Where are they now?

• I've also been wondering about a player, maybe Dutch friends can help ^^ It's Irina Donets, MB from Dutch NT in 2002-2004, she was a rather good player but I think when Selinger took over the team she wasn't there again, what has become of her?

• does anyone have idea where Cuban MB Sanchez is? As far as I know she was also discarded from NT, but no idea whether she succeed to escape from country ?(

• Mello sisters in their blog http://voleisemfronteiras.blog…carolina-costagrande.html one year ago have told that she devoted herself to studies. Maybe they know better?)

Maybe they know, have to ask them. But how to contact? I have a small feeling one of them exist here on this board around ous "lethal" human beings, but with what name? I still grope in the dark there. But if she knows, maybe she can write to ous here.

• Thanks for answering, le coq! :)

I also like to add Sun Yue, Yin Yin, Wu Yongmei, Ku Min Jung, Qi He, Narita Ogake. (I remember Japan used to make high-pitched noises when they play back then :lol: )

Sun Yue, Yin Yin and QI He all retire

WU Yongmei became an assistant coach

• What about 2005 World Youth Championship best setter Peshekhonova Elena? It is not so usual that having Russian best setter in any age level 8|

• What about 2005 World Youth Championship best setter Peshekhonova Elena? It is not so usual that having Russian best setter in any age level 8|

Last season she was 2nd setter of Omichka. She is from the same generation as Startseva, in Youth/Junior NT they were on a similar level but now it seems Startseva has made much better progress.

• Last season she was 2nd setter of Omichka. She is from the same generation as Startseva, in Youth/Junior NT they were on a similar level but now it seems Startseva has made much better progress.

What can you say about Stratanovich Irina, she seems also best receiver of the same tournament 8|

http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…AM=RUS&TRN=GU182005&sm=38

It seems Startseva didn't play at youth level :whistle:

• It seems Startseva didn't play at youth level :whistle:

No idea about Youth level, but I went to some matches in 2006 Junior ECH, Startseva and Peshekhonova were both in the team and got about the same amount of playing time then. By the way, that team had a very funny coach, a rather old woman who was like a female version of Karpol :lol:

Irina Stratanovich is now Irina Kuznetsova and plays for Dinamo Kazan in Russian SL, I guess u know now...but she is a pretty good player I think at least.

She is one of the very few Russian players who seems to be better in reception than in attack ;) I'd like to see her in a team where she could be main player, in Kazan all she does is serves...

• I've also been wondering about a player, maybe Dutch friends can help ^^ It's Irina Donets, MB from Dutch NT in 2002-2004, she was a rather good player but I think when Selinger took over the team she wasn't there again, what has become of her?

I can't add anything, unfortunately. Google doesn't help either.

• She is one of the very few Russian players who seems to be better in reception than in attack ;) I'd like to see her in a team where she could be main player, in Kazan all she does is serves...

Yepp, its pretty rare, I think Yana Scherban also could be said to be better in reception than attack, even though she was 4th best scorer in Russian SL this year hehe. Not to forget mention Anastacia Markova that played for Proton last year and Dinamo Moscow this season. She´s a good receiver I think, not that bad in attack either, but worse.

Kuznetsova will probably leave this season to a "lower" team, at least she has not extended her contract with Kazan yet.

• I can't add anything, unfortunately. Google doesn't help either.

I only know that in 2006 she was playing for Fakel Novy Urengoy in Russian second league

• Former German NT player Sylvia Roll will work next season as coach of a Men 2nd league team :thumbsup: The goal will be to take the team to 1st league. She'll be the only female coach of a male team in 1st and 2nd league.