Who is the hardest hitter in the world?

• I tend to think that something was mistranslated somewhere in the process. I remember 100+ km/h serves from Santos in 2008 Olympics, and usually in attack it is possible to hit even harder. But either way, Santos definitely is among the hardest hitters, and Calderon in best shape has the same power or even more...

• I tend to think that something was mistranslated somewhere in the process. I remember 100+ km/h serves from Santos in 2008 Olympics, and usually in attack it is possible to hit even harder. But either way, Santos definitely is among the hardest hitters, and Calderon in best shape has the same power or even more...

I agree with you, I also think the number seems too low. Santos hits really hard for sure, but the first name that comes to my mind is (of course) Calderon as you also mentioned. I remember Nancy Carrillo had extremly hard spikes too in her peak, and Kenia Carcaces in her shape from WCH 2010, must be up there too (?). Overall, the cubans seems very hard to beat in this department.

Maybe the discussion would be more intresting if the Cubans is "out of competiton" ;)

• Yeah the Cubans definitely are on top...Kosheleva also hits quite hard when she is healthy, and Artamonova in her best years (late 90s/early 2000s) also was very strong.

They are hard hitters for sure, Estes still hits very strong :) But for me at least, you forget the hardest russian spiker of all, Liuba Sokolova. Not anymore, but in her peak days (like WCH 2006) she was hitting almost as hard as the cubans IMO. Dont u think?

• I don't know, Lyuba was always techically the best, and among the best players there are no big differences in hitting power anyway (apart from the Cubans), but I never thought her power was any outstanding...

• I don't know, Lyuba was always techically the best, and among the best players there are no big differences in hitting power anyway (apart from the Cubans), but I never thought her power was any outstanding...

Alright, at least for me, I always thought for ex. her slide attacks back in the days was scary powerful, so the defence had huge problems to handle them even if they read it right, at least its what I remember. In terms of good technichial skills, I also rate for ex. Kosheleva very high.

There was also some players from Soviet back in the days, that really could crush the ball, like Smirnova.

• maybe not as hard as Cubans, but still Wang Yimei and Kim Yeon spikes very hard :whistle: Among Cubans, Carillo's best times were amazing in my opinion :rose:

• I am not sure if I read the article correctly, but it talks about the serve. I don't think it talks about the attack from various positions. If it is the serve, I guess, there is no question how strong Santos' serve is.

• When she gets high ball,Mammadova is too strong,there is no defense when she hits it right. Pure example 2006 FIVB World Grand prix,where she,against the best teams in world,like China,Cuba,Brazil,Russia and USA scored 30+ points in 6 out of 9 matches!!!

• Ana Ibis Fernandez also had an insane power :D Yimei is also so powerful :love:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• When she gets high ball,Mammadova is too strong,there is no defense when she hits it right. Pure example 2006 FIVB World Grand prix,where she,against the best teams in world,like China,Cuba,Brazil,Russia and USA scored 30+ points in 6 out of 9 matches!!!

Mammadova certainly is a great player, but in terms of hitting power (i.e. speed of the ball), I don't see her among the best players. Most of her success is due to her height and technique.

• i saw Ana Ibis Fernandez 3 years ago in Jesi when she played for S.Pietroburgo and even if she wasn't young,she impressed me a lot!!! :white:

players with the highest power to me are Calderon and Carcaces and i also think Montano is great in terms of strenght!!!!