Azerbaijani NT 2012-13

• Azerbaijani National team continue preparations for the European Championship Qualification!

Natalya MAMMADOVA joined the team. Oksana PARKHOMENKO, Polina RAHIMOVA and Kseniya KOVALENKO are recovering from the injuries and will be ready until the end of year but will not take part in Qualification matches.

After having some control matches with Odintsovo in Riga , Azerbaijani NT today met Slovakian NT in Baku.

The match ended 3-2 with the Azeri NT victory. Valeriya Korotenko, Yelena Parkhomenko, Natalya Mammadova and Odina Aliyeva did not play this match staying on the bench.

Starting six of Azerbaijan

Natavan GASIMOVA (setter) - Captain - 3 points (177 cm, 1985)
    Katya KULIK (diogonal) - 17 points 69% (191 cm, 1989)
    Jana MATIASOVKSA-AGHAYEVA (outside-hitter) - 21 points 49% ( 200cm, 1987)
    Anastasiya GURBANOVA (Outside Hitters) - 20 points 59% (188 cm, 1989)
    Aynur KARIMOVA (Middle blocker) - 9 points 88% (190 cm, 1988 )
    Darya ZAMANOVA (Middle Blocker) - 10 points 57% (194 cm , 1987)
    Oksana KISELYOVA (Libero) - (176 cm, 1992)

Slovakia:
    Viestova - Soares 27 points
    Radosova 17 pts - Bramborova 18 pts
    Panchonova 11 pts - Crkonova 9 pts

The match was quite interesting. Totally different Azeri NT played very fast volleyball. Captain Natavan GASIMOVA as a setter led her team great and all the hitters had percentages of attack over 50%.
    The style of playing of NT surprised me a lot! Match could end also 3-0 as Azeri NT were leading all the sets with 5-7 points but could not keep concentration untill the end!

Jana MATIASOVSKA- AGHAYEVA is the first debutant of NT and she played against her former NT very well.
    Another debutant is Katya KULIK - left handed opposite, 23 years old. Played pretty well and strongly.

I hope our NT keeps playing such speedy volleyball in the future! I like it!

• I believe Azeri NT has a potential but the NT players should play in the league. There must be a foreign limit or federation must create a new team includes young Azeri NT players.

• Darya changed her position? How was she?
    What about Mammadova? She is not injured, why she didnt play?

• Zamanova changed position and played as middle- she was pretty good! 3 blockis 7 attacks and 57%. Even she is diogonal/outisder she can spike first temp and slide attack! Was impressive! Adnan Kistak discovered her as a middle two years ago
    Mammadova has small injury and is gonna be ok in 10 days INSHALLAH

• more information about Katya KULIK? I don't find her name on CEV web.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Where will Jana MATIASOVKSA-AGHAYEVA and Katya KULIK play this season,in which clubs? It's positive that Azeri NT can win a match against Slovakia withour all of its best players like Mamma,Oksana,Polina and Kseniya!!

• Where will Jana MATIASOVKSA-AGHAYEVA and Katya KULIK play this season,in which clubs? It's positive that Azeri NT can win a match against Slovakia withour all of its best players like Mamma,Oksana,Polina and Kseniya!!

Jana will play in Korea, I'm not sure about Katya

• Today they played 2nd friendly match

Azerbaijan- Slovakia 2:3 (25:20, 17:25, 18:25, 25:17, 10:15)

I dont know exactly who played, but what I have read from facebook page Mamma didnt play, Yelena Parkomeno played instead of Darya. Also, 3rd setter Shafagat played some parts of the match.

• Today they played 2nd friendly match

Azerbaijan- Slovakia 2:3 (25:20, 17:25, 18:25, 25:17, 10:15)

I dont know exactly who played, but what I have read from facebook page Mamma didnt play, Yelena Parkomeno played instead of Darya. Also, 3rd setter Shafagat played some parts of the match.

Slovakia: Smák 2, Soares 11, Noseková 12, Radosová 18, Pencová 16, Crkoňová 15, libero Nikmonová and Valachová (Kuciaková 2, Bramborová 1)

• Radosova was so promising in youth and junior level, it is nice to see that she is already a leading player in senior level :win:

• Yes Radosova was one of the leaders! Great player of the future!
    Bramborova- left handed outside hitter was also very solid! Liked a lot! Yesterday Soares was the best with 27 points and very good percentage. She played as well as in ECH 2009! Very useful and leader player.
    I also liked their middles!
    Slovakia- was way better than I thought! Bravo Cada!

• Nice to see that Monika Smak still wants to play for her NT. She's very good setter and she will help a lot. This mixture of young girls and experieced setter is very interesting :!:

• Yes Radosova was one of the leaders! Great player of the future!
    Bramborova- left handed outside hitter was also very solid! Liked a lot! Yesterday Soares was the best with 27 points and very good percentage. She played as well as in ECH 2009! Very useful and leader player.
    I also liked their middles!
    Slovakia- was way better than I thought! Bravo Cada!

Both Slovakia and Slovenia are improving a lot in youth/junior level for several years, now their promising players are getting experienced, which makes these teams competitive. In last 10 years top teams are always the same 7-8 countries, it would be nice to see these small countries improve and make the competition tougher in near future, especially after collapse of many dominating european teams, next year is very auspicious for these developing NTs. :whistle: :whistle:

• I have read that Gurbanova got injured at the 2nd friendly match. Ilgar do you know how she is now?

I hop it is not seroius, no more inuries in NT :mad:

• Azeri NT keep having bad luck with injuries,so unlucky! :( X(

• Azerbaijan qualified for the 5th consecutive time at European Championship!!!!