-up (1): 2008-09
    Turkish Super Cup: Winners (2): 2009, 2010
    Runners-up (1): 2011
    Istanbul League: Winners (10): 1955-56, 1956-57, 1957-58, 1958-59, 1960-61, 1967-68, 1968-69, 1970-71, 1971-72, 1972-73
    Runners-up (5): 1959-60, 1962–63, 1969–70, 1973–74, 1974–75
    Third (7): 1954-55, 1961–62, 1963–64, 1964–65, 1965–66, 1966–67, 1976–77

Private Competitions
    Polisan Tournament: Winner (1): 2006
    Marmaris Tournament: Winners (2): 2006, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F…%A7e_Women%27s_Volleyball

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• In Europe the economic crisis continues to get worse. Universal Hospital Groups has the economics crisis. They wants to end Fenerbahce Women's Volleyball Team (also known as "Yellow Angels") sponsorships but there is nothing official yet. There are many offers from different companies. (for ex. Garanti Bank, Doğuş Groups & Holding) In previously there were proposals for new sponsorship by Turkish Airlines.

First of all, Fenerbahçe has already signed contract with Meryem Boz from İlller Bankası Ankara.

Eda Erdem has resigned 2 year contract extensions to remain with the Fenerbahce. Per team policy, terms of the agreements were not disclosed.

Ze Roberto and Fabiana Claudino leaves from Fenerbahce but Ze Roberto has not yet made any deal with Amil Campinas and just over a few weeks ago in a recorded sport program, the Ze Roberto spoke of returning to Brazil.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Edited 2 times, last by filedefener ().

• Thanks dear...Everyone already knows it. Of course, Sheilla Castro had offer from Fenerbahce once again but she didn't accept and she already signed with Sollys Osasco. :wall:

She's at 30. I'd like to see her here no matter what..Sheilla :rose: maybe Fenerbahce interested in Hooker or Flier (just a predict)

According to Turkish media news the new coaching candidates are Abbondanza or Caprara. I prefer Caprara to Abbondanza. to be honestly I don't want to see Italian coach here anymore but In my opinion Giovanni Caprara could be good for Fenerbahce. He is great coach and he is not just coach, he's like a daddy.

Edited once, last by filedefener ().

• Thanks, Burak. I prefer Caprara, too.

Didn't Naz sign a contract extension, too?

not yet. Fenerbahce is not in any hurry about it

Firstly,I think the sponsor and coach problems are more important than about this at the moment.

• Lioubov Sokolova left from Fenerbahce and she will not play for Fenerbahce this season. Yeon Koung Kim and Logan Tom will stay in Fenerbahce.

Like Kim always say, one doesn't know what can happen in the future but if it were up to me to decide, she would like to stay at Fenerbahce. ;) I my opinion only time will tell if Yeon Koung Kim is the best player ever

Some of us were afraid that our sponsor would reject or judge us. Fenerbahce and Universal sponsorship deal continues and will probably continue to be so in the coming years.

We aren't interested in Abbondanza,Caprara, Vercesi and Giuseppe Cuccarini.

• :aww: Fenerbahçe Universal will participate in Champions League 2012/13 :win:

• :aww: Fenerbahçe Universal will participate in Champions League 2012/13 :win:

what about new transfers, instead of sokolova and fabiana?

• Lioubov Sokolova left from Fenerbahce and she will not play for Fenerbahce this season. Yeon Koung Kim and Logan Tom will stay in Fenerbahce.

Is it official?

• Interesting news!

Filedefener, if Fenerbahce is not interested in those coaches, who are their choices?

• Interesting news!

Filedefener, if Fenerbahce is not interested in those coaches, who are their choices?

I'm really curious about it and I have a million questions like who will be new coach of Fenerbahce

Does ECZ have to pay Fener transfer fees?

As far as I know Liuba had 1 more year contract with Fenerbahçe. So, Eczacibasi must pay transfer fee to Fenerbahçe.

• Update..

Nilay Özdemir has signed 2-years contract with Fenerbahçe..

Fenerbahce tries everything to extend Naz's contract and in my opinion yellow canaries can't afford to lose Naz Aydemir :thumbup:

Duygu Bal is leaving Fenerbahce.

:wavy:

• Guys, do you think there are some problems in the team management this year? Is there any possibility that fbu management satisfied with the title after last season or is it about the general election will come soon?

• First of all, Fenerbahçe has already signed contract with Meryem Boz from İlller Bankası Ankara

Now it's officialy :thumbup:

Nihan Güneyligil has resigned her contract extensions to remain with the Fenerbahce. Seda Tokatlioglu has offers from Eczacibasi and Galatasaray

• @DarkoMacedonia

We aren't interested in Berg and no foreign setter at the moment. :thumbup: and I don't like Lindsey