Petition for Yeon-koung KIM

• Link to on-line Petiton

As fans of Yeon-koung Kim and fans of volleyball, we earnestly submit this Petition to ask the International Volleyball Federation(FIVB) to Confer the status of Free Agent(FA) to Kim and actively facilitate the issuance of her International Transfer Certificate(ITC).

As proven by recent events, the Korean Volleyball Federation(KVA) and her ex-club, Heungkuk Life(HKL), have knowingly deceived and misled Kim to sign an interim agreement that consequently lead to the FIVB's regrettable decision. Knowing very well that the provisions under the international regulations will grant FA status, the two parties manipulated their power and acted in bad faith to ban her from volleyball.

For example, there was A verbal agreement made prior to the signing the agreement document with the assurance and mutual understanding that this document will not be disclosed or tendered in any manner to influence the process. KVA, knowing the legal implications, covertly submitted the document to FIVB during deliberation to change the decision. KVA has denied publicly that there was no verbal agreement, but immediately contradicted itself by admitting to having made such a verbal agreement in the next sentence.

Also, HKL has retitled the 'agreement' as 'KVA's Final Decision' in Korean when submitting a translated version to Kim's club, Fenerbahce. This document was later exposed through the media, and HKL denied sending of such document once before admitting that it was a 'mistranslation' when in fact the translation was done correctly to the retitled Korean wording.

Hailed as the MVP of the London 2012 Summer Olympics, Yeon-koung Kim is an invaluable asset to the world of volleyball and deserves to play in the world scene. By reason of KVA and HKL'S unscrupulous manipulations, she was unjustly deprived of her rights to play. Volleyball fans around the world were dismayed when she was banned from a competition she deserves to participate. We hereby submit our petition and voice our hope to the FIVB as the international body that represents volleyball around the world, to forthwith restore her rights as FA.

Please LET Yeon-koung Kim FREE!

• i signed the petition already :win:

• Freedom ...
    I hope you already signed some petitions to liberate some political prisoners.
    Here it's only a matter of money.

• i sgned a petition before and that was for the prisoners of the iraq war since i am against that war sorry :offtopic:

• Today, she held a press conf at the national assembly, in Korea.

Yes, she should be at court in Doha now, but she could not.

Here is a message from her, translated by http://yeon-koung-fan.blogspot.com/

-------------------

I feel bad I should be sharing good news as an athlete to the Korean people, but I am not able to. I want to be an athlete who can give happiness on the courts to the Korean people, and I believe I will be able to do so. I want to play in the international scene. Like the soccer star Ji Sung Park who is actively playing abroad, I want to make my name known internationally and also make Korea better known. That is my dream heading forward, and I wish to play internationally.

I want to come back again. I want to teach our juniors and other people the advanced volleyball I learn abroad.

I want to thank Heungkuk Life for supporting me up till now, and I also want to say that I will come back and repay my gratitude.

Since starting volleyball at the age of 10, I didn't grow much in height and went through a period where I contemplated whether or not to continue volleyball. After that, I have never been lazy or tried to look for other ways.

Although I'm going though hard times now because I can't compete, I have nothing to set my eyes on but volleyball. That's because I am a volleyball player. I am the happiest when I'm standing on the court. For the last time, I ask sincerely.

Thank you fans who love me. I will make it up to you. Thank you.

• War was also because of money.

sompe people in twitter accused her preferring money, but I didnt understand why?

• sompe people in twitter accused her preferring money, but I didnt understand why?

Yes, me neither. It is easy to say like that, not paying any attention to know the reality because it is already too complicate for them. They only see what they want to see, not the truth.

• what will happen now to her? ;(

• what will happen now to her? ;(

It hurts to see her. Her mother says, she could not eat and sleep these days because of stress. and she looks so fatigued.

11 years for one team, HeungKuk lifte, it's too much for such a great player. FIVB has to admit her as an FA.

• It hurts to see her. Her mother says, she could not eat and sleep these days because of stress. and she looks so fatigued.

11 years for one team, HeungKuk lifte, it's too much for such a great player. FIVB has to admit her as an FA.

what do you mean 11 years?

• She spent 7 years till now as a HK's player. HK insists again 4 year to finish it.

what? 4 years again?! heungkuk is really making e angry X( didn't you say before that she had 3 injuries during her stint with heungkuk? so obviously a player would not want to be in a team where she hurts herself

• Clarifying: HK says they will accept her current 2-yr contract with Fenerbahce on the condition as a loan-player. If so, she needs to play for HK 2 more yrs to become a FA(This disaster comes from not trying to acknowledge 'loan' period). So, 4 more yrs ...Totally 11 yrs under name of HK. She couln't choose which team she wanted play for 7 yrs and can't do for 4 more yrs.

So, this is not about $. Those who blame her for wanting $ are blinded to the truth like YKagassi said.

• İ really wonder how this all will end this is really nothing but slavery and for Korean Fed defeding HK instead of Kim is biggest shame of all :aww: won't even talk about sell out Fivb decision about Kim that simply completes circle :thumbdown:

• so , at least for Hung Kuk the matter is ... money !
    And what about all North Korean volleyball players ?
    No petition for them ?

• so , at least for Hung Kuk the matter is ... money !
    And what about all North Korean volleyball players ?
    No petition for them ?

about north korean volleyball players petition will not be enough what you need their is revolution to totally change the system :lol:

• about north korean volleyball players petition will not be enough what you need their is revolution to totally change the system :lol:

If it makes you laughing ...
    But when we can read here the words of "freedom" and even "slavery" for the Kim (a nice player I agree) case, it's (at least) a little bit shocking :thumbdown: