Eczacıbaşı Vitra 2012/2013

• About fan group:

Ecz's fan group, named, TIGERS. What kind of name this is? Is Ecz club trying to attract fans from England or what. And, these clubs are complaining about number of fans watching volley in volley arenas in Turkey. A poor PR and promoting way of volley to majority of people. At least, they could name themselves as KAPLAN-lar (tiger-s in turkish) if they do not know marketting ability. An average Turk, majority of Turk will not understand what TIGERS is and they will stay away from un-known things like these.. Those fans in group TIGERS are probably workers of Ecz factories, so, I don't think this name is their idea, probably, idea of Ecz volley club management which is led by Nalan.. (another evidence about her, to be kicked out of the club, as she is far away from the community, and this is resulting in smaller fan base in the volley.)

• gooosh, are you bored or what ? cause you gets at every single detail 8|

Well, probably, Glinka is bored (watch her video "son set" clip in Vakif thread), she is complaining about the numbers of fans in volley games in Turkey and she is totally right.. So, I thought a little about this and found this name of fan group as another reason showing mentality at Ecz volley club for not enough number of volley fans.. You may not be supporting Glinka since she is playing at Vakif, but, as good Vakif fan, as team-play-fan, I also contribute to this not to make our player be bored.:) . I should be thanked here at Ecz forum, lol, but, no, complained? unfair to Erol. (In Vakif thread here, I also posted why Vakif is poor at increasing nr of fans.)

• Glinka is absolutely right about number of fans at matches, but your theory about the Eczaci's Tigers name is ridiculous really :lol:

• Glinka is absolutely right about number of fans at matches, but your theory about the Eczaci's Tigers name is ridiculous really :lol:

Why ridiculous? This is not England where 99% of people understand what TIGERS is. This is Turkey, only a small minority, 5% can understand what Tiger is.. Most of people watch televisions and volley matches at tvs and when they see TIGERS written in big letters in front of Ecz fan group, 95% of people here will stay away from them. Just one of reasons about poor marketting strategy. I see this and I am not making any money. If Ecz club management doesn't see this, then, their managers who too are players in this volley arena are wrong selections.

• yeah for sure, they dont know what Tiger is when they look at Eczaci's uniforms colours, billboard with tiger face and name "Tigers" with tiger scratch on it. They think "what the hell is this Tiger?" 8|

• yeah for sure, they dont know what Tiger is when they look at Eczaci's uniforms colours, billboard with tiger face and name "Tigers" with tiger scratch on it. They think "what the hell is this Tiger?" 8|

Are you serious in your these words? If so, then, you are missing a point.
    You know English, therefore, you have no problem with connecting the text "tiger" to tiger pictures.

A baby kid, less than 5 years old, too can connect a picture and a text under it as s/he doesn't know any word yet.

This is a possible dialogue (unless it is language course) between Ecz fan (who knows English) and any adult aged person X with no English knowledge (like 95% of Turks.)

-----

Ecz fan knowing English: Look at our amblem, i am Ecz fan.

Person X: I watched some of your matches on tv, but, I did't realize your figure is a tiger picture. But, what is it (Tiger) written under that animal tiger picture? I also saw this text "tiger" in front of your fan group on tv. What is it?

Ecz fan: It is the name of that animal in the picture of our logos.

Person X: No, its name is "kaplan" (tiger in turkish), not, "tiger".

Ecz fan: Tiger is the name of that animal in English.

Person X: (probably feeling at a language course), his face is in a questioning mode and thinking why not "kaplan", but "tiger". (probably, will think that Ecz is trying to show themselves as seperate, like high-societies do, from 95%, majority of people and he will probably say to himself silently "watch it yourselves minority only then..")

---

Such a dialog will not happen often.. people will not even question what "tiger" means even if it is written under its picture, they will not connect the word to the picture unless they are less than 5 years old or at a language course. They will think somethings else as they already have a word "kaplan" related to the animal in the picture..

So, absolutely unnecessary, poor way of marketting by using the name "Tiger" as permanent name of a fan group in Turkey.

If they are trying to attract fans from England, I can understand. But, England is no volley country, hence, no volley fan market.
    If they are after ready volley fan market, I advice them to chance their name "Tiger" to "Tygrys" (tiger in Polish):)..

• You really don't have anything to do, right :lol:

• You may find it so, ridiculous. But, most of people I know of, who don't like to become Ecz volley fan, find "Tigers" ridiculous.
    This is our difference from Ecz society, high-society, we Vakif fans are ordinary folks. This is why Glinka is happy among us.
    Hope you liked this explanation:)

• i didnt know that turkish clubs are divided to nobility and plebeian clubs :lol: i'd better finish this conversation cause it's without any sense

• hah. :) Nobility and Plebeian? But, opposite of Plebeian is Patrician, that's, Pater-ian, that's, Father-an. Is this Nalan or who:)? You knew this was coming and you used the term Nobility, to take the good portion of cake, right? you :smart

Ecz's nobility is like palace nobility, left hand for fork, right hand for knife, or was it vice versa?, :lol

Ps: I saw a picture, i don't remember now where, on twitter?, posted by Nalan. She dressed her players like royals and her note under the picture was "ours are the best!", lol

• Forumu uzun süreden beridir takip ederim senin kadar saçmalayanını görmedim