Where are they now?

• Where are Natalia Morozova (Russia-MB), Theresa Crawford, Kim Willoughby ?

I second this. I also like to add: Inessa Sargsian and Korukovets (both Russian players)

• I second this. I also like to add: Inessa Sargsian and Korukovets (both Russian players)

Korukovets played last season in Omsk.
    Inessa Sargsian is now called Korkmaz, she played in Azerbaijan NT until 2008 or so.
    Kim Willoughby was banned for 2 years (?) due to substance abuse and last season returned to play in Puerto Rico.
    Therese Crawford is married to SB Community boss Simurina and they have a little child together.
    Morozova played in Turkey some years ago and also somewhere in Russian league, but I don't remember details.

• Korukovets played last season in Omsk.
    Inessa Sargsian is now called Korkmaz, she played in Azerbaijan NT until 2008 or so.
    Kim Willoughby was banned for 2 years (?) due to substance abuse and last season returned to play in Puerto Rico.
    Therese Crawford is married to SB Community boss Simurina and they have a little child together.
    Morozova played in Turkey some years ago and also somewhere in Russian league, but I don't remember details.

I see. I've came across Kormkaz's name several times and I didn't know it was Sargsian from Russia. :lol: about Willoughby, I tried looking her up in wikipedia and it says:

"Willoughby tested positive for nandrolone after a match for her Italian team Perugia in April 2009. On September 11, 2009, it was announced that Willoughby was given a two year suspension from the Italian Olympic Committee, to end on July 10, 2011."

I remembered she had a good performance in Beijing olympics and it's a waste for a player's career get disrupted by instances such as this. Could it be the reason why she's not in US NT?

• Inessa Korkmaz lives in İstanbul since 3-4 year. She helps to Russian players in Istanbul and she works as manager of player.

Morozova played for Fenerbahce in 2004-05 season then there is no info about her :S

Btw here are the Özge and Natalia

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Thanks for the pics, filedefener! Is Morozova the first Russian to play for Fenerbahce? Morozova have very good reception back then. I even remember her playing as libero in WGP 2002 which Russia won. If I'm not mistaken, there was a certain rotation in Karpol's system where Morozova would hit high balls from the outside?

• Thanks for the pics, filedefener! Is Morozova the first Russian to play for Fenerbahce? Morozova have very good reception back then. I even remember her playing as libero in WGP 2002 which Russia won. If I'm not mistaken, there was a certain rotation in Karpol's system where Morozova would hit high balls from the outside?

yep, Morozova is the first Russian player of Fenerbahce ^^

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Morozova comes from the times when there was no libero, so everyone had to learn reception, and she was very good at it. And yes, I remember there was one rotation when setter was on pos 6 and Morozova on 4 when she would actually attack from 4 because Sokolova attacked through the middle in that rotation. It happened very seldom that Morozova got set in that rotation, usually good reception was set to the middle and bad reception either to Artamonova on 5 or Godina/Gamova on 2.

Somehow I thought Morozova played in some other Turkish club not that long ago, maybe 4-5 years...might have been Karsiyaka, but I'm not at all sure about it.

EDIT: In Russian Wikipedia is written:
    2005-06 Fenerbahce
    2006-07 Karsiyaka
    2007-08 Universitet Belgorod
    2008-09 Fakel Noviy Urengoi

• Where are Stacey Gordon,Katie Wilkins,Sarah Noriega,Tracy Lyn Stalls? Also some serbians like Vujovic,Simanic,Brankica Nikic?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• It's quite interesting how some teams play volleyball back then. I clearly remember Sokolova would hit quick balls from the position 3 and 2. I watched the replay of CHN vs RUS olympics finals and I was surprised to see Zhang Ping spike from the backrow. Don't know if she takes balls like that from time to time or it was just a spur of the moment. Hehe :D

• It's quite interesting how some teams play volleyball back then. I clearly remember Sokolova would hit quick balls from the position 3 and 2. I watched the replay of CHN vs RUS olympics finals and I was surprised to see Zhang Ping spike from the backrow. Don't know if she takes balls like that from time to time or it was just a spur of the moment. Hehe :D

Now,Zhang Ping is liveing HK. :|